Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong's issue with him might be in the condition he presented in when he returned to the club. If they have him signed to a big money deal and question his professionalism then I can see that as a valid reason to move him on rather than paying him to watch each week.

That will mean that he isn't going to be a high cost trade.

It will all depend on whether he is a required best twenty two player next year and if Geelong can find better use for the money locked up in his contract.

He will be on more money next year because he is currently a second year player. Highly doubt the money is an issue here, the point about professionalism I have not heard before though Taylor Taylor. A third year player at Geelong would not be expected to be best 22.

The contract he agreed to ends in 2022, so why would they look at options next year if the contract is the be all end all?
Who said they're looking at options? This is just a standard story where they find a second year player rated highly not playing seniors and make a news story out of. Interrupted season does not mean a player wants away

Geelong's issue with him might be in the condition he presented in when he returned to the club. If they have him signed to a big money deal and question his professionalism then I can see that as a valid reason to move him on rather than paying him to watch each week.

That will mean that he isn't going to be a high cost trade.

It will all depend on whether he is a required best twenty two player next year and if Geelong can find better use for the money locked up in his contract.
While that seems logical is a long bow to draw. He's 19 living in unprecedented times

He will be on more money next year because he is currently a second year player. Highly doubt the money is an issue here, the point about professionalism I have not heard before though Taylor Taylor. A third year player at Geelong would not be expected to be best 22.
Ask what condition he came from covid break in.

Ask what condition he came from covid break in.

We had plenty of players over the years that come back with a Christmas belly... this year has really been tougher for some than others ... back in a normal setting next year ..he would be fine. If He wanted to go home ...the issue then is if geelong needs to trade him or if they get an offer too good to refuse

We had plenty of players over the years that come back with a Christmas belly... this year has really been tougher for some than others ... back in a normal setting next year ..he would be fine. If He wanted to go home ...the issue then is if geelong needs to trade him or if they get an offer too good to refuse
From an objective point of view I wouldn't be giving him away for any reason, there would be zero entertaining of the discussion at all..

... unless he has shown to not be worth what he appeared to be when he signed the extension and Geelong can better allocate that contract value.

From an objective point of view I wouldn't be giving him away for any reason, there would be zero entertaining of the discussion at all..

... unless he has shown to not be worth what he appeared to be when he signed the extension and Geelong can better allocate that contract value.
I dont want him gone so easy outcome... if he plays well next year .. then this talk will go away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That bow is getting extremely long now.

Must admit heard no whispers the cats want to trade him but anything can happen during exit interviews

Lol at this whole thread, take it to the bank Clark will be at Geelong next year, the end.

Geelong appear to have the luxury of a very talented group and with even more likely to come in this trade/draft...would there be salary cap issues looming?
Also, how is Clark's elbow...really? These things may have a bearing.

Surely the eagles know by now they have to not only convince the contracted player to leave but also pay overs to his club. This time he is contracted for TWO years, so you had better come up with something better than Brander or Nelson.

If he wants to leave Geelong, Freo should be all over him IMHO.

Think he stays at Geelong though (least for one more season)
Geelong have broken the myth that the Cats are reasonable in trades with Kelly last year.

Cats will want massive overs for Clark which is their right.

No point going for Clark this year with another 2 years on his contract.

Geelong have broken the myth that the Cats are reasonable in trades with Kelly last year.

Cats will want massive overs for Clark which is their right.

No point going for Clark this year with another 2 years on his contract.

We are reasonable with trades if we are not all that attached to the player. Bit different when that player is one of the best midfielders in the competition.

Back