Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick] - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

They said that he could have played last week but were just being cautious, now he misses a second week, again just being cautious.

hqdefault.jpg

Lol. Yeah knowing he's fine and training well is soooo much worse. :rolleyes:

These posters have seen him participating in full training. Including plenty of lateral movements and physical contact from bumps and tackles.

Wet weather makes the playing surface far more slippery which would dramatically increase the chance of someone sliding into his legs. As well as the chance that he loses traction while changing direction which could result in an unusual movement or level of force through the knee. And anyway I said it was probably the reason they're playing it safe, not that it is the reason.

So, not playing because it's going to be wet. Seems legit, bit of a problem he's now living in Melbourne though. I predict he's going to miss many more games because it may be 'wet'

So, not playing because it's going to be wet. Seems legit, bit of a problem he's now living in Melbourne though. I predict he's going to miss many more games because it may be 'wet'
The wet weather reasoning was just a theory by me. It was not from the club. And even if it were, just because they're being overly cautious now doesn't mean they will need to continue to be for the rest of his career. It's early days.

The wet weather reasoning was just a theory by me. It was not from the club. And even if it were, just because they're being overly cautious now doesn't mean they will need to continue to be for the rest of his career. It's early days.

Yes, it's definitely a concern to be having knee issues so early in the season

The question you need to ask is what would O'Meara be worth right now. Hard to say but if the Hawks put him up for trade they won't be getting their pick 1 back that's for sure. And they paid a bit more than that. I would be hesitant giving up a second round pick right now.

He will retire in his twenties.

Someone was always going to make out like bandits in the trade. If he makes a full recovery and career then Hawks took the bank vault at gunpoint. If the first 5 weeks are any indication of the longer term then GCS have killed the trade.

30:15 GCS at this point but a lot of time left to play out!

Enjoy it while you can....Looking forward to all the melts come F/A time.....It'll be hilarious.
it will be hilarious seeing all the melts from Hawthorn fans when it dawns on them that FAs want success and will avoid Hawthorne like the plague

Why? Some of our posters have been to training and there was absolutely nothing to suggest he couldn't play this week. Hawks probably saw the wet forecast and are just playing it safe.
the wet forecast?

Hahahaha holy crap, how does the wet stop someone with knee bruising from playing?? :D :D :D

it will be hilarious seeing all the melts from Hawthorn fans when it dawns on them that FAs want success and will avoid Hawthorne like the plague

Oh, hey Mr Uppercut....Was wondering how long it'd take till you jumped on board.....Wonder no more.

I'm sure Mr Do-sorrow will work wonders in attracting all the big name recruits over to the clean-skinned Bombers.....Certainly has his work cut out for him in putting a stop to all the get-me-outta here defectors.

Oh, hey Mr Uppercut....Was wondering how long it'd take till you jumped on board.....Wonder no more.

I'm sure Mr Do-sorrow will work wonders in attracting all the big name recruits over to the clean-skinned Bombers.....Certainly has his work cut out for him in putting a stop to all the get-me-outta here defectors.
Do-sorrow.

Wow, that's... that's terrible.

Who are the defectors out of interest? All the players who've left over the saga you mean? The exodus?

OOPS....If only you'd have waited just one more week.

All those hopeless kids of ours & empty cupboards n all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha!! One game wonders!

The next 2 years will just be about finding some kids who can play at the level....Not overly concerned with results for this year & if O'Meara needs another year to get his knee right then so be it....His signing was always about the long-term.

The next 2 years will just be about finding some kids who can play at the level....Not overly concerned with results for this year & if O'Meara needs another year to get his knee right then so be it....His signing was always about the long-term.
Stop with the facts P35!
Don't you know we signed JOM cause we think we can win the flag this year! o_O
It's why we also traded out Mitchell and Lewis - no eye on the future at all down at Hawthorn :rolleyes:

Hawthorn's list managers have gone from Champagne to s**t pretty quickly.
First off Garrett, then getting in O'rorke, then shafting Lewis and Mitchell. Followed up with getting the spud Vickery and Henderson as FAs.
Tom Mitchell was a good move, however overpaying for JOM might not be as good. Set to lose Shaun, Gibson and Hodge in the next year they really need draft picks, which they don't have.

How long do we leave this before we call it a complete and utter failure?

Has played 4 of 6 games.

In his first few weeks, he got his hands on the ball, but did nothing with it.

In the game today (currently late in the third) he has eight touches and effectively zero impact on the game.

When you consider the lowly position Hawthorn will occupy this year, and the fact that the trade/s that got them to Jaegar involved handing their first round pick to the team currently handing them their arses, surely we can now start looking at this as one of the single worst list management blunders in recent, hell even not so recent, history.

The attempted justification for this debacle is embarrassing. I wanted Jaeger but we've clearly dodged a massive bullet.

This will be Hawthorn's crazy vossy moment. 8 years later and they still haven't gotten out of the mess. Dark decade ahead for Jaeger and the Hawks.

How long do we leave this before we call it a complete and utter failure?

Has played 4 of 6 games.

In his first few weeks, he got his hands on the ball, but did nothing with it.

In the game today (currently late in the third) he has eight touches and effectively zero impact on the game.

When you consider the lowly position Hawthorn will occupy this year, and the fact that the trade/s that got them to Jaegar involved handing their first round pick to the team currently handing them their arses, surely we can now start looking at this as one of the single worst list management blunders in recent, hell even not so recent, history.
and Stanton got dropped after a year off. * off this is a 10 year decision for this trade, not a 4 game decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back