Traded Jake Stringer [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

At least one of the most public.

I'm not a big fan of players nominating a club. I understand they have to sign too, but the majority of the Melbourne teams (minus St Kilda, Hawthorn and Essendon) train close to the city. You want to stay in Vic? That's fine. But you go to the club that offers the best for the dogs.

As that is not the commercial reality, I say Stringer to Dons for 2nd round or PSD :D
Agreed, it's strange that everything is unfolding in the public eye. Really doesn't help the dogs cause & makes it very difficult to back track if they can't get the trade they want.

The difference with Lever is Adelaide are not playing it out negatively in the Media, so his trade value is still high.
I don't think list managers care too much about what is said in the media, especially given how many piss-poor journos cover AFL football. They'll do their own due diligence and in the next few weeks one of the more obvious suiters may just rule themselves out if they're not happy with the face to face meetings. IIRC that was the Dusty scenario from a few years ago.

Most of those meetings will entail, can he play midfield.
Stringer has publically said all along he wants to play more midfield but he just doesn't have the tank to do more than bursts there at this stage. Shame as he'd be a dominant midfielder if he ever developed a tank.

I'd say Richmond, Carlton and Collingwood would be happy with a forty goal a year fwd
Collingwood have ruled themselves out

Wow just read 6 pages..

Facts are...
1.Jake has been told we believe in him but he must change things in his training habits..or we will be forced into putting him up for trade.

2.Jake rang his Manager who contacted the club then met.

3.Connors is a Grub but looks after his clients and has told the club his client is not happy...

4.All Parties met with Jake telling the club he wont change and believes his doing his best....

5.Bulldogs meet including President and decide club is bigger than the player and if a trade value is met he is to be traded if not will stay.

6.Connors is called in and explained position -and told club to get .......

7.Jake is Dragged in front of media stressed and nervous....

This is what a great Club would do-pull no punches one in all inn scenario.

Now everyone relax Bulldogs want a pick top 10 or he stays makes no diff -Jake needs to Grow up and take criticism its apart of growing as a person..
So lets hope Connors can extend this to him..

Clubs contacted the dogs so far are...
Melb
Geelong
St Kilda
Ess
GW
NM
Haw

By start of trade period all clubs will ask because his a match winner and every Coauch would like to be the one you turned him around..both Bev and club no this..

Bring on the freenzy his the only big fish out there with 17 rods in the water...

Collingwood have ruled themselves out

Have they?

Makes sense Stringer of this year would be the antithesis of everything for which Buckley stands (discipline, hard work, etc).

Have they?

Makes sense Stringer of this year would be the antithesis of everything for which Buckley stands (discipline, hard work, etc).
Not a midfielder.

Have they?

Last thing Collingwood needs is a medium forward.

Wow just read 6 pages..

Facts are...
1.Jake has been told we believe in him but he must change things in his training habits..or we will be forced into putting him up for trade.

3.Connors is a Grub but looks after his clients and has told the club his client is not happy...

4.All Parties met with Jake telling the club he wont change and believes his doing his best....

5.Bulldogs meet including President and decide club is bigger than the player and if a trade value is met he is to be traded if not will stay.

Now everyone relax Bulldogs want a pick top 10 or he stays makes no diff -Jake needs to Grow up and take criticism its apart of growing as a person..

Melb
Geelong
St Kilda
Ess
GW
NM
Haw

By start of trade period all clubs will ask because his a match winner and every Coauch would like to be the one you turned him around..both Bev and club no this..

Bring on the freenzy his the only big fish out there with 17 rods in the water...

It's like.... people don't read or something?

2 factors for Stringer (in no order):

1) Place he would be happiest playing football
2) Most money

Choose one club out of the list that suits both these needs the most, nominate.

Gets traded to nominated club.

There is no such thing as a bidding war of picks/players to satisfy the Dogs.

Last thing Collingwood needs is a medium forward.
No, that would be a slow inside midfielder. However you just know what's going to happen with Hine

Stringer has publically said all along he wants to play more midfield but he just doesn't have the tank to do more than bursts there at this stage. Shame as he'd be a dominant midfielder if he ever developed a tank.
If he did have that tank to go into the midfield, you would get that top 10 pick with change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like.... people don't read or something?

2 factors for Stringer (in no order):

1) Place he would be happiest playing football
2) Most money

Choose one club out of the list that suits both these needs the most, nominate.

Gets traded to nominated club.

There is no such thing as a bidding war of picks/players to satisfy the Dogs.

Simplistic. You still don't get it m8.

If you don't think player managers take into account whether a club has the will and assets to do a deal then....well then you'd be just like a sad version of Dodoro sitting alone in the corner and wondering why virtually no one has picked you for the last 14 years.

yeah and now North are second last and cannot even lure players when throwing 10 million at them.

No one gives a s**t about your prelims mate. Unless you win the flag.

2nd last? 2 + 2 = 2!!

You may not have been alive with your last finals win but trust me it is awesome. I took my kid to their 1st final in 2014 and they got to witness us storm home from 33 points down in the third - incredible night!! Then the following year we were 2 of over 90,000 to witness another great finals win. Win a final and then tell us if it means anything. You maybe waiting a while - but be patient - its fantastic.

As for luring players - how is destination ess going?

2nd last? 2 + 2 = 2!!

You may not have been alive with your last finals win but trust me it is awesome. I took my kid to their 1st final in 2014 and they got to witness us storm home from 33 points down in the third - incredible night!! Then the following year we were 2 of over 90,000 to witness another great finals win. Win a final and then tell us if it means anything. You maybe waiting a while - but be patient - its fantastic.

By all means pump up your finals history, but maybe hold back on having a dig at other teams being unable to secure talent.

He has looked amazing the few times he has burst from the middle and kicked a long goal. If any team gets him fit enough to play in the midfield then he will be worth his weight in gold.

Wow just read 6 pages..

Facts are...

Melb
Geelong
St Kilda
Ess
GW
NM
Haw

I would give you pick 4 for him. He is worth pick 4 - ignore the other crap about being kicked out.

He is better than Carlisle.

I would give you pick 4 for him. He is worth pick 4 - ignore the other crap about being kicked out.

Rumour is we are meeting Stringer today, probably a due diligence type of meeting like Essendon did.

Its funny how people forget..
So hope he goes to North as playing alongside Brown he would be a star...I love Stringer but can see clubs views but hope he wakes up and kicks 60 a year for North..

Rumour is we are meeting Stringer today, probably a due diligence type of meeting like Essendon did.
He lives in Docklands so you're probably they closest club to him. Given the Hrovat trade & Higgins FA signing we tend to deal pretty fairly with each other.

Bulldogs will ask North for there first next year... watch then North either back themselves in or pull away..

Next years top 3 picks are gold.......

2nd last? 2 + 2 = 2!!

someone who lingers on finals wins is obviously someone who supports a s**t club. As afar as I am concerned if you didn't win the flag you finishes the same position as everyone else.

destination essendon is looking a lot brighter than arden st at least to the point where people still actually want to come to us.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back