List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows need a good news story and it sort of makes a point for them too, that they are going to focus on SA grown talent (which has been a topic of debate at the Crows for a while, or at least amongst their supporters).
Gore was probably picked and not played for this very reason - as a commodity that the Crows would want and could be sold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"We wanted to eliminate all risk that Patty wouldn't end up at Geelong"
And any questions about why Geelong paid as much as it did in the circumstances should be referred to this quote from Wells.

The ONLY way to eliminate ALL risk was to appease Adelaide fully.

Feels good to clip an opposition club after being overlooked by Boak and Frawley! Absolutely love this feeling, can't remember the last time we signed such a big name
Wouldn't say we clipped anyone. Reckon it was a fair outcome and both parties should be pleased. Gore will play plenty of ones footy for them.

I knew someone would come out with this.

Who would have thought, it wasnt nothing and it wasnt 2 first rounders. Shocked.
It was a lot closer to two first rounders and a 'quality' player than it was nothing. But on the fairness scale, two first rounders and a quality player, whilst in my view being overs, is still in the fair scale anyway. To receive nothing would be nothing short of criminal. Pick #14 still WAY unders. Upon reflection and considering everything, it was a fair outcome.

Geelong supporters should celebrate landing Danger - a top five player in the comp and the biggest coup since Gary senior or Polly Farmer instead of being negative nellies. Adelaide supporters should now be able to have some closure, be able to now move on and most importantly, look forward to the future with some reasonable picks.

Willo_ don't forget to take that bit of cardboard out before you hand Patrick his new polo shirt.

Wouldn't say we clipped anyone. Reckon it was a fair outcome and both parties should be pleased. Gore will play plenty of ones footy for them.
Didn't mean 'clipped' in that context. I reckon it was a fair deal, neither team was shafted in my opinion. It just feels great to snatch an A-grade player from an opposition club for once! It's usually one of the maligned "Big 4" that get elected as a players' club of choice, we were just lucky in these specific circumstances!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back