How do we want the club to approach the Jack Viney option?

How to deal with the drafting option of Jack Viney if he is nominated by another club at pick 1 or2?

• Take him at pick 3 if hes nominated by another club - he has red and blue blood.

Votes: 49 81.7%
  • Take the best player available - let others take the risk drafting a kid who wants to be a Demon.

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If he's rated within a reasonable range of the pick we'll take him.

If he's rated outside the top-10 would you really expect us to take him at pick 3??

For the record, I'd hate to pass on him - but I assume the club knows what it's doing.

If he's rated outside the top 10 then ok probably not, but he's rated by all and sundry as a top 5 prospect, he will bleed for the jumper and the Viney name would continue its proud tradition at your club. What's not to like?

If he's rated outside the top 10 then ok probably not, but he's rated by all and sundry as a top 5 prospect, he will bleed for the jumper and the Viney name would continue its proud tradition at your club. What's not to like?
100% agreed. He will be a great player, and one of those guys that lifts the standards of the players around him when they watch how he plays.

True - and I don't think there's any chance we won't pick Viney. We will look like the biggest dicks in the league if we stuff this up.

people still think GWS or GC will bid on him?

Mind boggling.
Who knows what goes on in the minds of Sheedy and Gubby Allan. These are the guys that thought $1 million a year on $cully was a good investment

Back