List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our rucks will be raided come end of year, we will see their trade value. Need to figure out a way to rotate Ladhams and Hayes through the team to ensure they are set to go once Lycett retires.

Got a good mix of young and old atm.

With young players able to step in on nearly every line. This is so much better for player development being able to bring them in gradually then just smashing them when they are not ready. Although, Its a pity that magpies aren’t playing this year.

pretty keen to just hit the draft again for a key defender, and another midfielder. If it means trading out Wines I’m ok with that.

I do like that Ken is trying to get younger players to be able to play 2 positions - both forward and mid - like SPP, Rozee, butters. This will ultimately extend their careers and fatten our list even further.

Our rucks will be raided come end of year, we will see their trade value. Need to figure out a way to rotate Ladhams and Hayes through the team to ensure they are set to go once Lycett retires.
Lycett is only 27. Don't see how we keep both Ladhams and Hayes for 3-5 more years.

Lycett is only 27. Don't see how we keep both Ladhams and Hayes for 3-5 more years.

Need three rucks on a list. Only way our list gets raided is if someone gives a giant offer to Ladhams, and even then he's contracted for 2 more seasons so the draft capital they'd have to give up would be quite high. I dont see that happening. Cant see a team poaching Hayes either.

I dont trust Lycett to ever play a full season. And if we go to a 2 ruck model going forward with Westhoff to retire soon, makes all the sense in the world needing 3 rucks in the squad.

Need three rucks on a list. Only way our list gets raided is if someone gives a giant offer to Ladhams, and even then he's contracted for 2 more seasons so the draft capital they'd have to give up would be quite high. I dont see that happening. Cant see a team poaching Hayes either.
If Hayes doesn't get games, he'll want out.

If Hayes doesn't get games, he'll want out.

He will get games, how long ago was the ACL? If list sizes are getting cut back is a team going to poach an untried Ruck prospect on one good knee?

Hayes can bide his time for now, keep rocking up and getting better each week. I think he needs to get really strong it the contest, Lade/Primus like, let Ladhams jump and wear down an oppo for 15 mins, then have Hayes feeds on the Carcasses of the Ruck/Second options for the last 10 mins of quarters.

There will be plenty of interest in both Ladhams and Hayes at the end of the year. Wouldn't be surprised if they are rated as the no1 and no2 young rucks getting around.

The Saints went after Sam Draper last year with a long-term deal despite his ACL injury, he re-signed with Essendon for 4 years. Lot of clubs will be looking for a ruckman again.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/af596e3c26426cc3b959b59926c4c46a

There will be plenty of interest in both Ladhams and Hayes at the end of the year. Wouldn't be surprised if they are rated as the no1 and no2 young rucks getting around.

The Saints went after Sam Draper last year with a long-term deal despite his ACL injury, he re-signed with Essendon for 4 years. Lot of clubs will be looking for a ruckman again.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/af596e3c26426cc3b959b59926c4c46a
In our List Management team we trust

Boak and Gray remain two of our most important players. Remove them and our midfield suddenly looks very young. If Wines goes, we look even younger and small.

So, if we are a ‘premiership’ chance in the next year or two, we need immediate fixes for this. If we aren’t, then we need options that will grow with our current young crop. So, if option two, then we should trade Lycett to GWS, play Hayes and Ladhams and get a good mid or two from GWS.

Boak and Gray remain two of our most important players. Remove them and our midfield suddenly looks very young. If Wines goes, we look even younger and small.

So, if we are a ‘premiership’ chance in the next year or two, we need immediate fixes for this. If we aren’t, then we need options that will grow with our current young crop. So, if option two, then we should trade Lycett to GWS, play Hayes and Ladhams and get a good mid or two from GWS.

interesting theory. But I suspect that GWS would not have the salary cap to go and recruit a high quality ruck like Lycett.

The best thing about a Gray or a Boak, even when not at their best, they need an honest defender/opponent. Gray only needs 2-3 plays a game to turn it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lycett Ladhams Hayes

Primus Lade Brogan

We can keep all 3. Realistically one of them will be injured leaving the other 2 to play. Just need to get Hayes tank up to scratch and give him games.

I think we do need to try 2 rucks. But I think Hinkley likes the flexibility of a swing man.

Got a good mix of young and old atm.

I don't think our list is well balanced aged wise. Too many older players and too many Under 21's at the moment.

We need more in that 25-28 year olds who are in our absolute best 22.

If we give Dixon a new contract, Hoff another 1 year contract, Ebo's concussion doesn't get any worse and give him a 1 year contract, give McKenzie a 1 or 2 year deal then at Rd 3 next year we will have 10 x 30 year olds on the list. If we give Watts a 1 year contract that's 11. That is too many in my opinion. That means we have to win a premiership now.

In the Hawthorn 3 peat, their 2015 squad and GF they had the following
(I put 2012-16 premiership squads and GF side info at this post in Making Top 4 building to a flag thread #339 )

2015 Haw 6 x 30+ players and 9 x 27-29 year olds.
GF day 6 x 30+, 6 x 27-29, 8 x 24-26 and 4 x 250-299 games, 4 x 200-249 games 3 x 150-199 games 8 x 100-149 games 3 x 50-99 games 0 less than 50 games

By 2015 the Hawks had players sticking around and adding free agents to their squad to ensure repeated success. 2013 they had 5 x 30+ players and 6 x 27-29 year olds.

Our age demographics next year will be so much older than the Hawks 2015 squad.

We need more players in that 25-28 year bracket to sure up success. Great to have top end young talent, but they have no finals experience.

KT said we are trying to build the best U/23 squad. That's great to win a flag in 2025 but our older champions wont be around then.

Contract dates come from Forzaport's updated contract info in post #2 in this thread

1596592052454.png

I’d consider a Talia/Ladhams trade. Talia (28) will never play in a premiership if he stays where he is. They could be tempted to let him go as a complete rebuild is their main option.

This isn’t meant to be a complete trade. It’s a 10 year lead ruckman for a 4 year key defender but we will not be able to hold onto 3 AFL standard ruckmen for very long. We have no greater need than a mature key back.

I’d consider a Talia/Ladhams trade. Talia (28) will never play in a premiership if he stays where he is. They could be tempted to let him go as a complete rebuild is their main option.

This isn’t meant to be a complete trade. It’s a 10 year lead ruckman for a 4 year key defender but we will not be able to hold onto 3 AFL standard ruckmen for very long. We have no greater need than a mature key back.

If Ladhams has to go then i would rather he went to the cats than the cows... we might be able to do this deal

Ladham & pick 52 (3rd round) for cats pick 15 (1st round) & cats player - 196cm KPP - Krueger

Oh shewho, what have you done? :p

I don't think our list is well balanced aged wise. Too many older players and too many Under 21's at the moment.

We need more in that 25-28 year olds who are in our absolute best 22.

If we give Dixon a new contract, Hoff another 1 year contract, Ebo's concussion doesn't get any worse and give him a 1 year contract, give McKenzie a 1 or 2 year deal then at Rd 3 next year we will have 10 x 30 year olds on the list. If we give Watts a 1 year contract that's 11. That is too many in my opinion. That means we have to win a premiership now.

In the Hawthorn 3 peat, their 2015 squad and GF they had the following
(I put 2012-16 premiership squads and GF side info at this post in Making Top 4 building to a flag thread #339 )

2015 Haw 6 x 30+ players and 9 x 27-29 year olds.
GF day 6 x 30+, 6 x 27-29, 8 x 24-26 and 4 x 250-299 games, 4 x 200-249 games 3 x 150-199 games 8 x 100-149 games 3 x 50-99 games 0 less than 50 games

By 2015 the Hawks had players sticking around and adding free agents to their squad to ensure repeated success. 2013 they had 5 x 30+ players and 6 x 27-29 year olds.

Our age demographics next year will be so much older than the Hawks 2015 squad.

We need more players in that 25-28 year bracket to sure up success. Great to have top end young talent, but they have no finals experience.

KT said we are trying to build the best U/23 squad. That's great to win a flag in 2025 but our older champions wont be around then.

Contract dates come from Forzaport's updated contract info in post #2 in this thread

View attachment 927869
Here’s the thing though Reh. Look at who will be in what age range by the time we lose those players..

by the time westhoff Gray boak rocky Motlop and ebert are all gone in 2022 and possibly dixon and Hartlett finishing or nearly done..

we will have Jonas clurey lycett Dbj Amon burton wines (if he stays) Houston Bonner McKenzie mayes Ladhams Powell-pepper Marshall atley and Drew all in the 24+ year old category. 14 of those are already first 22 quality players.

with Farrell rozee butters duursma all on 50+ games as early 20 somethings.

I’m very bullish on the reliability and leadership qualities of the next batch coming through in Dbj Houston and co to be consistent senior players.

not too mention the fast tracking of super reliable guys like butters and duursma who will be on 100+ games in the blink of an eye.

Here’s the thing though Reh. Look at who will be in what age range by the time we lose those players..

by the time westhoff Gray boak rocky Motlop and ebert are all gone in 2022 and possibly dixon and Hartlett finishing or nearly done..

we will have Jonas clurey lycett Dbj Amon burton wines (if he stays) Houston Bonner McKenzie mayes Ladhams Powell-pepper Marshall atley and Drew all in the 24+ year old category. 14 of those are already first 22 quality players.

with Farrell rozee butters duursma all on 50+ games as early 20 somethings.

I’m very bullish on the reliability and leadership qualities of the next batch coming through in Dbj Houston and co to be consistent senior players.

not too mention the fast tracking of super reliable guys like butters and duursma who will be on 100+ games in the blink of an eye.
this is a good post. We do need to phase out older players gradually. I feel like Ebert will definitely retire end of this season. Hoff may also too. I reckon R Gray finishes up end of 21. Boak can prob go on longer than the others given how well he looks after himself and prepares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back