Traded Orazio Fantasia [traded with #73 to Port for #29 and 2021 R3]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

For what it's worth, we may as well keep him for 2020. a) we aren't getting what we would value him at (some think a first rounder, even two top 30 picks), ) he is contracted (to 2021 if the title is anything to go by), and c) we hold the upper hand (as he is contracted).

May as well hold onto him, his value currently would be at it's lowest we've had it since we drafted him.

For what it's worth, we may as well keep him for 2020. a) we aren't getting what we would value him at (some think a first rounder, even two top 30 picks), ) he is contracted (to 2021 if the title is anything to go by), and c) we hold the upper hand (as he is contracted).

May as well hold onto him, his value currently would be at it's lowest we've had it since we drafted him.
Yep exactly. There’s no need to trade him unless we get value for him.

Port and Adelaide did the same thing with Francis and now he’s become a genuine gun.

I’m sure Fantasia is happy to stay.

Don’t even want as a free agent when he’d cost 600k per year.

Shockingly inconsistent, applies little forward pressure, has a tonne of 1 goal or less games and would be lucky to get 8 effective touches per match.

Essendon are welcome to keep him or someone else fall into the trap next year of another Motlop/Rohan type of player on even bigger coin.

Don’t even want as a free agent when he’d cost 600k per year.

Shockingly inconsistent, applies little forward pressure, has a tonne of 1 goal or less games and would be lucky to get 8 effective touches per match.

Essendon are welcome to keep him or someone else fall into the trap next year of another Motlop/Rohan type of player on even bigger coin.
That’s mostly in the second half of this year. Before that, he was one of our best players. Shouldn’t have played as soon as he hurt his hip against Hawthorn.

We know his talent so I’d rather keep him.

Yep exactly. There’s no need to trade him unless we get value for him.

Port and Adelaide did the same thing with Francis and now he’s become a genuine gun.

I’m sure Fantasia is happy to stay.

The more you look at it, the more it makes sense. We aren’t getting value out of him, whilst if we hold him to his contract the likely outcome is no great loss as a 2nd/3rd round compensation anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Port Adelaide Receive: Orazio Fantasia and Pick 31
Essendon Receive: William Drew,Billy Frampton and Pick 61
Two players not in your firsts ?
And??

The point stands, two players not consistently in a team who is outside the top 8's best 22. The point stands

This year was essentially Drew’s first year at the club (he has been injured since we drafted him, to the point he become a port board running joke that Willem Drew was a myth like Bigfoot)

His form this year was absolutely astonishing and came out of the blue even as a draft watcher who was familiar with him and a fan pre draft.

He got 10 games this year and absolutely dominated the sanfl when he went back there. He’s a 190cm midfielder who is 20 years old

Claiming he is outside our 22 is absurd

You might as well apply the same logic and offer a third rounder for any excellent developing player who is building their fitness and body for afl football.

The reality is that drew is a very exciting young talent and he would be incredibly hard to pry out of port Adelaide.

This year was essentially Drew’s first year at the club (he has been injured since we drafted him, to the point he become a port board running joke that Willem Drew was a myth like Bigfoot)

His form this year was absolutely astonishing and came out of the blue even as a draft watcher who was familiar with him and a fan pre draft.

He got 10 games this year and absolutely dominated the sanfl when he went back there. He’s a 190cm midfielder who is 20 years old

Claiming he is outside our 22 is absurd

You might as well apply the same logic and offer a third rounder for any excellent developing player who is building their fitness and body for afl football.

The reality is that drew is a very exciting young talent and he would be incredibly hard to pry out of port Adelaide.

So it’s an hilarious trade proposition? Fantasia is worth more than Drew and Frampton by himself let alone Essendon throwing in the higher pick as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it’s an hilarious trade proposition? Fantasia is worth more than Drew and Frampton by himself let alone Essendon throwing in the higher pick as well.

Not hilarious, just misinformed. The poster claiming drew is not a first 22 player disregards the truth that drew played 10 games in what is basically his first year of football and would be a massive part of our plans going forward.

As for the trade suggestion I absolutely believe that Essendon would bring his name up (he’s a perfect fit for what you need) and that port would immediately say he is untouchable. I cannot see port trading him unless drew really pushed for it, which is extremely doubtful. He’s also a koroit boy which is a tiny country town halfway between Adelaide and Melbourne.

Not hilarious, just misinformed. The poster claiming drew is not a first 22 player disregards the truth that drew played 10 games in what is basically his first year of football and would be a massive part of our plans going forward.

As for the trade suggestion I absolutely believe that Essendon would bring his name up (he’s a perfect fit for what you need) and that port would immediately say he is untouchable. I cannot see port trading him unless drew really pushed for it, which is extremely doubtful. He’s also a koroit boy which is a tiny country town halfway between Adelaide and Melbourne.
He's also cousins with Marty Gleeson if it came down to it. Not saying he'll request a trade but you'd think that if he did want to go back to Victoria that would be somewhat of a factor.

Apparently he has just sacked his manager and will ask for a trade back to SA.
Was his manager refusing to talk to other clubs?

Seems an odd thing to do just as you want to announce a move

also, link pls

Powel Pepper/Fantasia swap? rumors that Powel Pepper is keen to get to Essendon

port will probably need to throw in a sweetneer

God no i wouldn't even want to do a straight swap. I dont think it is possible to make this trade work and keep both sides happy unless there was no trade whatsoever.

Fantasia is over rated, injury prone and cost too much in salary than he's worth (from a power perspective). Id rather keep SPP. We already have our small forwards and dont require another any time soon. We need to consentrate on getting young gun mids.

God no i wouldn't even want to do a straight swap. I dont think it is possible to make this trade work and keep both sides happy unless there was no trade whatsoever.

Fantasia is over rated, injury prone and cost too much in salary than he's worth (from a power perspective). Id rather keep SPP. We already have our small forwards and dont require another any time soon. We need to consentrate on getting young gun mids.

So you want us to give him away? You bent us over with the Ryder trade not going to happen again.

So you want us to give him away?

No i would rather you keep him... This way both parties are happy. You dont want to lose fatasia, we dont want to lose SPP

I dont want him playing at the power because he is injury prone and cost too much in salary than he's worth.

As i said the power should concentrate on improving our midfield this trade period.

Fantasia at his worst is better than SPP, who on top of that is an absolute headcase.

Back