Traded Jack Higgins [Traded to St Kilda with #21 and a Future 4th Round Pick for #17 and a Future 2nd Round Pick]

Who won this trade?

• Richmond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PrinceCharles seems to inhale too much of his name sake... Perhaps lost his spot to brain loss.
See the source image

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wouldn't be untouchable, so if a favourable offer came for the club and Higgins was open to a trade, it wouldn't be out of the question.

I know he's a much loved player and character around the club though, I think he's just slowly finding his feet after the brain surgery. With another preseason he's likely to be very much in the frame for selection.

My only query on him is he's in between a midfielder and a forward at this stage, and at his height we have a lot of shorter players in those sorts of positions and so maybe he is surplus to requirements,

He wouldn't be untouchable, so if a favourable offer came for the club and Higgins was open to a trade, it wouldn't be out of the question.

I know he's a much loved player and character around the club though, I think he's just slowly finding his feet after the brain surgery. With another preseason he's likely to be very much in the frame for selection.

My only query on him is he's in between a midfielder and a forward at this stage, and at his height we have a lot of shorter players in those sorts of positions and so maybe he is surplus to requirements,

I wouldnt be wanting to trade him based on this year and need to remember he had major brain surgery and was not even expected to be playing in 2020, With literally zero pre season he has still managed to play 10 games in a covid year with no reserves. He played in a scrimmage game 2 weeks ago kicking 4 goals in a half prior to injuring his calf and was ruled out for that weeks game.

Jack Higgins is more a midfielder than a small foward and doubt his height makes much difference being 177cm
Shai Bolton 175 dion prestia175cm and the man thats looking like winning the brownlow this year Lachie Neale being the exact same height 177cm
2021 you will find the kid will take a big step foward

Realistically what would it take to get a deal done?

Would definitely love him at the HFC and with him stuck behind several others for selection surely Richmond couldn't/wouldn't be asking for a kings ransom.

One of the few very reasonable clubs to deal with and given everything that he's been through, if he were to request a trade I'm sure it'd be happily facilitated.

Know we've shown previous interest and being a local kid with a good personality that can also play, I'm hoping we're asking the question with his management.

I wouldnt be wanting to trade him based on this year and need to remember he had major brain surgery and was not even expected to be playing in 2020, With literally zero pre season he has still managed to play 10 games in a covid year with no reserves. He played in a scrimmage game 2 weeks ago kicking 4 goals in a half prior to injuring his calf and was ruled out for that weeks game.

Jack Higgins is more a midfielder than a small foward and doubt his height makes much difference being 177cm
Shai Bolton 175 dion prestia175cm and the man thats looking like winning the brownlow this year Lachie Neale being the exact same height 177cm
2021 you will find the kid will take a big step foward
His height doesn't matter as one player, but when you look at the side as a hole, having multiple short players is exploitable so we need to be conscious of that for team balance.

Baker, Prestia, Edwards, Bolton, Castagna, Higgins, Rioli. Shorter heights usually correlate to less weight and there's only so many you can fit in before you risk being too undersized as a team and can then be at risk in the contested side of the game where size matters.

I like him and would be happy for him to stay and think he will. I just wouldn't call him untouchable if a good offer came up and Higgins was open to it.

He's getting pushed out by Richmond for a reason.

He's a slow, small half forward with no midfield potential. They are a dime a dozen around the league.

He doesn't suit their run and gun game plan reliant on leg speed and he's been dining out in the best side in the league since he was drafted.

Buyer beware imo.

The Saints interest is baffling considering they at least already have a slightly better goal kicking version in Lonie.

Last edited:
He's getting pushed out by Richmond for a reason.

He's a slow, small half forward with no midfield potential. They are a dime a dozen around the league.

He doesn't suit their run and gun game plan reliant on leg speed and he's been dining out in the best side in the league since he was drafted.

Buyer beware imo.

The Saints interest is baffling considering they at least already have a slightly better goal kicking version in Lonie.
Lonie doesn't kick many goals which is why he has struggled to hold his spot

Lonie doesn't kick many goals which is why he has struggled to hold his spot

That's my point.

Yet, he still kicks 25% more goals than Higgins across their careers.

Health being well, he fits into a hole at Carlton.

If the interest for the move was there and if Carlton did split that pick #7......one late first goes for Saad and the other for Higgins.
I wouldn’t be against this if he wanted to leave. But my preference would be for him to stay.

Some on this thread are judging him quite harshly. He had brain surgery not long ago. There’s substantial improvement in him from what he has put out over the last 12 months.

Back