Josh Caddy - The one that got away

Remove this Banner Ad

Caddy did manage it, with Geelong, which makes you're low talent comment even more confusing.

If you read back, you'll notice I never said anything about Caddy's talent.

Caddy at Geelong was an endless source of frustration, and I wasn't fussed about the trade.

Maybe I've been spoiled by SJ and Chapman, who played that high half forward type role so well. Richmond supporters are very happy with him, that's all that matters now. Wish him every success.

Played his role and got some cheapies, who cares.

He isn’t the type of player that has the skills and class to make it to the elite level.
This Parfitt talk is by the by, Richmond won the Caddy trade when he helped them to a premiership, beating Geelong on the way, and using up a year of Geelongs rapidly narrowing prem. window.

Make no mistake, Geelong would never have traded Caddy to Sydney/Hawks/crows, or anyone one they considered a direct flag rival end of 2016.

Richmond was 13th, perfectly safe place to offload Caddy it seemed, but boy did that bite Geelong on the ass!

One for the all time classic trades thread!

This Parfitt talk is by the by, Richmond won the Caddy trade when he helped them to a premiership, beating Geelong on the way, and using up a year of Geelongs rapidly narrowing prem. window.

Make no mistake, Geelong would never have traded Caddy to Sydney/Hawks/crows, or anyone one they considered a direct flag rival end of 2016.

Richmond was 13th, perfectly safe place to offload Caddy it seemed, but boy did that bite Geelong on the ass!

Not really though.

Jack graham isn’t ahead of anything.
Apart from average disposals per match, disposal efficiency, average goals per match, average tackles, clearances, rebound 50s, centre clearances, stoppage clearances, metres gained and intercepts.

Your boy has it over Graham in a couple of other areas though including clangers and turnovers.

In summary, Graham has so far shown to have superior disposal, get more of the ball, particularly contested, be better defensively particularly in the clinches, has more metres gained and has greater scoreboard impact than Parfitt. All from less time on the ground, but that will come.

Apart from average disposals per match, disposal efficiency, average goals per match, average tackles, clearances, rebound 50s, centre clearances, stoppage clearances, metres gained and intercepts.

Your boy has it over Graham in a couple of other areas though including clangers and turnovers.

In summary, Graham has so far shown to have superior disposal, get more of the ball, particularly contested, be better defensively particularly in the clinches, has more metres gained and has greater scoreboard impact than Parfitt. All from less time on the ground, but that will come.

and premierships

Graham is ahead on premierships do not forget.

Never has so much bandwidth been wasted on a player of merely above average footballing talent. If tiggy fans wanna look at prising away Caddy as compensation for taking Ottens off their hands then knock yourselves out.

one more premiership for Caddy, and we can call the ottens caddy trades a draw

If you read back, you'll notice I never said anything about Caddy's talent.

Caddy at Geelong was an endless source of frustration, and I wasn't fussed about the trade.

Maybe I've been spoiled by SJ and Chapman, who played that high half forward type role so well. Richmond supporters are very happy with him, that's all that matters now. Wish him every success.

so when you said that the role he plays only needs low talent what did you mean?

Caddy was not going to make a difference for a flag for us, he is just a small role player, not someone who has big impact on matches. He actually got worse as a player at Richmond by his stats. Less of the ball for sure.

Parfitt will be a much better player than caddy. Wouldn’t trade a future superstar in Parfitt for an average player like caddy.

Literally not a single poster on the Geelong board has ever expressed regret about losing caddy after we picked up Parfitt. Ever since they have seen how good Parfitt is we have all been very happy about it.

Love all the Geelong fans saying how awful Caddy was with them.

But when the idea was to swap him for Deledio, they all insisted that there had to be some serious picks going their way to make up for the loss of such an important player....

Caddy was not going to make a difference for a flag for us, he is just a small role player, not someone who has big impact on matches. He actually got worse as a player at Richmond by his stats. Less of the ball for sure.

Parfitt will be a much better player than caddy. Wouldn’t trade a future superstar in Parfitt for an average player like caddy.

Literally not a single poster on the Geelong board has ever expressed regret about losing caddy after we picked up Parfitt. Ever since they have seen how good Parfitt is we have all been very happy about it.
I understand you don't miss him, but it's hardly the point!!

The point is that by trading Caddy you completed the jigsaw for another side who then went and beat you to the flag when you are slap bang in your window.

That's the fail. A huge and costly error by the cats, but they weren't alone in seeing the Tiges as a 13th placed also-ran.

I understand you don't miss him, but it's hardly the point!!

The point is that by trading Caddy you completed the jigsaw for another side who then went and beat you to the flag when you are slap bang in your window.

That's the fail. A huge and costly error by the cats, but they weren't alone in seeing the Tiges as a 13th placed also-ran.

Mate caddy wasn’t the difference in any result. He is not the sort of player who has influences and impacts on games, he is a complimentary role player.

Very happy we got rid of him for Parfitt. Win win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caddy is an average player, and Parfitt a future superstar??? Lol, there’s some crazy there!!

Mate caddy wasn’t the difference in any result. He is not the sort of player who has influences and ipacts on games, he is a complimentary role player.

Very happy we got rid of him for Parfitt. Win win
Clubs don't just look at who they get for a trade. They look at how the player they trade out might make another club better.

Geelong had no idea Richmond would be a direct threat in 2017..oops..and Caddy was integral, I can play u the replays if you like?

I am not trying to justify letting Caddy go. I personally had not rated him, and maybe he felt that at Geelong by the MC. I don't know. Maybe he felt insecure there with Danger, Selwoods, Menegola, Duncan and even Guthrie. You think we have lack of depth in MF? Can't be serious. GAJ also can play anywhere Caddy does.
Caddy was forced out during the Trade Period in 2016 @7:40
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2017-09-15/caddy-on-tigers-teamwork
Geelong has a good midfield (you can't count GAJ as he was not there in 2016). How many of them play as well as mid / forward? I also remember Caddy had much better final series than Menegola.

Jack graham isn’t ahead of anything. Parfitt has had games of 20+ disposals including a 23 disposal match against melbourne. Graham has not had a single game over 20 touches which is way off Parfitts impact.

Wouldn’t blink go take Parfitt ahead of graham, much silkier smoother more talented player. He is a young Sam mitchel the way he goes about it, ahead of graham easily

Did you miss the Grand Final?

Great to see GC26 up to his old tricks again, great value for lols

Jack graham isn’t ahead of anything. Parfitt has had games of 20+ disposals including a 23 disposal match against melbourne. Graham has not had a single game over 20 touches which is way off Parfitts impact.

Wouldn’t blink go take Parfitt ahead of graham, much silkier smoother more talented player. He is a young Sam mitchel the way he goes about it, ahead of graham easily

Lol yeah because it’s all about disposal stats and not a kid who kicked three in a GF and murdered the opposition skipper in the second half.

Regularly has 10+ tackles and is a beast.

Parfitt isn’t helping the cats win a final qualifying final right now like Caddy did for Richmond and they have clearly traded into their window.

I also can’t cop this Menagola stuff....hack.

However this is a win/win trade.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All it shows is that Chris Scott is terrible at developing young talent, just like his brother.

Interesting extrusion - Caddy had his best season stats-wise at Geelong and Cats supporters on the whole weren't happy with him.

Richmond supporters are utensil-a-hoop over a bloke who was 19th in their BnF - different standards expected between the supporter bases maybe?

I think Josh got a bit lucky moving to Richmond when he did - should the Tigers have a down period during the season, I would almost guarantee he'll be one of the first to have the finger pointed at him by Tigers supporters.

The answer is no Geelong got Parfitt for him who will be a very good player (possibly better than Caddy) and by moving Caddy out it gave room for Menegola to play the same role on half the salary and Menegola was one of the breakout players in the afl last year. Unless you believe Caddy would have made the difference to win Geelong the 2017 flag its not a loss and i believe we were further away from a flag than that.

I will say if we were going to use him as a 2nd key forward he would have been useful given our lack of KPF stocks but i doubt we would have done that and he wanted to play midfield anyway.

Incorrect.

I was at the Richmond FC player sponsors dinner and as Sterge and TheLoungeLizard can both confirm as well, Caddy confirmed that the rumour that he moved for more midfield time was nonsense and he actually prefers being a forward and part time mid than being a midfielder and part time forward.

It wasn't a rumour Josh himself at the time said he wanted to play more midfield than what he was getting. So what you're saying is Josh really moved for money security and Dion but just made up the midfield think because he didn't want to say that? No surprise really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back