Most dishonest players in the comp? Your top 10

Remove this Banner Ad

This bloke cant even lie straight
GiddyEthicalFrenchbulldog-size_restricted.gif

Except in the comfort of a best mates bedroom.

Woodcock from Port won the rising star for this category this week :p
One for the future surely.

This is unfortunately fair.

Woodcock will soon learn that when you pull that s**t as a Port Adelaide player, the umps don't give you frees for it. He'll need to either take it out of his game or request a trade to Geelong/Western Bulldogs.

Lol... Wards done it once.
So a man walks into a bar, and sits down. He starts a conversation with an old guy next to him. The old guy has obviously had a few. He says to the man:

"You see that dock out there? Built it myself, hand crafted each piece, and it's the best dock in town! But do they call me "McGregor the dock builder"? No! And you see that bridge over there? I built that, took me two months, through rain, sleet and scoarching weather, but do they call me "McGregor the bridge builder"? No! And you see that pier over there, I built that, best pier in the county! But do they call me "McGregor the pier builder"? No!"

The old guy looks around, and makes sure that nobody is listening, and leans to the man, and he says:

"but you * one sheep..."

On reputation, Dogs could put forward Toby McLean too. Back in 2017 he was shocking for milking the high frees with his ducking, and even though he has largely removed it from his game since then, I don't think he'll shake that label.

Worst offender in the current game would be Ben Brown, never seen someone throw their arms up as often as he does at the slightest bit of contact.

Almost need to split players into 3 groups, using the most high profile examples for each:
Duckers (Shuey/Selwood)
Milkers (Papley/Brown)
Stagers (Grimes/Ward)
Grimes is a milker, not a stager. He's never gone down without contact, most of his frees are off the ball blocks or bumps with a reasonable force. What grimes does is that while he could stay on his feet, he doesn't even try and puts his arms put. QF against Brisbane is a perfect example. He sees Hipwood coming and puts himself into the back foot so that a mild bump will knock him over. He could have stayed up if he tried, but he didn't bother trying.

Papley is definitely a stager not a milker. Maynard gave him a light touch to the middle/lower back and papley went down like Marylin Manson trying to suck himself off.

Grimes is a milker, not a stager. He's never gone down without contact, most of his frees are off the ball blocks or bumps with a reasonable force. What grimes does is that while he could stay on his feet, he doesn't even try and puts his arms put. QF against Brisbane is a perfect example. He sees Hipwood coming and puts himself into the back foot so that a mild bump will knock him over. He could have stayed up if he tried, but he didn't bother trying.

Papley is definitely a stager not a milker. Maynard gave him a light touch to the middle/lower back and papley went down like Marylin Manson trying to suck himself off.
Different people may have different definitions for these terms, but Grimes was literally charged with staging last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to say it but I’d have Walters top 3. Cant stand it and he’s such a talented player it’s completely unnecessary.

It’s now working against him, because he’s not winning any free kicks - even the ones that are there.

Yes, most umpires start to ignore certain players who historically consistently flop around looking for frees (even if there is illegal contact/infringement), which even the grand master of this tactic, Mr Dangerfield is also realizing - probably why PD's average flops per game appears to be well down on previous seasons...

Thought this would be a worthwhile contribution to the 'think tank'

Yes. remember this well. JB runs under ball, thinks he feels a finger-nail on his back so dives forward and the ump buys it..!!!

From the saints Lonie is the worst, almost every play he is involved in you can see he is waiting for the chance to flop. So bad that he is my most hated player in the game atm because of that part of his game.

He is genuinely scragged all game by every opponent. It’s a joke that a player gets punished just for being fast. Wouldn’t get 5 percent of the frees that are there.

Funnily enough this applies to Walters aswell. Little wonder they have to exaggerate to draw any sort of attention from umpires.

From the saints Lonie is the worst, almost every play he is involved in you can see he is waiting for the chance to flop. So bad that he is my most hated player in the game atm because of that part of his game.
Noticed Jade Gresham throws himself forward / drops at the knees whenever he feels tackle pressure.
Seems to have become more prevalent in his game.

Drawing high contact appears to be a tactic amongst the Bulldogs playing group. Rather than the drop knee, uppercut, shoulder shrug, they mostly drive the head into the tackle. Have a number of players that do it.

Murphy from the Blues is our reining champ. His inability to physically impact the contest draws out his penchant for exaggerating contact.

Joel Selwood.

Has spent 10 years rolling his shoulders to forced players tackles high. Did it again last week. Even more baffling is how the AFL and umpires have allowed him to do it.
A permanent stain on his career.
The sole reason he isn’t universally admired by the greater football public for the champion he otherwise is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back