Traded Orazio Fantasia [traded with #73 to Port for #29 and 2021 R3]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad we got him probably paid overs but you have to if you want a contracted player.
29 will end up 35ish and would be chewed up with the Jones bid so makes it worth while.

I watch very few essendon games but have read that of the few games orazio played this year he played on the hbf, why was he pushed back there?

McKenna wanted to play as a forward or was AWOL, and Fantasia had some quad issues I think, so perhaps it was to give him more straight line running.

It's a decent trade really, enough compensation for Essendon to on-forward as part of the Caldwell deal which means a Best-22 player. If he's a bust Port haven't really given up too much, if he's not and he returns to form he's one of the best small forwards in the comp.

McKenna wanted to play as a forward or was AWOL, and Fantasia had some quad issues I think, so perhaps it was to give him more straight line running.

It's a decent trade really, enough compensation for Essendon to on-forward as part of the Caldwell deal which means a Best-22 player. If he's a bust Port haven't really given up too much, if he's not and he returns to form he's one of the best small forwards in the comp.
You're being way to kind to us, we paid well overs for a bloke who can't string more than a couple of games together and has played one decent season, essendon smashed us in this trade.

You're being way to kind to us, we paid well overs for a bloke who can't string more than a couple of games together and has played one decent season, essendon smashed us in this trade.

Disagree, I think if he's fit and happy you'll be well and truly satisfied with what you've paid.

I watch very few essendon games but have read that of the few games orazio played this year he played on the hbf, why was he pushed back there?

At the end of the day, you got him at his cheapest value. Yes he has a had a couple of soft tissue problems over the past 2 seasons, but at his best he was one of our most important players.

According to reports his body is in good nick and he will have a full pre-season. He is also back at home with his family and I think you will see some electric football from him. When he was flying he was amazing to watch. I hope you get to enjoy the same footballer that lit it up for us.

Not it moves to 34 and you have access to the 34th best kid in that year not the 29th

How people cant fathom this is beyond me

Not school holidays is it

If people dont think recruiters consider the strength of drafts when dealing picks then they arnt worth talking too
If you have pick 10, the kid you pick isn't the 10th best kid in the draft.

Jack Watts was the best kid in the draft? He was the first picked. Crazy stuff.

Ole razzle dazzle is an absolute gun when fit. Better than papley imo.

But that’s just it, hasn’t got his body right, nor does he look like he does the work to do so.

It will be interesting to see if he comes good, could be some pretty serious icing on the cake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This treating players as commodities rather than people attitude is the same attitude your club has taken, and it's the same reason that required players walk out on your club year after year after year. If Essendon want to destroy their culture over Orazio ****ing Fantasia rather than take a universally regarded as fair offer for him, be our guests.

Like Geelong did with Kelly and Carlton Gibbs. Bulldogs, Bombers and Swans too. We're a club that does the opposite and gets bent over when players leave. Probably save the outrage for clubs that have actually kept players that asked to be traded. Numpty.

And now you will see why Essendon didn't want to let him go cheaply

That's 2 players we have now given you for unders but yeah Essendon hard to deal with :rolleyes:
Still saying you guys got under for Ryder, you Essendon fans seriously are thick. You got the perfect compensation for Ryder, just coz you can’t draft isn’t our fault. We only got 4 years out of him coz of his suspension. Pick 17 was more than enough

Essendon have a habit of ruining players and absolutely tanking their trade value, and then complaining that they don't still get top dollar for them at the trade table.

You're lucky to have gotten a half eaten sandwich for Fanta after his last couple of years. Thankfully for him and us, he seems to be getting his career back on track now that he's at a good club.

Back