Analysis Leadership, where is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you guys take your bitching elsewhere, it's a football discussion site not a NTTAWWT vent outlet.

NTTAWW NTTAWWT vent outlets (apparently). It's the inlets which concern me!

The premise of this thread is well worth discussion, our missing or misfiring leadership. The question has to be asked!

However, if this thread's to continue then the poster v poster squabbling over off topic crapola has to cease or at the very least be funny or OP related.

Otherwise the S-bend is this thread's destination and that's always a last resort.

The leadership question has hovered over our side for a long time. Not necessarily (C)aptain related, but leadership on every line. Our inability to stem a momentum shift repeatedly last year brought it to a head and the first game of this year we showed little had changed.

Bump....Just keeping the count of overhead marks.
V's Doggies? = 0
You referring to Goldi?
I thought some of his centre work tapouts were excellent. Clear he is at 85% but he was good in the ruck.
As for his contesting around the ground? Goldi got monstered unfortunately. Minson owned him.
His tackle on Johanieson was awesome though.

His strengths and weakness were on show today but he is streets ahead of Currie.

You referring to Goldi?
I thought some of his centre work tapouts were excellent. Clear he is at 85% but he was good in the ruck.
As for his contesting around the ground? Goldi got monstered unfortunately. Minson owned him.
His tackle on Johanieson was awesome though.

His strengths and weakness were on show today but he is streets ahead of Currie.
His tackle was an act of frustration resulting from Minson working him under in a marking contest. I liked it .....it says he does have an ounce of grunt in him:D All I want is to see it more from our big man.
Tap work was great.....I admit he may be still tender in that shoulder of his as well. But Im having a tally on him and his over the head marking prowess which is non existent apart from the rare moment of madness from him. :p

I think on what I saw yesterday that Luke McD stands head and shoulders above the others. He was geeing up the players more than anyone when needed and they all need to take a leaf from his book.
The excitement on his face after the game gave me goosebumps. I was never a big fan of his Dad and still shake my head that he played 174 games (how bad must we have been) but I hope he plays 200 plus and keeps the enthusiasm right up there

Bump....Just keeping the count of overhead marks.
V's Doggies? = 0
Love your work usually oz, but seriously ordinary post mate.

I've always wondered what people actually get out of publicly going on and on and on about one particular player?

I get people having a negative opinion and airing that. But over and over and over again? Just weird, imo.

Where the * was our leadership last night?

Our lack of onfield leadership stood out like the proverbial canine testicles.

There was no greater example of this than when Drew had the chance to kick a goal from the 50 metre line but elects to try a risky pass to Daw.

Drew is supposed to be a leader at the club and a goal then would have stopped the bleeding and may have helped swing the momentum. There's no guarantee that he would have kicked it but a true leader would have certainly given it a crack. Not trying just saps the energy of the whole team.

Spitta is still coming back so he can be excused, Boomer and NDS show a little bit but it's pretty damning on our whole leadership group that our best onfield leader is Luke McDonald, a kid who's played less than 10 games.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noted the same thing. Two years ago Petrie would have slotted that - he can kick it 55 easily. And yet he was looking for a pass from the moment he marked it.

Unfortunately we sadly lack in this area. Nicky Dal, Thommo are our best.

North needs a bull who says yep it's my team and I'll lead from the front.

Selwood, hodge, danger/sloane, Mundy/fyfe, Kennedy/jack, Ablett ,pendles/beams/swan etc are all prime examples.

I can't see B Scott taking this team to where it needs to be. He can definitely talk and give us a whole lot of spin.

Unfortunately we sadly lack in this area. Nicky Dal, Thommo are our best.

North needs a bull who says yep it's my team and I'll lead from the front.

Selwood, hodge, danger/sloane, Mundy/fyfe, Kennedy/jack, Ablett ,pendles/beams/swan etc are all prime examples.

Do you see swallow compare anywhere to those mentioned?

Tumbleweeds2.gif

amazing this thread was started in late march we are not in august and asking the same old questions... Not much has changed in a lot of areas.

Leadership is what's separating us from the top 4 sides. Yes we can play, and play damned well on our day but every one of the top sides have players that can consistently dig deep and get their team over the line when it gets tough, unfortunately we just don't seem to have players that can do it consistently.

Unfortunately until either some of our players step up as leaders we're going to remain a middle of the road team.

Luke McDonald is showing some real promise in this department, Jack has shown it in the past at times but seems to have lost it at the moment, Boomer and NDS show a bit at times. What we've got at the moment just isn't enough.

Hopefully Luke, Jack and Cunners will take on the mantle as leaders to carry us forward because we really need it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I hope Ling is cheap. If there is a semblance of leadership at this club, can someone point it out to me.

I guess you could call BS and Narni potting LT 'leadership':rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back