Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Sun said:
CLARK ON OUTER AT CATS

Young Cat Jordan Clark has fallen out-of-favour in his second season at the club despite Geelong’s need for speed.

The Western Australian dazzled in his first season at the Cattery, playing 18 games in a rebounding defensive role to finish equal fifth in the Rising Star award.

But Clark has played only three matches in a follow-up season amid suggestions he was being continually left out because he needed to tighten up his defensive skills.

The 19-year-old averaged 13 disposals in his three games this year including seven contested possessions in total.

But he can add some line breaking run and is rated for his ability to read the play and cleanness at ground level.

The Cats have an ageing backline and outside of Patrick Dangerfield and Gary Rohan are light on for high-end leg speed, especially in the back half.

Clark is contracted for next season after signing a two-year deal and will have big plans to re-establish his position in the senior side in 2021.

He could slot in for Irishman Zach Tuohy, 30, who is out of contract at season’s end.

Tuohy has played 16 games and averaged 17 disposals a game this year.

1602060080118.png

Wouldn't come cheaply you'd imagine...

Last edited:

Caleb Serong or Hayden Young straight swap.
Hol' up, thought Dodoro was at Essendon?

In all seriousness, given it sounds like Narkle, Cockatoo and Constable might be moving as well, getting out Clarke who is contracted for 2 years would likely be too expensive for us to do

In all seriousness, given it sounds like Narkle, Cockatoo and Constable might be moving as well, getting out Clarke who is contracted for 2 years would likely be too expensive for us to do

PMSL. who said they were leaving?? Snitch Leary or Sam manure?? Or was it Damo D'Rabbit??

PMSL. who said they were leaving?? Snitch Leary or Sam manure?? Or was it Damo D'Rabbit??
While you might not like it, they actually get more right than they get wrong, and I said MIGHT be leaving. Given your draft hand, list space and the fact you are chasing a few names, you're best off losing a couple of them and refreshing through a couple of 1op 10 picks anyway

While you might not like it, they actually get more right than they get wrong, and I said MIGHT be leaving. Given your draft hand, list space and the fact you are chasing a few names, you're best off losing a couple of them and refreshing through a couple of 1op 10 picks anyway

They throw a net out into the sea and catch a few fish but thats about it.
They are just w***ers TBH trying to be an important cog of the AFL empire.
Been watching too much of ESPN i reckon.

I think a lot of the media on players the cats are into is bogus but there may be a few wanting out anyway. Clark wouldn't be one of them you'd think and the cats would be silly to let him go.

There is zero chance Clark is leaving Geelong.

Correct. Revisit in 12 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where positions can Clark play?

I have seen that he should play hbf only. Why is that?

Wing or half back.

He is naturally a good intercept mark and provides run and carry off the half back line.

One on one defending is poor hence they have been playing him on the wing instead.

Since our backline is full of crabs a lot of us would prefer to see him play off half back to improve our ball movement.

The defensive side of the game is something that can be developed with experience.

Back