List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

future first is rubbish, the list demographic of Carlton - age and experience would suggest they should be much further up the ladder. They will pop up the ladder at some point. By adding an experienced mid like Cerra could very well be next year. Especially with Curnow on the comeback trail.

future first is rubbish, the list demographic of Carlton - age and experience would suggest they should be much further up the ladder. They will pop up the ladder at some point. By adding an experienced mid like Cerra could very well be next year. Especially with Curnow on the comeback trail.

I don’t follow Carlton.

We're not going to get #1 or #2 from Hawthorn. And if they finish last, they can bend us over with the threat of the PSD.
I really dont think we'll get bent over with the PSD, Cerra isnt like that. Like Judd, he'll tell them to make sure we are compensated properly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra would be worth pick 1 though? Pick 5 with for years of fast tracked development.
He's not worth pick 1, however misguided historical trades are, he's not getting pick 1 by itself.

I'd do Cerra and pick 8 for pick 1 (Horne) and an early 2nd. At least one of the draft watchers (PMBangers) thinks he'd prefer Cerra and 8 over Horne and an early 2nd so it should be in the ball park

Why would Cerra go to Hawthorn? may as well stay here if thats the case, they don't even have the allure of Clarko anymore

I guess it would depend on what his motivations for leaving really were.

If it's truly just a location/family thing he wouldn't mind where he ended up... Hawks, Carlton or even North. The driving factor would (in theory) be getting the best deal for Fremantle.

Last edited:
Why would Cerra go to Hawthorn? may as well stay here if thats the case, they don't even have the allure of Clarko anymore
They and North can definitely pay him the most, Carlton have 1.5m+ in two eh half back flankers and Richmond arent paying him more than 600/650.

I hope not, that future 1st could be anywhere between 3 and 10 and we need the pick in the door this year

could also be pick 1 or 2.
Who knows.

not arguing we wouldn’t wNt the pick now, but north would be hard pressed to give up pick 1 or 2 this year. Better chance of them banking they’ll improve & hoping they done.

this also is assuming cerra picks north, Which i Seriously doubt

It seems a lot of us are in agreement that he is leaving. I think he is, surely he would know himself by now. This has Jeff White written all over it.

If he knew he was staying he would sign, otherwise he'd say nothing, which he is.

I don't like this picking a club stuff, but it has become the norm lately.

I just hope Freo play it tough and get what he is worth.

I guess I value a premiership shot more than money but maybe Cerra doesn't?

I still think he signs with us tho
Yeah, not saying that what he would do, but some would definitely take the money over the chance of a premiership and really, are Carlton and Richmond actually any closer to winning another flag then North/Hawthorn? Carlton have been poor for 20 years, Richmond are going to be hit the same way every dynasty team has been hit, spending some time down the ladder.

could also be pick 1 or 2.
Who knows.

not arguing we wouldn’t wNt the pick now, but north would be hard pressed to give up pick 1 or 2 this year. Better chance of them banking they’ll improve & hoping they done.

this also is assuming cerra picks north, Which i Seriously doubt

He’s good mates with Stephenson.

No guarantee we are after him either. The smoke has always been Carlton and Richmond but that doesn’t seem likely given their situations.

Back