News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First trade of the day dropped.

Wonder if we're actually waiting on the Collingwood pick for Frampton to facilitate the Rankine deal. That's the only thing that could be holding it up

First trade of the day dropped.

Wonder if we're actually waiting on the Collingwood pick for Frampton to facilitate the Rankine deal. That's the only thing that could be holding it up
Hmm. Taken at pick 12. 30 games in first two years. Traded away for 18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine taking a week just to negotiate some late picks. Only justin reid man.

How do you know that is true? The media have been wrong with just about everything. As far as we know Gold Coast started off with Pick 5 plus next years second and third for Rankine and next years 4th. If you have no idea what you are talking about stop doing the Reid bashing, it’s boring

How do you know that is true? The media have been wrong with just about everything. As far as we know Gold Coast started off with Pick 5 plus next years second and third for Rankine and next years 4th. If you have no idea what you are talking about stop doing the Reid bashing, it’s boring
I'm just guessing but it would be pretty lame.

Also justin reid, is that you? 🤣

I'm just guessing but it would be pretty lame.

Also justin reid, is that you? 🤣

I’m his Mum so leave him alone!!! 😂 we will never know but he might actually do well to just get away with only trading 5. Cameron did say they were wanting something decent for Rankine. I don’t think they just go sit in the room together for 4 days and talk about the trade for 8 hours a day. He might be fielding interest in Sholl, McAsey, Crouch, Rowe etc. let’s see how he goes by the end of trade period. I know you want the trade done on your time but unfortunately it doesn’t work that way.

giphy.gif

A gun mid from Vic who actually barracked for us because of his dad's time in SA...it burned :(
it was more than that he was born in adelaide, and pre 10 lived there in street of crows supporters. he should have been prioritised if not at draft before he recommitted.

We should have moved up the draft to land 6 when he fell that far on draft night.
Some say we did try - but we never know what goes on behind closed doors. The other party / parties have to be willing too, so the fact that it didn't happen isn't evidence that we didn't try.
Honestly I’m thinking more and more trade week is just theatre created by the AFL so they can sell advertising and keep past players in a media gig for a couple weeks. These deals have been done they just drip feed them to us to keep us engaged all week. It’s nonsense.
I think it would be interesting to hear the clubs' perspective on that. We all want them to move like it's speed dating, but maybe the clubs want time to discuss and negotiate deals, and there are domino effects when one trade is dependent on another.
i still think we should of tried to split pick 5 into 2 picks, then give GC our 1st pick and some steak knives.
This was the kind of result I was hoping for, but again, I guess you have to have a willing trade partner and also take the risk of GCS digging their heels in over the value of the steak knives.

Someone should really call him out. How is the pressure and what he has been advised any different to, for example, taranto, JHF, bowes, jackson.
Why is this indigenous man not able to make his own decisions about what is best for him and his career without it being called into question? I seem to recall similar things in the media recently, hypocrisy much?

Our Club should get on the front foot for a change. A single well worded statement early on the peice could have made a bit of difference to how this trade has gone down.

Our Club should get on the front foot for a change. A single well worded statement early on the peice could have made a bit of difference to how this trade has gone down.
Yes because it worked out so well for us the last time we jumped the gun and made a big declaration about a player who wanted to join us.

GWS dudded again by Go Home factor.

That club will never rise above low level finals again, even when they were a top team they couldn't retain players due to the pull of big Vic clubs.
At least they keep managing to keep the ball rolling. Their draft hand is continuously enviable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back