Traded Jed Anderson [traded w/ picks 38 and 40 to NM for picks 15 and 54]

Remove this Banner Ad

He did have 9 in the second half and did some nice things but no doubt he had a shocker in the first and was rightfully omitted. Still holding on to hope that he makes it but he's such a confidence player and that looks to be well down at the moment.

What did the roos see in him? Serious question.

I recall some people thinking it seemed a bit odd and definitely overs at the time...a first rounder for a guy not even in Hawthorn's senior team.
We get boners for guys like him because we cant get anyone else.

Last edited:
I think Jed hurting his back at Box Hill a few years ago (crashing to ground after trying to take a speccy) has really held him back.

Causing lower back related Hammie issues, leading to problems with fitness/form continuity (he needs the miles, I think he's naturally only has a small tank), all that would now be dragging on his confidence.

Hope he can get his fitness right, and build on his confidence and form from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll admit I haven't seen much of Jed at North but I was never that expecting of him at Hawthorn. Was always hyped up a lot on our board and had great aggression and attack of the ball but always had lots of injuries and went missing for too big of periods

Will the Hawks ever tire of bending Norf over?

Snaring pick 15 and getting an absolute Gun in R.Burton while off loading a pretty good VFL player was Jon Hay like.

God bless Norf.

We really need to change out Constitution when it comes to trading with Hawks.

It should read like this,

NEVER AGAIN.

We really need to change out Constitution when it comes to trading with Hawks.

It should read like this,

NEVER AGAIN.

You took Nathan Thompson and gave us draft picks that turned into Chris Egan (Collingwood) and Matthew Little (one AFL game at Hawthorn).

We have been trying to square the ledger ever since.

You took Nathan Thompson and gave us draft picks that turned into Chris Egan (Collingwood) and Matthew Little (one AFL game at Hawthorn).

We have been trying to square the ledger ever since.
Which you ended up turning into Jordan Lewis.

Finally got his body right and playing some goid footy. A big reason we can now send JZ forward.

A game high 9 tackles today against his old side. Not looking like the terrible trade some predicted. Especially with Burton’s form in 2018.

Last edited:
Finally got his body right and playing some goid footy. A big reason we can now send JZ forward.

A game high 9 tackles today against his ils side. Not looking like the terrible trade some predicted. Especially with Burton’s form in 2018.
Good to see him getting a good run of it for a change. Looks to have put on some significant muscle mass too which should help his bash n crash style.

Finally has some continuity with his body and also being played in his natural position, as an inside mid. Great start to the season for Jed in what was looking like a terribly lop-sided trade just a couple months ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back