Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick] - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

and Stanton got dropped after a year off. **** off this is a 10 year decision for this trade, not a 4 game decision.

Yeah man dropping a soon to be 31 year old so he doesn't have to back up from a five day break means he was a horrible recruit for us.

And don't kid yourself - Jaegar won't play for ten years.

How long do we leave this before we call it a complete and utter failure?

Has played 4 of 6 games.

In his first few weeks, he got his hands on the ball, but did nothing with it.

In the game today (currently late in the third) he has eight touches and effectively zero impact on the game.

When you consider the lowly position Hawthorn will occupy this year, and the fact that the trade/s that got them to Jaegar involved handing their first round pick to the team currently handing them their arses, surely we can now start looking at this as one of the single worst list management blunders in recent, hell even not so recent, history.
So we are calling trades busts after 6 games now?

Nice trollin bro

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

So we are calling trades busts after 6 games now?

Nice trollin bro

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Actually I think you can call trades bust before a single game is played.

Too many people not willing to call the very obvious for fear of being wrong.

Hawthorn have committed what is quite probably the worst list management move in 20 or more years.

Actually I think you can call trades bust before a single game is played.

Too many people not willing to call the very obvious for fear of being wrong.

Hawthorn have committed what is quite probably the worst list management move in 20 or more years.
Did we draft Gumbleton with pick #2?

Did we draft Gumbleton with pick #2?

You did not.

We did.

Talented player, completely wrecked by injury - such a shame.

But go on, tell me how that was as bad as recruiting the below average player you had running around today.

You did not.

We did.

Talented player, completely wrecked by injury - such a shame.

But go on, tell me how that was as bad as recruiting the below average player you had running around today.
Are you trying to say that Gumbleton has more talent than O'Meara?

Are you trying to say that Gumbleton has more talent than O'Meara?

I'm saying that the cost/talent ratio looks far better for Essendon than it currently does for Hawthorn.

Gumbleton cost Essendon pick 2.

What did O'Meara cost again?

Even if it ends up costing pick 1 and a bit it's still a better deal than Gumbleton.

Ya reckon?

Gumbleton could play - was just destroyed by injury.

And cost us ONE first round pick.

O'Meara is currently the anchor likely to completely wreck Hawthorn for a decade.

Even if it ends up costing pick 1 and a bit it's still a better deal than Gumbleton.
But you're really comparing chalk and cheese there since Gumbleton wasn't injured before we drafted him.

Anything that helps you guys sleep at night, I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One draft doesn't make or break a clubs success, for a person that spends the majority of his time as a troll on this site you do a pretty poor job of it.
yep, but 2 could do some permanent damage. Coming in at 88 in 2016 & mid/late 30s this year is going to test the depth in kids.

JOM was too expensive. Once GCS dig the feet in, hawks should have cooled and put them under pressure.
Pick 14 for Mitchell was good business.

Ya reckon?

Gumbleton could play - was just destroyed by injury.

And cost us ONE first round pick.

O'Meara is currently the anchor likely to completely wreck Hawthorn for a decade.
LOL there's so much ammunition with which to troll us and here you are floundering about trying to justify Gumbleton as a better pick than a player who can actually even get on the park regardless of output. Lift ya game, you're performing worse than the Hawks.

No fault on JOM here. He's doing about as well as you could expect. While most thought hawks would drop abit and be battling for the 8, and hindsight is key here, they aren't at that stage this year and the rebuild has come much quicker than they expected. I reckon they thought they'd be at that stage and still in a good position to attract FA's to bolster the team. They aren't, hence this being a horrible trade.

How can you compare drafting Gumbleton with the trading in of O'Meara? One was fit and healthy when he was picked up, the other was taken with the knowledge he'd just had a very rare, very serious knee injury - AND for an assortment of draft picks which will compromise the Hawks position now and into the future. Sure, the Hawks didn't anticipate their horrendous run, but they took a massive risk and it looks like it might backfire on so many fronts.

Nobody wants to see Jaeger injured or spending long precautionary stints out but he's really struggling. He was supposed to be part of the regeneration of Hawthorn, but he might not even get back to his 2014 form. Pretty precarious situation for Hawthorn at the moment.

Oh sunshine... no it isn't.

On what basis can you possibly claim that?

At 18yo we claimed the best key position prospect in the land with a first round pick.

Tell me what you did with JOM?

One draft doesn't make or break a clubs success, for a person that spends the majority of his time as a troll on this site you do a pretty poor job of it.

Was it ONE draft?

And a troll?

My friend, that you lack the ability to give me a proper cuddle, does not make me a troll.

LOL there's so much ammunition with which to troll us and here you are floundering about trying to justify Gumbleton as a better pick than a player who can actually even get on the park regardless of output. Lift ya game, you're performing worse than the Hawks.

Of course there's a s**t load of ammunition.

I ask you, who mentioned Gumbleton?

Can't they leave the poor guy alone, more morons on this thread then anywhere else

Who's the poor guy?

You are paying north of 700k for O'Meara - he's not poor.

What he is however, is a player not performing, and with very real concerns over his ability to play at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back