News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to compare Lukosius with Thilthorpe. Who would you rather have?

Regarding Luko and Rankine, I think Rankine is the one we need more, as we don’t have a natural small forward with X-factor. He has the potential to be an elite small forward and would be a really good fit with us.

Far too early to make a call on Luko or Thilt. Given their positions they currently play Thllt might be worth more but Luko is the better talent.

Rankine is more of a need but Luko is the better known quantity, so I would take Luko. Rankine pretty much missed a year of development.

I have to agree with this based on what I’m seeing right now. Luko looks better than what he is. Defensively, he’s very average. Needs it on his terms. And I reckon hard, finals-like footy wouldn’t suit him at all. Pass if it’s a high price. Which it will be.
Agree. Sounds like the mob down the road are going hard for him anyway. Apparently trying to ship Dixon off to Gold Coast for him. He's not the type of player that will help us win a flag.

Jordan Dawson, Jacob Hopper are the type of player I would be offering 750-800k for 5 or 6 years. Elite ball users who can win their own ball. That's what stands up in finals.

Last edited:
Interesting to compare Lukosius with Thilthorpe. Who would you rather have?

Regarding Luko and Rankine, I think Rankine is the one we need more, as we don’t have a natural small forward with X-factor. He has the potential to be an elite small forward and would be a really good fit with us.

I would rather Thilthorpe. Genuine key position player whom you can build a forward line around, or becomes a dominant ruckman. Lukoscious role in the long term is less clear and unlikely to play such an important role with question marks over the physicality/intensity of his game, no doubt he moves extremely well for someone of his size and his foot skills are sublime.

If we were to trade in Lukoscious, we likely bring him in to replace Lynch as that hard working lead up half forward, whereby he has the freedom to work in around the more tradition key position players in Fog and Thilthorpe.

Would you give GC 2 and 19 for both? Don't know but I might give 4 znd 21.

I wouldn't trade our first pick, neither player addresses our most significant need, which is the midfield. This draft appears to be a very strong midfield draft, I doubt we're going to be trading out such an important pick as 2/4 for, however talented, a struggling small forward and a flanker.

Could you imagine the Port melts if we landed both Luko and Rankine when they think they're getting them for Dixon and hartlett
If we got two young, talented players like that, the last thing I would be thinking about would be Port Adelaide.

Agree. Sounds like the mob down the road are going hard for him anyway. Apparently trying to ship Dixon off to Gold Coast for him. He's not the type of player that will help us win a flag.

I dunno, I reckon I call BS on the Dixon stuff. Port are right in their window this year and next, lose Dixon and suddenly their left with Marshall, Georgiades, Ladhams and Lord as their key talls up forward, none of which offer that massive presence/contest that Dixons offers and allows their smaller forward to feed off of.

Now if you're Gold Coast, you'd be nuts to offer any significant player/draft capital for Dixon whom will likely be retired in 2 years. It'd be akin to us trading pick 4(2) to North for Carey. Just nuts.

I dunno, I reckon I call BS on the Dixon stuff. Port are right in their window this year and next, lose Dixon and suddenly their left with Marshall, Georgiades, Ladhams and Lord as their key talls up forward, none of which offer that massive presence/contest that Dixons offers and allows their smaller forward to feed off of.

Now if you're Gold Coast, you'd be nuts to offer any significant player/draft capital for Dixon whom will likely be retired in 2 years. It'd be akin to us trading pick 4(2) to North for Carey. Just nuts.
Dixon is 31. No way any club gives up anything of substance for him. Not even GC would be that dumb.

Gold Coast are after ready made player, they don’t want more draft picks.

So pick 2, 21 or a future pick to them won’t be attractive. They have had a plethora or picks and done nothing with them.

I’d be keen to see if Keays would be of any interest to them.

Dixon is 31. No way any club gives up anything of substance for him. Not even GC would be that dumb.
It's like North supporters hoping Ben Brown would get them a first round pick and then complaining when it was a second rounder. And Brown was younger.

Dixon would net a late second (30+)

It's like North supporters hoping Ben Brown would get them a first round pick and then complaining when it was a second rounder. And Brown was younger.

Dixon would net a late second (30+)
Port should lose a pick for losing Dixon.

Disagree Port are right in their window. If they don't win the whole thing this year the cliff is up next IMO.

Disagree Port are right in their window. If they don't win the whole thing this year the cliff is up next IMO.
Ahh there's that cliff again. We've been talking about this cliff for years. Watch boak and gray play on next year and be about the same as this year. Dixon not so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone thinking a Crouch trade could be involved to GC re a possible Rankine or Luko deal?

On RMX2086 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why exactly would Matt want to go to that abomination of a set up that are reported to already have cap issues?

If he goes I'd be thinking it will be to a Victorian club with both his and his partner's family in Ballarat.

You also realise Matt is an uncontracted restricted free agent?

I would rather Thilthorpe. Genuine key position player whom you can build a forward line around, or becomes a dominant ruckman. Lukoscious role in the long term is less clear and unlikely to play such an important role with question marks over the physicality/intensity of his game, no doubt he moves extremely well for someone of his size and his foot skills are sublime.

If we were to trade in Lukoscious, we likely bring him in to replace Lynch as that hard working lead up half forward, whereby he has the freedom to work in around the more tradition key position players in Fog and Thilthorpe.

I wouldn't trade our first pick, neither player addresses our most significant need, which is the midfield. This draft appears to be a very strong midfield draft, I doubt we're going to be trading out such an important pick as 2/4 for, however talented, a struggling small forward and a flanker.
I don’t really disagree with your take in the above. I just think a small forward who can light it up, is a crucial component of a strong team. We don’t have any outstanding ones in the current squad who has the pace and the X-factor like a Betts/Cameron.

You don't think COLL have been trying for a couple of years ?

Not fit enough

Not sure that's true.

They've needed him as part of the defensive rotations and have had a stacked midfield - word is he's disappointed that he hasn't gotten more midfield time this year.

Not sure that's true.

They've needed him as part of the defensive rotations and have had a stacked midfield - word is he's disappointed that he hasn't gotten more midfield time this year.
It's true .....interview with Maynard and in his own words this year

I don’t really disagree with your take in the above. I just think a small forward who can light it up, is a crucial component of a strong team. We don’t have any outstanding ones in the current squad who has the pace and the X-factor like a Betts/Cameron.

Yeah, I think if you line up our current squad, the lack of a true impact small forward is a big gap.

Why exactly would Matt want to go to that abomination of a set up that are reported to already have cap issues?

If he goes I'd be thinking it will be to a Victorian club with both his and his partner's family in Ballarat.

You also realise Matt is an uncontracted restricted free agent?
Yes I realise he's a RFA.

Because they won't have cap issues when trade with them and free up some space.

Gold Coast would then possibly offer Matt more coin than a Victorian club, and a new lifestyle.

But it was a thought that was all. No stress.

On RMX2086 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's true .....interview with Maynard and in his own words this year

Interesting. I know folks on the Collingwood board have said different, but if its come from his own lips then you have to trust that.

Less interested if that's not possible.

Interesting. I know folks on the Collingwood board have said different, but if its come from his own lips then you have to trust that.

Less interested if that's not possible.
His comment was in relation to next year, and his desire to play midfield ....knowing he's got a lot of fitness work to do, to get that opportunity ....."but that's been in my hands for a few seasons now "

Yeah, I think if you line up our current squad, the lack of a true impact small forward is a big gap.
We’ve seen Rowe and Murphy get their 2-3 goals in some games, but I think there are deficiencies in their game to be able to do it consistently like Betts/Cameron. Which is why I was disappointed with Stengle’s delisting, as he was tracking to be our clear best small forward and would likely improve in an AFL environment had he continued with us.

Ahh there's that cliff again. We've been talking about this cliff for years. Watch boak and gray play on next year and be about the same as this year. Dixon not so much.
I think Boak and Gray have shown signs that the end isn’t too far away this year. They’re still quality but they’re having more body issues and the end comes quickly. I would think next year is Grays last if he doesn’t retire after this one and Boak might squeeze 2 more if he doesn’t get a significant injury.

Last edited:
Take Boak, Gray and Jonas out of their team and they will be around 7-11th on the ladder. They do have some good kids such as Rozee but this is their last opportunity before they drop off somewhat. They choked a flag last year so it would be a massive fail for that club if they can't win one this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back