News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As much as I am all aboard the Rankine train. It is still frustrating, seeing Stengle go so well. When we had him. I understand the culture stand we made, just sux.
Yeah it sucks. I wish the club would rethink its approach in this regard. Surely we can find a way to dicipline players without taking the nuclear option.

Don't believe you Rik Mayall.gif

West Coast is prepared to select Izak Rankine if he falls through to the pre-season draft, according to SEN SA host Michelangelo Rucci.

The out-of-contract Gold Coast forward is attracting interest from Adelaide, who are reportedly prepared to make the 22-year-old their highest paid player on a long-term contract.

Should Rankine request a trade to Adelaide and a deal between the Crows and Suns couldn’t be agreed, Rucci says the Eagles are waiting in the wings and ready to swoop.

“The trade has to be done, Gold Coast are going to demand a fair bit,” Rucci told SEN SA’s The Run Home.

“Who’s going to have the number one pick in the pre-season draft? North Melbourne, but you don’t expect them to go down that path. Number two is West Coast.

“I’m hearing West Coast are quite prepared to call Rankine’s name in the pre-season draft if they have to.

“They (Crows) have to do the deal.”

View attachment 1480616

West Coast is prepared to select Izak Rankine if he falls through to the pre-season draft, according to SEN SA host Michelangelo Rucci.

The out-of-contract Gold Coast forward is attracting interest from Adelaide, who are reportedly prepared to make the 22-year-old their highest paid player on a long-term contract.

Should Rankine request a trade to Adelaide and a deal between the Crows and Suns couldn’t be agreed, Rucci says the Eagles are waiting in the wings and ready to swoop.

“The trade has to be done, Gold Coast are going to demand a fair bit,” Rucci told SEN SA’s The Run Home.

“Who’s going to have the number one pick in the pre-season draft? North Melbourne, but you don’t expect them to go down that path. Number two is West Coast.

“I’m hearing West Coast are quite prepared to call Rankine’s name in the pre-season draft if they have to.

Rucci offended as usual

View attachment 1480616

Rankine's manager can say or even himself can say I want to return home to be with Family, why would West coast waste their time and money on him??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rankine's manager can say or even himself can say I want to return home to be with Family, why would West coast waste their time and money on him??
Exactly .....how many clubs have $850K left in their TPP, by the time the PS Draft comes along ......none !

The Clubs TPP room to participate in the PSD is established B4 it occurs .....you can't amend after the PSD

View attachment 1480616

Either way, GC won’t want to receive nothing for Rankine, that’d be pure incompetence if they were to give up an opportunity to receive a top five pick out of pettiness

Either way, GC won’t want to receive nothing for Rankine, that’d be pure incompetence if they were to give up an opportunity to receive a top five pick out of pettiness
I'm of the belief the PSD won't come into play .....and both clubs will get an equitable deal done

Should be our #6 ....like all these scenario's, they're usually not that straight forward

I'm of the belief the PSD won't come into play .....and both clubs will get an equitable deal done

Should be our #6 ....like all these scenario's, they're usually not that straight forward
Agreed. Won’t be a simple deal, but there’s a ton of media beat-up right now to make it seem like both sides are agitated about the prospect of completing a deal, when that’s probably far from the case

Exactly .....how many clubs have $850K left in their TPP, by the time the PS Draft comes along ......none !

The Clubs TPP room to participate in the PSD is established B4 it occurs .....you can't amend after the PSD
I hope we didn't offer 850 over the length of the contract. I presume it would only be front loaded at that money and would average out to around 650-700 over the length of the contract. Surely we only needed to offer him more years than GC at the same money to get him to sign. Playing for the crows in front of 45k in his home state should sell itself over playing for a plastic franchise in front of 5k. If he is injured then a pick in the late 20's should get it done or its psd.

Last edited:

The AFL are watching this deal go down, they always get what they want. Crooked bastards!

We've offered $4mill over 5 years so you would assume it's front ended

View attachment 1480616

Stopped reading at Michelangelo.

Any Port jealousy come through in the article?

View attachment 1480616

Lol, Rooch making up anti-Crows s**t again. He should have read the top-100 paid AFL players as Weagles clearly don't have much cap space.

I would be more concerned about the Roos, not that it will come to the PSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back