Recommitted Hamish Hartlett [staying at Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the age in 2015

"Hamish Hartlett has resisted more lucrative offers from a number of Victorian-based clubs, re-signing with Port Adelaide until the end of 2021.The 25-year-old was reportedly in high demand from North Melbourne and Richmond, but the South Australian said his future was always at Alberton.
Hartlett revealed that he had turned down long-term, big-money offers to stay in Adelaide."

What's your point, are you seriously saying your glad he stayed ?

hh and his manager meets richmond/essendon/stkilda who ask him what he wants. he says he wont take a pay cut from his 700k deal.

clubs react by falling off there chair laughing 2035_autoplay_gif_gif_vince_mcmahon_wwf.gif and he runs back to port tail between his leg

hh and his manager meets richmond/essendon/stkilda who ask him what he wants. he says he wont take a pay cut from his 700k deal.

clubs react by falling off there chair laughing View attachment 296923 and he runs back to port tail between his leg
I do enjoy watching that McMahon clip. Its always funny.

Sounds like this thread can probably be put to bed now.

"Hamish Hartlett’s player manager says Power captain Travis Boak was pivotal in Hammer deciding he would rather stay at Alberton than pursue trade options. "

Weird seeing they hate each other and theres a major rift

Good captains normally put their teams 1st, now 17 other clubs are indebted to Boak.
Thanks Boaky.

While there has been suggestions the club are under massive salary cap stress, according to the SEN Inside Football trade correspondent their issues are similar to many others.

“Not as bad as what has been reported. I think that there’s salary cap stress at most clubs and that they’re no different to a lot of others,” said Anderson on SEN Afternoons.

what no way!! crazy talk we are bursting even tho other teams are paying between 95% and 100% just like, well every god damn team lol

To throw a spanner in the works I heard it wasn't that HH turned down big offers to remain at Port. Apparently HH was keen on Essendon but they didn't appear as keen on him in return.
I think Essendon's interest dwindled when Watson recommitted. But it could also be a simple as Port wanting a first round pick & Essendon not willing to give up pick #1 to work out a deal for him.

To throw a spanner in the works I heard it wasn't that HH turned down big offers to remain at Port. Apparently HH was keen on Essendon but they didn't appear as keen on him in return.
I think Essendon's interest dwindled when Watson recommitted. But it could also be a simple as Port wanting a first round pick & Essendon not willing to give up pick #1 to work out a deal for him.

Jeez an opinion that is moderate and considered what are you doing supporting Essendon. I think that would be about the mark. All the way through I've said Essendon or Port while being howled down by Crows and Stains supporters. And its fine if Essendon isn't into him but I'm sure you'd take him on the cheap.

"Hamish Hartlett’s player manager says Power captain Travis Boak was pivotal in Hammer deciding he would rather stay at Alberton than pursue trade options. "

Weird seeing they hate each other and theres a major rift
Boak and HH kissed and made up and agreed to share their toys.

How cute....

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Useless Bay 13 s**t by Geoffa, how typical.
Boak being involved with changing his mind pretty much confirms the rumour.

Edwards and McLeod had a great working relationship despite not liking each other.

Seems these guys are going to give it a go too.

Bear in mind it does appear it was you guys pushing Hartlett out the door initially. Not Hartlett wanting to leave.

Edwards and McLeod had a great working relationship despite not liking each other.

Well that's a bit better than your last troll post...

Except you of course have no idea what's going on. They could be quite fine now.

End of the day/Trade Period we will know.

If you get a first rounder for him it is as you say. A deal you could not refuse. Anything less than that it had to be personal issues or Cap Space.

We will know when that time comes.

Yeah nah

Bear in mind it does appear it was you guys pushing Hartlett out the door initially. Not Hartlett wanting to leave.

That's some seriously good reefer that you're smoking maaaaaaaaan.

That's some seriously good reefer that you're smoking maaaaaaaaan.
Why else would Boak be involved?

Hartlett did not want to leave. Port instigated it. Thus Boak did not have to talk him into staying as he would in his role as captain.

Seems the two met up, after the market gave HH his true worth, and worked out the problems to a point where they will continue to work together.

Quite admirable IMO.

Last edited:
Why else would Boak be involved?

Hartlett did not want to leave. Port instigated it. Thus Boak did not have to talk him into staying as he would in his role as captain.

Wow, keep clutching at those straws champ:thumbsu:
The CLUB instigated that Hamish have a look beyond PAFC due to his below par performance.
Hamish did his due diligence and looked, didn't like what he saw, had a meeting with the club including the captain (who'd have thought it) and all are happy to be moving forward.
It's not really that hard unless you are wearing a tin foil hat.

Wow, keep clutching at those straws champ:thumbsu:
The CLUB instigated that Hamish have a look beyond PAFC due to his below par performance.
Hamish did his due diligence and looked, didn't like what he saw, had a meeting with the club including the captain (who'd have thought it) and all are happy to be moving forward.
It's not really that hard unless you are wearing a tin foil hat.
Not me wearing that hat.....

Pretty poor list management to shop a guy around after one bad year, a year he was not dropped in.

Not to mention being the Vice Captain and signing a five year deal the previous year.

Personally think the "rumour" story paints your club in a better light and shows these guys to be professionals. Agreeing to put the past behind em and move on.

I guess Port are running with the story that makes them look like rank amateurs....

Last edited:
Not me wearing that hat.....

Pretty poor list management to shop a guy around after one bad year, a year he was not dropped in.

Not to mention being the Vice Captain and signing a five year deal the previous year.

Personally think the "rumour" story paints your club in a better light and shows these guys to be professionals. Agreeing to put the past behind em and move on.

I guess Port are running with the story that makes them look like rank amateurs....

I agree with the list management bit but it's you and your mates which keep the spreading fairytales (trolling) about a rift which make you look desperate to paint a negative spin on your older brother rather than look at the facts, but whatever floats your boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back