Lifestyle Paddocks and Plates - Share your Garden and Kitchen Tips and Pics 🌱🍑🥬🌶

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd commit some serious crimes for easy access to pomegranate.
Well once they fruit you can come up to mannum and grab some. Might be a year or two at least.

My quince tree has the biggest amount of fruit ever this year.

I also bought an apricot tree and black pomegranate this season.
I got about 30 apricots, we had to cut the tree back hard after possums got in and ate every leaf and small branch and ruined it, it’s just coming back this year properly.

IMG_4235.jpeg

A bit more spam

IMG_4236.jpeg

IMG_4238.jpeg

Zucchini fritters

IMG_4239.jpeg

Well once they fruit you can come up to mannum and grab some. Might be a year or two at least.

My quince tree has the biggest amount of fruit ever this year.
I’m waiting for my bro’s quinces to be ready, I don’t like them but wanna try making quince jelly. Do you make it?

You may have only got 30 apricots, but they look pretty good.
They are amazing, it was a big tree but dunno how they got in and decimated it. I’ve got before and after photos somewhere :( But we stuck with it and it’s coming back.

I’m waiting for my bro’s quinces to be ready, I don’t like them but wanna try making quince jelly. Do you make it?
My wife makes it, we will donate most of the quinces to the hospital auxiliary so they can make paste and jam to fundraise.

They are amazing, it was a big tree but dunno how they got in and decimated it. I’ve got before and after photos somewhere :( But we stuck with it and it’s coming back.
I bought a Trevatt species of apricot, meant to be sweet. Hopefully next year I’ll get a bit from it. Only planted it two months ago but has put on good growth already.

I bought a Trevatt species of apricot, meant to be sweet. Hopefully next year I’ll get a bit from it. Only planted it two months ago but has put on good growth already.
Awesome, one of the best fruits there is imo and they don’t all ripen at once.

My blue Kangaroo Paw plants arrived today. Super excited. I had 6 large pots to fill in the outdoor veranda area which gets very hot in summer...still not regretting getting the clear roof.

So I planted stuff that will hold up to an Aust summer and also got some natives

2 x different varieties of Mother in Laws tongue. A lovely Twisted Sister & a Whitney.
2 x Kangaroo Paws: same pot & I can't wait for these to flower
2x Cut Lead Dasies <Magenta Bliss>

I hope to god the dog doesn't chuck a tanty when I go to the footy tomorrow night. I want to see these Kangaroo Paws bloom so bad.

Blue KP.jpg

My blue Kangaroo Paw plants arrived today. Super excited. I had 6 large pots to fill in the outdoor veranda area which gets very hot in summer...still not regretting getting the clear roof.

So I planted stuff that will hold up to an Aust summer and also got some natives

2 x different varieties of Mother in Laws tongue. A lovely Twisted Sister & a Whitney.

I hope to god the dog doesn't chuck a tanty when I go to the footy tomorrow night. I was to see these Kangaroo Paws bloom so bad.

View attachment 1921213
Gorgeous!

Gorgeous!
I know right? Had no idea there were as many Kangaroo Paw varieties as there are. Then I saw the blue ones and it was

Want You Love GIF by NICOLE DADDONA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope to god the dog doesn't chuck a tanty when I go to the footy tomorrow night. I want to see these Kangaroo Paws bloom so bad.

View attachment 1921213
There is some really great hybrid k paws around. The hybrids however are more susceptible to disease , ink spot. The blue/purple is awesome though we sold it at work a few years back. I don’t have the best soil for k paws ☹️

There is some really great hybrid k paws around. The hybrids however are more susceptible to disease , ink spot. The blue/purple is awesome though we sold it at work a few years back. I don’t have the best soil for k paws ☹️
I'm potting the lot of them. Don't have much choice.

I know right? Before the other week I'd only ever seen red kangaroo paws.
I’ve always wanted the black kangaroo paw, we had them in once at work and I missed out.

IMG_5010.jpeg

Kung Fu Wtf GIF by A24

OMG WANT!! I haven't seen these on any of the sites I was visiting....scurries off.
It’s not overly common as it is not the Anigozanthos species that your typical kangaroo paw falls under it is called Macropidia fuliginosa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back