Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

I get that however he obviously wants to play in Victoria. From all reports is a future leader.
It would be interesting if he became captain of a club and his new pick star from SA wanted to leave after 1 year.
"Yep, go for it - make the most of it"

We have intercept markers, Lever is a luxury not a necessity. The club should not pay pick 6 plus extras for a luxury. He won't push us up the ladder.
And if he allows Howe to play forward? Which other intercepting defenders do you have?

Why would the crows want 10 and 27? Points add up to pick 4-5 so get that sorted Can't replace Lever with two blokes on the field!
It's a pretty good deal for the Crows and they'll take it after a bit of to and fro-ing and you know it. This is a guy that doesn't want to be at your club.

Last edited:
And if he allows Howe to play forward? Which other intercepting defenders do you have?

There is a reason Bucks doesn't play Howe as a forward beyond having no other intercept defenders...... he's next to useless.

He needs a clear run at the ball, which as a defender he gets because the other defenders clear his path. As a forward, he doesn't have that luxury, and doesn't have the nous to be effective once the ball hits the deck.

Unless maybe Lever could play forward?

We have intercept markers, Lever is a luxury not a necessity. The club should not pay pick 6 plus extras for a luxury. He won't push us up the ladder.

No I agree. It would be like us trading for Matthew Kreuzer. Can't deny he's a gun ruck but we already have one.

Langdon, Scharenberg. Reid, if played in defence.

Having said that I wouldn't want Howe playing forward. He's a mediocre forward and an elite intercepting defender. We'd be much better served recruiting a genuine forward than a defender who plays a position we already have surplus for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the difference in salary offer is as extreme as some are suggesting, do the Crows really have any leg to stand on in terms of demanding 2 x moderate to late 1st rounders or a very big 1st rounder?
An analogy of sorts. If I have a Ferrari and don't really want to spend the cash needed on maintaining it to the highest level anymore and it goes on the market, the punter who wants to buy it will pay the price of a Ferrari or close to it, not the price of a Datsun 120Y

An analogy of sorts. If I have a Ferrari and don't really want to spend the cash needed on maintaining it to the highest level anymore and it goes on the market, the punter who wants to buy it will pay the price of a Ferrari or close to it, not the price of a Datsun 120Y
Cars dramatically go down in value as soon as you use it and people will much rather buy it from a dealer than you. Price won't be nearly as much as one that has just rolled out of the factory.

Analogy debunked

Not if you are refusing to pay its upkeep. The value drops significantly.

They would be saying he has enormous value while at the same time massively undervaluing him.

Mind you, there may well be a few clubs willing to throw top picks at him. Particularly ones who have had zero success to date...

If the difference in salary offer is as extreme as some are suggesting, do the Crows really have any leg to stand on in terms of demanding 2 x moderate to late 1st rounders or a very big 1st rounder?

Reading between the lines, the Crows have a leg in the form of the Saints who after not getting Kelly would pull the trigger on Lever with one of their picks you'd think. Hence Melbourne want our pick 6, so Adelaide can play hard ball, and Lever could end up at the Saints.

It's never a good look to lure a player, but not get the job done at trade time, hence why the Pies had to pay full price for Treloar - he was worth it btw.

Reading between the lines, the Crows have a leg in the form of the Saints who after not getting Kelly would pull the trigger on Lever with one of their picks you'd think. Hence they want our pick 6, so they will play hard ball, and Lever could end up at the Saints.

There would be half a dozen clubs keen on Lever. But I was responding to a post claiming Lever wanted the Pies but was knocked back over the money.

That just doesnt sound likely.

Cars dramatically go down in value as soon as you use it and people will much rather buy it from a dealer than you. Price won't be nearly as much as one that has just rolled out of the factory.

Analogy debunked
but it is a 1966 Ferrari, you didn't ask the question what year it was - a true classic and those cars INCREASE in value..try again

There would be half a dozen clubs keen on Lever. But I was responding to a post claiming Lever wanted the Pies but was knocked back over the money.

That just doesnt sound likely.

My post was responding to another post of yours. Why would legendstatus have to provide 'evidence', so someone loses their job/friendship/partner etc. Ok, my source is James Blog who is a recruiter at Collingwood, sorry James, but you will get your third and final wanring for spreading our intel, but it was worth it for me getting the likes up on bigfooty. :thumbsu:

Take it or leave it, it makes a lot of sense to me.

My post was responding to another post of yours. Why would legendstatus have to provide 'evidence', so someone loses their job/friendship/partner etc. Ok, my source is James Blog who is a recruiter at Collingwood, sorry James, but you will get your third and final wanring for spreading our intel, but it was worth it for me getting the likes up on bigfooty. :thumbsu:

Take it or leave it, it makes a lot of sense to me.

It makes zero sense to me that he would approach Collingwood and then Collingwood knock him back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back