Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

As an Essendon fan I would have taken 5 and 9.

I also would have taken 9 and a future first.

I am not unhappy with the result however as I think the risk of Joe breaking or flying the coup is worth the reward of him returning to 2017 form and then recommitting to the club.

future 1st would have been a risk we don't know if Swans would finish bottom 5

This is hilarious. I checked. YOU were one of those posters claiming he was on 650k.

Amazing. LOL

I was wrong? Pretty sure I said this agggges ago.

I was referencing an article that said 2 million. Since then a few have clarified that it was likely more than that, at least reported.

I’d be comfortable saying its more now but obviously don’t know the exact figure.

It’s understandable from the Swans side. But Essendon are risking a huge amount with this non-deal. As usual the collateral damage will only involve the culture of the club, the morale of the playing group, the and their ability to negotiate in good faith with other clubs in future.
Good faith? Essendon said they want a player of a certain level from day 1 and that is what it would take to get to the table. Essendon did not deviate from this and Sydney knew this. How can you imply that they have operated in an unscrupulous manner? The premise of good faith is to operate in a honesty when dealing with another party, and it would appear that they were honest in their request of a player.

So Harley says 5 was on the table, Dodo says it wasn't.

Who is lying?
My read is that the pick 5 discussion was all hypothetical ‘what if we offered pick 5’ without actually offering it. And then it really just became a mute point because Essendon were insisting on a player.

I was wrong? Pretty sure I said this agggges ago.

I was referencing an article that said 2 million. Since then a few have clarified that it was likely more than that, at least reported.

I’d be comfortable saying its more now but obviously don’t know the exact figure.

LOL

Did Daniher's contract somehow change between last month and now? or did the real details come out?

Link the "few who have clarified", let's see it.

Yes. Quite obvious you don't know the figure. At all.

Thanks for the laugh! Needed it this morning!

LOL

Did Daniher's contract somehow change between last month and now?

Link the "few who have clarified", let's see it.

Yes. Quite obvious you don't know the figure. At all.

Thanks for the laugh! Needed it this morning!

Lol settle down

So angry

People are allowed to be wrong mate.

Lol settle down

So angry

People are allowed to be wrong mate.

Not sure why I'm apologising, but sorry that you somehow misinterpreted my "LOL" and "thanks for the laugh, i needed it" as "anger".

Because there is a record number of academy and NGA picks.

I think the number so far is 17.
you don't remember the establishment of 2 expansion sides about 9 years back? 2 drafts that had the majority of the first round picks and more that went directly to the expansion teams?

Fairly long bow to draw to say they were less compromised than next year wouldn't you think?

My read is that the pick 5 discussion was all hypothetical ‘what if we offered pick 5’ without actually offering it. And then it really just became a mute point because Essendon were insisting on a player.
Yep that’s my read too. Essendon let it be known that 5 + 9 wouldn’t cut it, so the Swans didn’t bother offering it.

Yep that’s my read too. Essendon let it be known that 5 + 9 wouldn’t cut it, so the Swans didn’t bother offering it.

At first this was my read. Then it came out that the final offer was 9+ 2020 1st which is worse than 5 and 9.

So my conclusion is that Essendon let Sydney know a deal revolving around 5 or 9 would not get it done.

Who knows what Dodoro would have done if 5 and 9 was offered

you don't remember the establishment of 2 expansion sides about 9 years back? 2 drafts that had the majority of the first round picks and more that went directly to the expansion teams?

Fairly long bow to draw to say they were less compromised than next year wouldn't you think?

You might have to take it up with Cal Twomey.

“The thing to remember as well is that it looks like being the most compromised draft pool in draft history".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At first this was my read. Then it came out that the final offer was 9+ 2020 1st which is worse than 5 and 9.

So my conclusion is that Essendon let Sydney know a deal revolving around 5 or 9 would not get it done.

Who knows what Dodoro would have done if 5 and 9 was offered
Yep you may be right, mate. It does seem that Essendon basically wanted a player as part of the deal and the Swans didn’t want to go down that route. Whatever, as ever with so many of the potential deals discussed between clubs, it’s unlikely that any of us will know what exactly was discussed over the last few weeks - but it’s interesting to speculate ;-)

Yep you may be right, mate. It does seem that Essendon basically wanted a player as part of the deal and the Swans didn’t want to go down that route. Whatever, as ever with so many of the potential deals discussed between clubs, it’s unlikely that any of us will know what exactly was discussed over the last few weeks - but it’s interesting to speculate ;-)
Yep, that’s what got lost in the media hyperbole around what picks may, or may not, have been used by Sydney. Facts are Essendon wanted a quality player, Sydney did not want to give one and therefore picks became irrelevant and deal off. End of story.

That’s fair enough.

It’ll all come out in the wash. If Sydney has a tough year next year it might have worked out as pick 9 and say pick 5 or 6. If Daniher fires you’d cop it but if he doesn’t it’s leaving a lot on the table.
Last time they had 5 and 6 it didn't go so well. They should have taken dunkley at 5 and Dawson at 6.

It sank in rapidly today just how good this worked out.
Luvvin the idea of Pick 5 going into live trading in a decent draft. Pretty sure picks can be traded all the way to the draft.
AND, we still have Paps.
AND, we still don't need Joe.
Happy Days

Egg on face of Sydney on so many fronts it’s almost laughable.

Edit.

It is laughable that you groomed a guy and couldn’t get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laughable you can’t get a player with strong family links to your club to stay and sign a contract

Put up or shut up. Sydney eventually did the latter.
They'll try again next year. Its the only way the lowballing swindlers can get him.
Hope JD saw through them.

They'll try again next year. Its the only way the lowballing swindlers can get him.

yeah we lowball players and people at the trade table.....right

Laughable you can’t get a player with strong family links to your club to stay and sign a contract
Laughable that Sydney is now 0 from 2 attempts at getting Joe to the club. Odds are 2020 will end up the same as 2019 and 2012.

Two first round draft picks for a very good player who has only played 11 games in the last two seasons due to persistent and potentially ongoing injury problems and is an out of contract free agent next year isn't lowballing.

Laughable that Sydney is now 0 from 2 attempts at getting Joe to the club. Odds are 2020 will end up the same as 2019 and 2012.

The AFLPA might get involved and be anti essendon.

If they bombers dont let Joe leave to his state of choice again next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back