List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Walker hit the post but I may be wrong.
Yeah, people's memories of Walker kicking the goal is correct, so simply for reference.

The goal in question can be found at the 3:55 mark but the Johnson by-play with Walker is missing from this footage.

SJ was the better shot. The team thing to do was to pass it to SJ. SJ new he was the better shot and did the team thing. It was bad team play by Walker not to do it. I'm guessing your filthy when SJ kicked the goal to break the game open in the GF against the pies after Hawkins hand balled it to him?
The GF thing was a bit different -Hawkins had been missing a few easier shots on goal. The Walker incident was just SJ being greedy.

yes, its almost like a good luck charm
he lacks penetration in his kicking, and defensive pressure
cant have 5 forwards who dont chase
thats why hawk and mitch are a liability
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a power forward like those guys, who can chase and tackle. They're no worse than Cloke, etc. but they aren't as mobile as Buddy and his type.
Maybe we need to ditch those big blokes and go for slightly smaller, more mobile forwards in their stead?
Another option is to make sure everyone else in the forward line works overtime to make up for what we lack in the big players.

Is it the 'team thing' to abuse a teammate when they don't do what you want them to do? Perhaps if you're Matthew Richardson.

Walker kicked the goal, by the way.
It is the team thing if its better for the team. The fact Walker kicked the goal is irrelevant. On a probability basis passing to Johnson was the better option.

AFL website saying that pick 9 and first pick next year as well for Danger. Maybe a player as well??

Get the lube out. I'll reserve judgement but if it happens we can safely say we are a laughing stock in the trade game. 18 months to plan this.

We can enjoy being the only team to ever be matched in a RFA sitaution and we can also enjoy 10th-6th for the next 4 seasons before the cliff really comes. This really would be the Judd reincarnation. Thing is Judd was 2 younger and there was no such thing as free agency. How did Carl go selling the farm for one player. Throw in the 5-6 rookies we will be forced to draft this yr just to have a squad.

Tell him to nominate for the ND and burn pick 9 as an absolute maximum.

The footage of SJ against North Melbourne this year was the final straw for me. Walker took a mark on the boundary line and was preparing for a tough shot. SJ ran around behind him screaming for the ball but Walker refused to look at him. SJ was visibly angry. The TV shows played the footage as if it was 'good old larrikin Stevie J' but really it showed how much of a glory hunter he could be.
nah the two missed goals from lairising in the goal square personally. Just kick the damn thing!

It is the team thing if its better for the team. The fact Walker kicked the goal is irrelevant. On a probability basis passing to Johnson was the better option.
Or perhaps a young guy stepping up and taking responsibility and kicking the goal is a good thing for his development, and should be encouraged by a senior figure...

Ok, which of the three retired boys was he demanding be let go?
You've opened a can of worms now, CMIA. I have no idea how you're going to out that lid back on it! :p
It was locker room stuff more.. I posted way earlier in the year that mots was leaving due to a "click" that was spearheaded by a very big personality or 2. Go read the transcript of a hockings interview on ABC - it is all pretty obvious. Mots was unhappy. Changes were made to make it "Selwood, Taylor and Hawkins team" changes are announced and mots resigns. Make of it what you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greedy but also doing what should be the team thing. Giving yourself the best opportunity at kicking the goal.
I think SJ was struggling with distance by that stage of the year. Must try and find that goal to have a look but I actually thought Walker was a better chance and, as he showed, he didn't miss by a real lot.

It was locker room stuff more.. I posted way earlier in the year that mots was leaving due to a "click" that was spearheaded by a very big personality or 2. Go read the transcript of a hockings interview on ABC - it is all pretty obvious. Mots was unhappy. Changes were made to make it "Selwood, Taylor and Hawkins team" changes are announced and mots resigns. Make of it what you will.

can't be any clearer than that, CMIA. I do remember you saying something about senior players being a problem, come to think of it- but didn't recall who was being cut out of it. Hope it's all resolved now.
I also remember someone saying something about Stokes not standing up for the boys as he might have done. Was that you as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can't be any clearer than that, CMIA. I do remember you saying something about senior players being a problem, come to think of it- but didn't recall who was being cut out of it. Hope it's all resolved now.
I also remember someone saying something about Stokes not standing up for the boys as he might have done. Was that you as well?
Yes that was me - not standing up for but not being as proactive - leadership wise- as he should have been with Bundy. Left al to fend for himself. And ultimately Allen has to take responsibility for his issues - but a Shaun Burgoyne wouldn't have ever let Allen get to that point to begin with.

Two things SJ MIGHT have done better would be 1. sneak in closer to goal for a short pass and to give us a better chance (then Walker would've been in the wrong to not have passed it to him) and 2. to keep his dissatisfaction with Walker just between the two of them, behind closed doors after the game or even just a quiet word to him at the next break. To publicly make such a fuss in front of thousands of pairs of eyes was juvenile, made HIM look selfish (not Walker) and probably highlighted that not all was hunky dory between our players and that they weren't all playing as a team.

Yes that was me - not standing up for but not being as proactive - leadership wise- as he should have been with Bundy. Left al to fend for himself. And ultimately Allen has to take responsibility for his issues - but a Shaun Burgoyne wouldn't have ever let Allen get to that point to begin with.

not knowing the full story, I can't comment on Stokesy's leadership skills in that particular instance but sometimes things just aren't as cut and dried as we might suppose.

Yeah, people's memories of Walker kicking the goal is correct, so simply for reference.

The goal in question can be found at the 3:55 mark but the Johnson by-play with Walker is missing from this footage.

I noticed Murdoch hand balling to I think it was stokes with three North players around him, rather than just kicking it long or looking for a better option; that's something they have eliminate before next year, kills us every time

AFL website saying that pick 9 and first pick next year as well for Danger. Maybe a player as well??

Get the lube out. I'll reserve judgement but if it happens we can safely say we are a laughing stock in the trade game. 18 months to plan this.

We can enjoy being the only team to ever be matched in a RFA sitaution and we can also enjoy 10th-6th for the next 4 seasons before the cliff really comes. This really would be the Judd reincarnation. Thing is Judd was 2 younger and there was no such thing as free agency. How did Carl go selling the farm for one player. Throw in the 5-6 rookies we will be forced to draft this yr just to have a squad.

Tell him to nominate for the ND and burn pick 9 as an absolute maximum.
I agree. We will be in BIG trouble if this happens. Almost Carlton trouble in a few years.
We are already in a bit of trouble re: filling a full squad this year.
Imagine giving up our best draft picks 2 years in a row and a decent young player. Can't do this. Would rather not get him.

Would rather not get him.

You can't surely mean this.

Danger is a once in a decade type midfielder. Even if we do give two first rounders (which I hope we don't), we're paying nowhere near as much as Carlton did for Judd.

It simply comes down to this: we could price Adelaide out of the market to ensure they don't match. But then we're paying $1m plus for a player - no club had ever won a flag with a player on $1m plus - which potentially disrupts team harmony, prevents us from bringing in other players and will likely mean losing required players in coming years as we can't pay them enough. Sydney got Franklin, but they've already lost Mumford and Malceski (soon to be Jetta too) over money. No thanks.

So realistically what are we expecting to happen this week?

Danger to officially accept our FA offer on Friday, and the Crows to announce they are matching?
The cats play the game make a stupid offer and get him for free
Then trade pick 9 for a decent player, mystery mid
Henderson for our second plus change
Kersten and walker and. Jj to leave for a meat pie and sauce
Scooter to come for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back