Analysis Pick 5 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

On trade the last 3 picks to clubs for future picks. Hawthorm would love to get their hands on another 1st rounder to go with pick 15 to get wingard and plenty of clubs would be in line to swap future picks for 2nd rounders this year i would think. Remember picks can be swapped right up to draft night i believe
The last thing the Gold Coast cares about is future picks. I know you're desperate, but the reality is GC likely take two SA boys in the top 7.

The last thing the Gold Coast cares about is future picks. I know you're desperate, but the reality is GC likely take two SA boys in the top 7.
Maybe. Maybe those 2 SA boys don't hang around after their first contract or maybe they stay or maybe GC take the king twins...neither you nor me nor just about anyone else on this forum will know till draft night what happens

Maybe. Maybe those 2 SA boys don't hang around after their first contract or maybe they stay or maybe GC take the king twins...neither you nor me nor just about anyone else on this forum will know till draft night what happens
I can guarantee you for 100% Gold Coast are not taking Ben and Max King with picks 2 and 3.

I can guarantee you for 100% Gold Coast are not taking Ben and Max King with picks 2 and 3.
You can can you. I have heard rumors from people i know in queensland that they are seriously looking at drafting them. There are also rumors that they may trade one of those picks. Time will tell but i rule nothing out because things that seemed certain can quickly change

You can can you. I have heard rumors from people i know in queensland that they are seriously looking at drafting them. There are also rumors that they may trade one of those picks. Time will tell but i rule nothing out because things that seemed certain can quickly change
Haha, you wish. "Rumors" from "people you know" in Queensland? :D Please.

The whole reason there are rumors is because people theorize they'll want to stay together being twins! What a crock of s**t! They're not going to take two 200cm beanpoles just because you SA clubs are desperate.

The answer to extracting value is to sell hope to the SA teams that they can get Lukosious Rankine and Rozee. It has already started with Freo selling hope with pick 6.

Question I have is how many times can it be sold? This will be fun to watch as a neutral. There again, my club might be dragged into it if Geelong think that is the right currency for Tim Kelly! After all, Weller was worth pick 2

The whole reason there are rumors is because people theorize they'll want to stay together being twins! What a crock of s**t! They're not going to take two 200cm beanpoles just because you SA clubs are desperate.
Ok. So you 100% know what GC are going to do eh. Read my comments properly as i doubt anyone on here does know what they are going to do and are unlikely to until it happens...same with all clubs. I call rubbish on anyone that says they do know unless they are on GC recruitment team

If Port is smart, they would've made an agreement with Freo during their pick swap to demand Pick 5 be involved in any deal for Neale - otherwise Freo walk away from negotiations and hold Neale to his contract. This keeps Adelaide out of the picture for Port.

How does it keep Adelaide out of the picture? What stops Freo from simply trading pick 5 to Adelaide for a godfather offer, or St Kilda or Gold Coast doing the same?

Especially knowing Rankine doesn’t want to leave the state

Complete bullshit. Rankine has openly stated that he's happy to move. This rumour was cooked up by a bunch of idle speculators and has been proven false.

I have heard rumors from people i know in queensland that they are seriously looking at drafting them.

Yeah I can make up rumours too and claim they're from wherever I want them to be from.

Exactly, plus it only takes one of those twins to decide he wants out and guess what the other will want to do also.

Ok. So you 100% know what GC are going to do eh. Read my comments properly as i doubt anyone on here does know what they are going to do and are unlikely to until it happens...same with all clubs. I call rubbish on anyone that says they do know unless they are on GC recruitment team
So including yourself then .I heard someone from Queensland .

How does it keep Adelaide out of the picture? What stops Freo from simply trading pick 5 to Adelaide for a godfather offer, or St Kilda or Gold Coast doing the same?

Complete bullshit. Rankine has openly stated that he's happy to move. This rumour was cooked up by a bunch of idle speculators and has been proven false.

Yeah I can make up rumours too and claim they're from wherever I want them to be from.
Whatever you say bananas!... ignorance is bliss i suppose.

Rankine in his first interview on channel 10 this year, when he was asked his preference, came out and said hed rather stay in adelaide and that hes a crows supporter and hed built a great relationship with eddie betts..

Then after that someone organised a manager for him and he was quite obviously given some friendly “guidance” on what to say and not to say when asked such questions.. so as not to get himself in the shite..

Subsequently in following interviews, when asked his prefered destination, his response became “yeah, whilst i would like to stay in adelaide, I will be happy to go wherever i am drafted and ‘play a roll’ at that club”

“Play a role”!!.... wow, that instills confidence doesnt it!... not “im gonna become a big part of that team”... just “im gonna play a role”... how much more “manufactured” a response can you give!

Amazing what the fear of fines and draft sanctions can bring.

And in recent months the same noises have come from luko too..

But believe what you will bananas... you can have your opinion and I’ll have mine...

Rankine will go to whatever club picks him and “play a role”, but my money would be on him looking to be traded home at the first opportunity.

So including yourself then .I heard someone from Queensland .
Read my posts..i am saying and have said more than once in this thread that no one knows what will happen. How many predicted scully would all of a sudden decide he wants to leave and go to the hawks?. Things change and can do so quickly. SOS only yesterday said that pick 1 might be on the table..who would have thought that..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever you say bananas!... ignorance is bliss i suppose.

Rankine in his first interview on channel 10 this year, when he was asked his preference, came out and said hed rather stay in adelaide and that hes a crows supporter and hed built a great relationship with eddie betts..

Then after that someone organised a manager for him and he was quite obviously given some friendly “guidance” on what to say and not to say when asked such questions.. so as not to get himself in the shite..

Subsequently in following interviews, when asked his prefered destination, his response became “yeah, whilst i would like to stay in adelaide, I will be happy to go wherever i am drafted and ‘play a roll’ at that club”

“Play a role”!!.... wow, that instills confidence doesnt it!... not “im gonna become a big part of that team”... just “im gonna play a role”... how much more “manufactured” a response can you give!

Amazing what the fear of fines and draft sanctions can bring.

And in recent months the same noises have come from luko too..

But believe what you will bananas... you can have your opinion and I’ll have mine...

Rankine will go to whatever club picks him and “play a role”, but my money would be on him looking to be traded home at the first opportunity.
BC...there are none as blind as those who shall not see. Luckily the clubs will do their due diligence and work out fairly quickly where there is smoke there is fire

It might not completely keep Adelaide out of the picture, but it would at least help in some way you must admit. Port could also request that Freo take Pick 5 to the draft and not to on-trade it to the Crows as part of the terms for the deal.

It would make a fair bit of sense for them, should May also leave they'll need a KPD to go with a KPF and being twin brothers it does help with retaining them long term.

Wouldn't be be shocked if they went down that path, but don't expect them too. Most the noise is GC Lukosius and Rozee

Fair bit to play out still with Pick one apparently on the table, Should Lukosious go pick one pit then changes everything.

It might not completely keep Adelaide out of the picture, but it would at least help in some way you must admit. Port could also request that Freo take Pick 5 to the draft and not to on-trade it to the Crows as part of the terms for the deal.

Hogan deal may not be as dead as it seems, pick 5 may end up at the suns for May.

Port can request the sun and moon if they want to. Freo is its own club and can make its own decisions with its assets.

Port can request the sun and moon if they want to. Freo is its own club and can make its own decisions with its assets.

The point I am making is that Freo may have promised to keep a secret "gentleman's agreement" with Port as part of the terms of their Pick 6 swap ie. Port might not have agreed to the pick swap otherwise

Adelaide are chasing pick 4 now? I thought it was meant to be pick 3.

Predicting the final draft order from 1-7 is probably harder than predicting the ladder top 8 next year.

Or simply let them go to the Gold Coast and trade for them in two years from now..

Especially knowing Rankine doesn’t want to leave the state and in two years time when JJ and Tex are winding down and their salaries are reduced and a heap of coin can be thrown at Lukosius...

Might be damaged goods by then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back