Josh Caddy - The one that got away

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I've heard he was a dickhead and the Cats were more than happy to get rid of him. Last year in the finals watching them, at no stage did I ever think gee they really need a Josh Caddy out there.
Best

He has built up his upper body heaps since joining the Tiges
e4fa4623a140a0a3593365d6805f93d4
200px-Josh_Caddy_2017.3.jpg

Josh Caddy -

2. Is and will always be better than Parfitt who has done nothing to suggest he’s gonna be a player

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower
Parfitt BOG yesterday. I don't recall Caddy ever achieving BOG while at Geelong. Parfitt will very easily surpass Caddy. Repeat, very easily. He has one thing on his side already - CONSISTENCY

Parfitt BOG yesterday. I don't recall Caddy ever achieving BOG while at Geelong. Parfitt will very easily surpass Caddy. Repeat, very easily. He has one thing on his side already - CONSISTENCY

Please. Parfitt finally plays an above average game against a weak, pathetic team. Yet to see him stand up on a big stage. He does that, then we talk. Caddy has runs on the board. And clearly you didn't watch Caddy at all last season. Played his role brilliantly.

Three known facts involving Josh Caddy -
1. Premiership player
2. Is and will always be better than Parfitt who has done nothing to suggest he’s gonna be a player
3. Geelong supporters are always gonna talk him down as they now can’t handle he’s gone to a better and bigger club.

Lol, remember when they were claiming he’s worth a first rounder? Now he can’t play. Cry some more catters.meow.

Only one of the above is an established 'fact'. Point 2 will need continuous re-evaluation and I can disprove point 3 right now.

Good on Josh Caddy. He's a valuable asset to whoever he plays for, I'm glad he bagged a Premiership with the Tiges and I wish him all the best in the future.

:)

Only one of the above is an established 'fact'. Point 2 will need continuous re-evaluation and I can disprove point 3 right now.

Good on Josh Caddy. He's a valuable asset to whoever he plays for, I'm glad he bagged a Premiership with the Tiges and I wish him all the best in the future.

:)

How dare you be polite and reasonable. HOW DARE YOU. I SAY GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR. GOOD DAY.

caddy had a near 40 possession game against the bulldogs that was better then parfits game. caddy absolutely dominated that game and looked like being our next selwood. Was also bloody good in a final against nth. but injuries will mean caddy never reaches those heights again whilst Parfitt can get heaps better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Premiership player
3. Geelong supporters are always gonna talk him down as they now can’t handle he’s gone to a better and bigger club.

Lol, remember when they were claiming he’s worth a first rounder? Now he can’t play. Cry some more catters.meow.

thats just a ridiculous post and i seriously rate caddy.

Thanks for confirming point 3. Well done.

My post acknowledging that caddy has found a fit at Richmond that he didn’t previously have, somehow means I can’t handle him ‘going to a bigger and better club.’
Nice to see you giving it the biggins over something I didn’t even insinuate let alone say.

Mark Blake.

I don’t know how many times this has to be said. Winning a flag doesn’t mean you won your team a flag. He played a role, he did a great job, but he’s far from the most important person in your side and based on how well others in your side have played, it’s a huge stretch to somehow draw an unspoken conclusion that somehow you won a flag because we made a poor call getting rid of Caddy.

1. Premiership player

Mark Blake is a premiership ruckman. Gary Ablett Sr never won a thing. Who gives a f***.

Because we never get selections from the top end of the draft, it is just assumed that we have no quality young players. Anyone who has clapped eyes on Parfitt since he debuted, would know that he has a lot of gun qualities. Caddy was a serviceable player for us, he fits a good role at Richmond and does his job. But making blanket statements like the one above about a player with 20 or so games under his belt is, frankly, the sign of an idiot.

My post acknowledging that caddy has found a fit at Richmond that he didn’t previously have, somehow means I can’t handle him ‘going to a bigger and better club.’
Nice to see you giving it the biggins over something I didn’t even insinuate let alone say.

So, when you really slow down and think about what I said in the bolded part, do you reckon it's because he has only played 20 games? Hence my point? So the fact you got personal without fully comprehending the point probably says more about you than me.

I think what has most people miffed is the ridiculousness of an argument that suggests the contribution of one player who is in his 8th season is somehow comparable to a player in his second and that their careers to date somehow have a meeting point of comparison.

You only need to read some of the commentary very early in the thread to see the Geelong hatred for Caddy. What's ironic is he never wanted to leave Geelong, but the relationship became fractured when he was offered up for trade as part of a deal to get Delidio (and he had no idea he was up for a trade anywhere).
He never actually betrayed your club (if that makes sense).
As for the Parfitt stuff, I actually agree with you, the kid has played 20 games, he has a long way to go.

From what I've heard he was a dickhead and the Cats were more than happy to get rid of him. Last year in the finals watching them, at no stage did I ever think gee they really need a Josh Caddy out there.
Who said he was a dickhead? And who at the cats have you heard wanted him gone?

Anyway, I agree with everyone saying it's a win/win.

You only need to read some of the commentary very early in the thread to see the Geelong hatred for Caddy. What's ironic is he never wanted to leave Geelong, but the relationship became fractured when he was offered up for trade as part of a deal to get Delidio (and he had no idea he was up for a trade anywhere).
He never actually betrayed your club (if that makes sense).
As for the Parfitt stuff, I actually agree with you, the kid has played 20 games, he has a long way to go.

He never betrayed the club. He just didn’t quite live up to what we wanted from him. That didn’t make him a bad player, it would just be like a player we didn’t find the right fit for, in regard to what we actually needed. Richmond have found it, credit to them and to caddy

He never betrayed the club. He just didn’t quite live up to what we wanted from him. That didn’t make him a bad player, it would just be like a player we didn’t find the right fit for, in regard to what we actually needed. Richmond have found it, credit to them and to caddy

Funning thing is, right now, the way he is played, he would be a great fit for Geelong. But as has been pointed out, we have bulked him up a bit as well. I always rated him a B grader. Solid citizen type of footballer (which every club needs), but for whatever reason, at Richmond, the way he is played, he's better than that (and I think it's as much what he brings to the structure etc and how we have built a game plan around him, Jack etc. I hope that makes sense).

He has built up his upper body heaps since joining the Tiges
e4fa4623a140a0a3593365d6805f93d4
200px-Josh_Caddy_2017.3.jpg
Was bigger when he first joined geelong. Was an absolute monster and had a real intimidating presence about him. Then our coach got him to slim down and turned him into a forward flanker

Always was a strong performer for un in high pressure games.

Like parfitt though so win/win at this stage

Funning thing is, right now, the way he is played, he would be a great fit for Geelong. But as has been pointed out, we have bulked him up a bit as well. I always rated him a B grader. Solid citizen type of footballer (which every club needs), but for whatever reason, at Richmond, the way he is played, he's better than that (and I think it's as much what he brings to the structure etc and how we have built a game plan around him, Jack etc. I hope that makes sense).
I don't hate Caddy - I don't hate anyone - but the official reasons he gave for wanting out of Geelong were that he wasn't getting enough midfield time, and he was friends with Dion. Not much we could do about either. Others were ahead of him in the midfield at Geelong.

Geelong did not put up a fight to keep Caddy which disappointed me at the time, but that is water under the bridge now. He has moved on, and I disagree that he would be a good fit for Geelong. We have Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back