Most dishonest players in the comp? Your top 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Selwoods technique is an attempt to break a tackle. Up to the umpire to call play on.

Dangerfield is much worse

Correct, although Duckwoods free kick anomaly is up there with Bradman's 99.94, primarily it's always been an evasive action against the tackler, whereas Dangerflop seems to step on a Lego every time he loses a contest, a tactic/habit he's been refining since his Crows days...

Shuey is being named on reputation from 3-4 years ago.. virtually none these days

walters is the biggest diver/ throws head back in the league
Shuey just does it better because it’s a trained skill at West Coast. My old mate Ash Hams taught him well.

I never thought I’d see the day where I agree with you but you are correct about Walters. It’s a shame as he is such a good player and doesn’t need to milk kicks.

Shuey just does it better because it’s a trained skill at West Coast. My old mate Ash Hams taught him well.

I never thought I’d see the day where I agree with you but you are correct about Walters. It’s a shame as he is such a good player and doesn’t need to milk kicks.

Trained lol... what number is that conspiracy

Correct, although Duckwoods free kick anomaly is up there with Bradman's 99.94, primarily it's always been an evasive action against the tackler, whereas Dangerflop seems to step on a Lego every time he loses a contest, a tactic/habit he's been refining since his Crows days...
Views on hawthorn flog Puopolo?

download-3.jpg

Grimes spends all game looking stupid but deep down is an umpire-loved scrag.

Gotta laugh at the haters. Was chosen by his peers as the most courageous player in the comp last year as well as being an All-Australian.

Yeah he used to duck into tackles and nowadays does the odd flop (on which he's showing a profit). He's a great player. Suck it up.

Views on hawthorn flog Puopolo?

View attachment 933799
In the pantheon, do we regard him as a current player though?
If he plays another AFL game at Hawthorn I'd be shocked, they need to blood the youngsters.

If we are talking past tense, Matthew Lloyd sticks in my mind as the absolutely GOAT though, even Selwood won't get there by retirement. Both players that developed methodologies solely focused on extracted FKs.

I wonder how many ITB freekicks for Lloyd got in his career?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Listen clown, perhaps you didn't get the memo, but as President of the ALFPA, a former Brownlow medalist, 3-time Carji Greeves medalist, to name a few of my achievements, when I happen to lose a contest it's your job to find and award me a free kick - OK...!!!"
"FFS, do you think I consistently depict being mauled by a shark and/or machine-gunned in the back when I've somehow not won the ball - just for the fun of it....?"

1597248971502.png

Last edited:
"Listen clown, perhaps you didn't get the memo, but as President of the ALFPA, a former Brownlow medalist, 3-time Carji Greeves medalist, to name a few of my achievements, when I happen to lose a contest it's your job to find and award me a free kick. OK...!!!"
"FFS, do you think I consistently depict being mauled by a shark and/or machine-gunned in the back when I've somehow not won the ball, just for the fun of it....?"

View attachment 934014
Danger gets manhandled similarly to Cripps on a weekly basis and gets hardly anything. If anyone has the right to go down easy to make the umpire notice a free or having a word with the umpires it’s him.

Last edited:
As much as I enjoy watching him play, Robbie Gray seriously needs more mentions in this thread. You could touch him on the knee and he’ll throw his head back and dive forward. Spends a lot of time sooking to the umps too.

Josh Kennedy from West Coast is one of the worst I’ve seen but never gets called out. I was at the West Coast vs Geelong game last Saturday and he would of dived / fell over easily 3-4 times. The West Coast crowd screamed loudly like they do and the umpires still never gave him a free that how obvious it was.

As much as I enjoy watching him play, Robbie Gray seriously needs more mentions in this thread. You could touch him on the knee and he’ll throw his head back and dive forward. Spends a lot of time sooking to the umps too.
A member of the “never gets paid frees for being scragged week in week out so accentuates contact” club. I’m not a fan of it

Danger gets manhandled similarly to Cripps on a weekly basis and gets hardly anything. If anyone has the right to go down easy to make the umpire notice a free or having a word with the umpires it’s him.

Noted, but perhaps if he wasn't rehearsing for his future career as a Hollywood stuntman every time he doesn't win a contest, which most umpires are now aware of and ignore, he would actually be paid more free's...?
To his credit, I think he has realized this scenario because his 'flops per game average' appears to be well down on previous seasons...

Kevin Bartlett (rules were changed because of him)

Cockchin who obviously lied at the tribunal to be allowed to play in 2017 after knocking Shiel out.

Weightman, he used diabetes as and excuse for belting someone and got off.

Rance, floppity, flop, flop.

Grimes, floppy McFlopface.

Matty Knights - crying about Libba scratching his face when we all know Libba was an angel.

Richmond fans - trying to justify getting the last 10 games at home last season and failing miserably to convince anyone but themselves.

Michael Roach who pushed Kelvin Moore in the back when he climbed over him and 75 others to take that mark. An honest player would have admitted his crime to the umpire and handed the ball to Kel.

Kevin Bartlett, again, for not being honest with himself for his last 390 games and denying he was going bald by having that Gollum-esque comb over.

St Francis Bourke for missing his pie at halftime and accidently squirting the sauce on his face and not correcting everyone who thought it was blood because he thought it made him look tough.

Joel Selwood.

Has spent 10 years rolling his shoulders to forced players tackles high. Did it again last week. Even more baffling is how the AFL and umpires have allowed him to do it.
The umpire is penalising the tackler for abject stupidity. If this has been happening for 10 years wouldn’t you think the tackler might have learned?

Dishonest = behaving or prone to behave in an untrustworthy, deceitful, or insincere way.

Winner has to be Jack Riewoldt. Punching a guy in the Crown Jewels behind play...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back