Toast How can this Melbourne side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

All the teams to beat Melbourne have moved the ball slow to half way then run it. Seems to be the way to go as Melb defend the long kick in really well then score hard off of it. Even when Brisbane were getting the ball halfway they would stop and wait for an option instead of going.

Ah I’ve missed these Melbourne supporters. Half of them haven’t been sighted here for three weeks, until last night.
Sorry too busy welcoming all the Western Dog posters who started visiting Dees board after the Pies did us over on QB again 🤗

Was nice to see you but I think maybe you should forget worrying about finals teams like Melbourne Demons for a little bit, much more big concerns at "the kennels" at the moment.

Sorry too busy welcoming all the Western Dog posters who started visiting Dees board after the Pies did us over on QB again 🤗

Was nice to see you but I think maybe you should forget worrying about finals teams like Melbourne Demons for a little bit, much more big concerns at "the kennels" at the moment.
I would honestly die of shame looking at this thread if I were a The Western™️ fan.

So I guess the answer was just wait for them to revert to the mean?
Exactly. We have reverted to the mean. Especially this guy.

8-D283-A69-4-BF9-4-A3-E-93-DE-B14-B2-CE21503.jpg

All the teams to beat Melbourne have moved the ball slow to half way then run it. Seems to be the way to go as Melb defend the long kick in really well then score hard off of it. Even when Brisbane were getting the ball halfway they would stop and wait for an option instead of going.
I agree to a certain extent, certainly need to take the game on, but I feel this won't be as easy to do in the latter half of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

after watching Melbourne murder Brisbane and then play doctor with their lifeless body for 2 hours, it feels like a terrible year to be a supporter of an Okay-ish finals team. They'll smash everyone in finals again

Thats because you dont bomb at their intercept defenders you run it past them. Easier said than done though.

after watching Melbourne murder Brisbane and then play doctor with their lifeless body for 2 hours, it feels like a terrible year to be a supporter of an Okay-ish finals team. They'll smash everyone in finals again

Brisbane are useless at the G its no measuring stick. Lets see how the melbourne carlton game goes before declaring anything.

Hoping to see us sustain this refound form. Our first 10 weeks was good but always felt like we were going at about 70% of what we were capable of, working our way into the season. Thursday was the best we've played all season.

Lever's return to form was huge for us. Had little impact for a lot of this season so it was awesome to see him back to his best. Our turnover game and pressure was much better too. In that 3 week form slump the fact that we didn't have May and Lever was playing poorly made it very difficult to get our game going.

When we are at our best of winning contested ball plus forcing turnover through pressure we become a difficult team to stop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back