List Mgmt. Pick 59 - Welcome Mitchell Crowden

Remove this Banner Ad

For those interested here are his SANFL stats from this year.
Mitch%20Crowden%202017%20SANFL%20Stats_zps7ud6nv4s.png

Does anybody have an idea what some of those Kicks and Handballs stat colums are;
That is; KE ?, KG ?, KI ?, KC ?, K Kicks, HE ?, HI ?, HD ?, H Handballs, D Disposals, CM Contested Marks, UM Uncontested Marks, M Marks, LM ?, CP Contested Possessions, UP Uncontested Possessions, FF Frees For, FA Frees Against, T Tackles, CHO Centre Hit Outs, CC Centre Clearances, HO Hit Outs, C Clearances, I50 Inside 50s, R50 Rebound 50s, G Goals, B Behinds, SA Score Assists.

I heard a SA interview with him, which I enjoyed. He sounds of good character. He talks a bit about his folks farm and cattle and life. If he's any good, I hope we can wrap our arms around him to stop him being lured back to SA.
( https://soundcloud.com/sanfl/croweater-catch-up-with-sturts-mitch-crowden )

I've got him as an Emergency in my lineup ahead of SSSMJ, Grey, Langdon etc

We have literally 0 depth once we go past our best 22, so it won't take much to be the best of the rest.

Excellent kick, physically ready to go with senior experience already. Should be fighting for a spot for round 1, but we all know how hyper conservative Ross is with the kids, so who knows.

Last edited:
I've got him as an Emergency in my lineup ahead of SSSMJ, Grey, Langdon etc

We have literally 0 depth once we go past our best 22, so it won't take much to be the best of the rest.

Excellent kick, physically ready to go with senior experience already. Should be fighting for a spot for round 1, but we all know how hyper conservative Ross is with the kids, so who knows.

Can you please rename your best 22, as I am continually chopping and changing players on the fringe? i.e. I’m forced to leave out 3 or 4 that I actually want to play. This personally hasn’t been the case for years - even when we were contending.

I'm assuming KE is kicks effective and ki kicks ineffective
kc kick resulting in a clearance
he handballs effective
hi handball ineffective
hc handball resulting in clearance

Agree with effective and ineffective but I think KC and HC are clangers.

Does anybody have an idea what some of those Kicks and Handballs stat colums are;
That is; KE ?, KG ?, KI ?, KC ?, K Kicks, HE ?, HI ?, HD ?, H Handballs, D Disposals, CM Contested Marks, UM Uncontested Marks, M Marks, LM ?, CP Contested Possessions, UP Uncontested Possessions, FF Frees For, FA Frees Against, T Tackles, CHO Centre Hit Outs, CC Centre Clearances, HO Hit Outs, C Clearances, I50 Inside 50s, R50 Rebound 50s, G Goals, B Behinds, SA Score Assists.

I heard a SA interview with him, which I enjoyed. He sounds of good character. He talks a bit about his folks farm and cattle and life. If he's any good, I hope we can wrap our arms around him to stop him being lured back to SA.
( https://soundcloud.com/sanfl/croweater-catch-up-with-sturts-mitch-crowden )

There isn't a HD column, but I think HR is handball received.

I couldn't work out KG or LM, both seem to be rare stats happening roughly 5-10 times a game.
Here's the stats from Crowden's reserves GF for example.

Can you please rename your best 22, as I am continually chopping and changing players on the fringe? i.e. I’m forced to leave out 3 or 4 that I actually want to play. This personally hasn’t been the case for years - even when we were contending.

Ah yes - Every year in the off season the story is our depth is amazing, until they actually have to play. Just like every year the last 2.5 drafts we nailed. 3 drafts ago is always when players start to be revealed as scrubs who will never make it and are delisted etc. Unless it’s 2008 draft which we actually did pretty much nail. Digressing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logue - Hamling - Hughes/Tucker
Wilson - Pearce - Ryan
Hill - Fyfe - Hill
Bennell - Cox - Walters
Matera - Sandilands - McCarthy
Darcy - Neale - Blakely

Mundy - Brayshaw - Cerra - Hughes/Tucker

Pretty stock standard 22 with a firm no scrubs policy. Tossing up between Hughes and Tucker on the field as Hughes isn't as clean as Tucker, but better defensively and helps our balance considering the rest of our smalls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logue - Hamling - Hughes/Tucker
Wilson - Pearce - Ryan
Hill - Fyfe - Hill
Bennell - Cox - Walters
Matera - Sandilands - McCarthy
Darcy - Neale - Blakely

Mundy - Brayshaw - Cerra - Hughes/Tucker

Pretty stock standard 22 with a firm no scrubs policy. Tossing up between Hughes and Tucker on the field as Hughes isn't as clean as Tucker, but better defensively and helps our balance considering the rest of our smalls.

Cheers for that.

So for depth I would have Langdon (the forgotten man), Jonno & Ballas (the “old but once were very good” brigade), Tabs (I saw enough in his development last year to suggest he can bring something soon on a more consistent basis - close B22 call between him and Cox for mine) and hopefully we’ve hit gold with at least one of the other 2017 draftees (Crowden seems to be the popular early nomination at this point).

That equates to acceptable depth (again imo) of 5 players outside your B22 above.

It also leaves the likes of Spurr, DP, Kersten, Sherro, Sutcliffe, Apeness to ply their wares with Peel with a host of other developing players to support them.

It would be hard to get a game early particularly when 1st year players can only do 80% training load

I can't wait to see him though

It would be hard to get a game early particularly when 1st year players can only do 80% training load

I can't wait to see him though
Ultimately I think it will come down to a green kid that can kick or an old hand that can't. It will be as much about other players digging their own grave as Crowden forcing his way in.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is a midfielder but will most likely debut forward. I struggle to think of which old hand would be keeping him out. Much more likely that Brayshaw and Cerra will keep him from getting a debut.

He is a midfielder but will most likely debut forward. I struggle to think of which old hand would be keeping him out. Much more likely that Brayshaw and Cerra will keep him from getting a debut.

So who would he displace from Muff’s B22 above, assuming as you say that Brayshaw and Cerra both play? I think it’s highly likely Crowden bides time for injuries before he gets his chance.

I hope they opt for the young and think Ross will muff
I think the decision is made for him. If he's giving the old guard scrubs a game when we've got kids available at Peel, the members will lose their s**t sooner rather than later.

The mob has already turned on Ross IMO. His beligerant reluctance to be creative and proactive is alienating a lot of supporters.

Who is keeping Brayshaw and Cerra out of the team? If those two are playing, who else is ahead of him?

Last edited:
So who would he displace from Muff’s B22 above, assuming as you say that Brayshaw and Cerra both play? I think it’s highly likely Crowden bides time for injuries before he gets his chance.
Langdon and Tucker both clearly ahead of him after which he competes with North, Banfield, Switkowski and Grey depending on form and role. Getting half a dozen games next season would be a good outcome for him.

So far the transition of the team has been well handled and I just expect that to continue. Opportunities will be available however they are more likely toward the middle of the season for several obvious reasons. It is a difficult start for us, it gives young players an opportunity to build form and to understand the role they will be asked to perform. It gives them the opportunity to be successful if they do get a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back