Club History Port 150 documentary

Remove this Banner Ad

The feature film doco is playing this weekend. There are still seats available but not many. The Special Legends screening session 6.45pm Sunday with Tim Ginever hosting an introductory Q&A at the screening with Port Adelaide legends was sold out when it first was released in November.

If you want your $5 member's discount you have to dig up the original email in November with the Code in it. The Woman from the Film Festival took a couple of days to get back to me about it, so I booked before she called.

Session times, vacant seats per session, and online bookings can be found at;

Will this be available to watch/purchase in the coming weeks after the theatrical release?

i was hoping the same. I have asked Norts if there are further screenings. There was initially one proposed for Alberton.
I can’t make any of this weekends sessions😥

i was hoping the same. I have asked Norts if there are further screenings. There was initially one proposed for Alberton.
I can’t make any of this weekends sessions😥
When Matthew Richardson was on 5aa the other night he said that Wallis Cinemas would be screening it at some stage as well, so there is bound to be info coming from the club about it before long.

Still quarantining so cannot get there. Legally allowed to attend tomorrow, but one test to go. Just playing safe.

Will try to see next time.
There are sessions on Sunday.

Went to the doco this arvo. Its all black and white.

Director Nicole Miller spoke before the screening for a few minutes and said 1) Covid and the success of 2020 season changed focus of the film and 2) it will be shown at general cinemas in a couple weeks time.

Hope it gets shown around Oz even it is only a couple of screens in each major city. Reckon it will be an eye opener for some non Port footy fans.

1st half was history, of the Port as well as the club and a few of the talking heads from the Ch 7 Onward to Victory doco repeat what they say there. So 5-10% is repeated. Some famous footage is repeated.

2nd half and I looked at my watch and it said 12.45 and it started just before 12.10, they start footage from 2020. There were a few longer interviews with passionate fans as well as players, coaches, administrators. Great little piece with a 10 year old fan who helps dads army guys who have told him he is on a 50 year apprenticeship before he can join.

Loved it.

Last edited:
Just back from the session. I teared up a few times. So good. Football, community, supporters, history, the club, individuals. A lot on 2020. You will love it.

Really makes you realise how widely the club connects with supporters and community, not just local but the Port diaspora.

Getting a national release so those of you out of SA will get a chance to see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long shot but I’m looking for a spare ticket to a showing tomorrow.
I wasn’t sure I’d be around this weekend so didn’t get any!

Every ******* time I see this thread I think “What the * is an “I 50” documentary? It takes a few seconds and I’m back to 150.

Every ******* time.

Went to this arvo's session, loved it. Lot's of emotion, either tears or smiles. Struggled not to start cheering in a few spots. Daniel Norton was in attendance and getting lots of congrats and good feedback. Great achievement by all concerned.

Just back from the session. I teared up a few times. So good. Football, community, supporters, history, the club, individuals. A lot on 2020. You will love it.

Really makes you realise how widely the club connects with supporters and community, not just local but the Port diaspora.

Getting a national release so those of you out of SA will get a chance to see it.
Going today. Can't wait

There was a great 5 minute or so segment with Ross Agius mainly down at the beach at Largs Bay. I haven't seen Ross interviewed for over 30 years.

I had to check when I got home, on my thought during the film that he is our oldest living Aboriginal premiership player. Indeed he is and was our second Aboriginal premiership player after Richie Bray who won 3 flags in 1962-63-65 and passed away in late 2017. Wanga's was the next one in 1990.

Ross talked about Port's welcoming attitude towards him and other Aboriginal players, said he copped some racism from other clubs' fans, but not Port fans, is still close to people at the club and was grateful when the club invited him to the Indigenous Round game against the Hawks last year and before the game the club gave him ( and all ex Aboriginal players who attended) the guernsey that the team wore out with the 62 names of Aboriginal players who have represented Port Adelaide FC.

Ross kicked 3 great goals in the 1980 GF - we won by 2 goals 6 behinds - they showed footage of them, and had a great year kicking 60 goals to go with Tim Evans' 146 goals. He never reached those heights again, playing only 50 odd games for just over 100 goals with his last A grade game in 1984.

The TV interview of him in the rooms after that 1980 GF was a treat to see again after so many years. So young and fresh faced, he was 18, a few months older than Bruce Abernethy.

Couldn't help at the time, but contrast Port's attitude to Aboriginal players to another club that wears black and white and had been in the news all week about their long history of racist attitude.

There was a great 5 minute or so segment with Ross Agius mainly down at the beach at Largs Bay. I haven't seen Ross interviewed for over 30 years.

I had to check when I got home, on my thought during the film that he is our oldest living Aboriginal premiership player. Indeed he is and was our second Aboriginal premiership player after Richie Bray who won 3 flags in 1962-63-65 and passed away in late 2017. Wanga's was the next one in 1990.

Ross talked about Port's welcoming attitude towards him and other Aboriginal players, said he copped some racism from other clubs' fans, but not Port fans, is still close to people at the club and was grateful when the club invited him to the Indigenous Round game against the Hawks last year and before the game the club gave him ( and all ex Aboriginal players who attended) the guernsey that the team wore out with the 62 names of Aboriginal players who have represented Port Adelaide FC.

Ross kicked 3 great goals in the 1980 GF - we won by 2 goals 6 behinds - they showed footage of them, and had a great year kicking 60 goals to go with Tim Evans' 146 goals. He never reached those heights again, playing only 50 odd games for just over 100 goals with his last A grade game in 1984.

The TV interview of him in the rooms after that 1980 GF was a treat to see again after so many years. So young and fresh faced, he was 18, a few months older than Bruce Abernethy.

Couldn't help at the time, but contrast Port's attitude to Aboriginal players to another club that wears black and white and had been in the news all week about their long history of racist attitude.

A segregated history that I, as a young 32 year old, think so distant. However to think Wanganeen was only our Third Indigenous Premiership player (I thought Harold Oliver was of First Nations background?) is an atrocity when we have won so much silverware.

I’m not for Tokenism, but very proud we were pacesetters in the mid-late 00’s, and proud we hold/held the record for most indigenous footballers taking the field during the same match.

I hope the Alberton Oval development eventually comes to fruition, housing boarders for further education. Such a shame that such a big part of our history as a nation is unspoken, not recognised and not taught in our classrooms.

It’s not just a footy club, we impact our community and have an opportunity to really make a difference in Australian culture moving forward over the next 100 years. It’s always been out MO, doing what’s right, not what’s easy.

Last edited:
Loved the Premiership timeline - watching the premierships add up decade after decade demonstrates the incredible success of our football club.
To think what could have been: we've been runners up almost as often we've won the GF!

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Without defeat, success doesn’t feel nearly as satisfying.

This was highlight for me too. The connection with indigenous players and associated communities. Something we should proud of as a club.

That Richmond loss still hurts....

Loved the Premiership timeline - watching the premierships add up decade after decade demonstrates the incredible success of our football club.
To think what could have been: we've been runners up almost as often we've won the GF!

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
In the SANFL, its 33 wins v 30 losses = 63 GFs (since 1997 its 2-4)

When you factor in the league system was used between 1877 and 1897 inc, and a stupid system for 2nd places between 1923 and 1926 inc, when if the losing grand finalist won less games than the 2nd side who was knocked out in the SF 2 v 4 SF (and before PF was invented), the 2nd side who didn't make the GF was given 2nd place. Happened to us 1925 and 1926.
Its then;
36 premierships v 38 2nd places.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back