C Section Premier C - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to know people's thoughts on the Preston/UHS game this week. I would have thought the Bullants were strong favs but UHS have been up a great fight the last few weeks while Preston seem to have gone backwards. I am surprised by how difficult the Calcedo boys have found promotion. Sean with two league BnFs and only in the best once. Could be the coaching staff playing funny buggers though. I think it is very very safe to say both teams will go down, but I do hope they can be more competitive as the season goes on.

Is anyone here affiliated with OG? Surely they have injuries up forward at the moment? Their forward line did not look even slightly dangerous last week.

A quick scan indicates Ormond have used 30 players to Rd 7. That does not really suggest a club decimated by injuries and plenty would have turned over a lot more than 30 by this point of the season. Having said that it is not always how many but who. They have just destroyed one of the other so-called contenders by almost 100 points so think they are in reasonable shape.

It's a funny one JJ, supporters bemoaning their clubs injuries - you see it all over the local forums. At the end of the day you can only have one 'Best 22', and in my experience, when a club does have injuries to players (who are thought to be in your best side at one point in the year) you're likely to find guys from the Reserves and U19s who actually cement their own spot in the best-side/replace the injured players. Everyone has injuries - as you say it's about quality, not quantity.

FWIW this isn't a shot at Bedders or Ormond, just an observation reading multiple local forums on BF. Not sure what the scenario at the Gunn is!

Would love to know people's thoughts on the Preston/UHS game this week. I would have thought the Bullants were strong favs but UHS have been up a great fight the last few weeks while Preston seem to have gone backwards. I am surprised by how difficult the Calcedo boys have found promotion. Sean with two league BnFs and only in the best once. Could be the coaching staff playing funny buggers though. I think it is very very safe to say both teams will go down, but I do hope they can be more competitive as the season goes on.

Is anyone here affiliated with OG? Surely they have injuries up forward at the moment? Their forward line did not look even slightly dangerous last week.

With the greatest of respect to them, I saw the Calcedo's in two seasons (2018 and 19) in D1 and I wouldn't have had either of them in the best 5 players in the comp. Notwithstanding they're good players, and I would think would be good players in Prem C, from memory both win quite a bit of ball on the outside. When your team is struggling against better, bigger mids, the easy ball doesn't find you as much. I have no doubt the coach is playing funny buggers, though.

A quick scan indicates Ormond have used 30 players to Rd 7. That does not really suggest a club decimated by injuries and plenty would have turned over a lot more than 30 by this point of the season. Having said that it is not always how many but who. They have just destroyed one of the other so-called contenders by almost 100 points so think they are in reasonable shape.
Correct JJ, there are a few top enders in the injury list sadly.

It's a funny one JJ, supporters bemoaning their clubs injuries - you see it all over the local forums. At the end of the day you can only have one 'Best 22', and in my experience, when a club does have injuries to players (who are thought to be in your best side at one point in the year) you're likely to find guys from the Reserves and U19s who actually cement their own spot in the best-side/replace the injured players. Everyone has injuries - as you say it's about quality, not quantity.

FWIW this isn't a shot at Bedders or Ormond, just an observation reading multiple local forums on BF. Not sure what the scenario at the Gunn is!

With the greatest of respect to them, I saw the Calcedo's in two seasons (2018 and 19) in D1 and I wouldn't have had either of them in the best 5 players in the comp. Notwithstanding they're good players, and I would think would be good players in Prem C, from memory both win quite a bit of ball on the outside. When your team is struggling against better, bigger mids, the easy ball doesn't find you as much. I have no doubt the coach is playing funny buggers, though.
Didn't take it as a shot mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mazenod vs Hampton Rovers
Old Geelong
vs Marcellin
Monash Blues vs Ormond
Old Mentonians vs Old Ivanhoe
Preston
vs UHS-VU

Few tough calls!

Rovers
Eagles look better to me
Ormond AFL to end the unbeaten run for my boys
Hoes by a whisker
Preston to breakthrough

Have a good weekend. Bedford there’s a cold one with your name on it tomorrow night upstairs

Watched a half at the Nods and Monash , both away teams blown away by terrible umpiring !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Give us a spell knackers

Tight n tuff all day, very entertaining footy. Monash looked sloppy for most of the first half under heavy pressure. Tidied it up and got the job done but Monds a pretty slick unit. Big Mac supreme again.

Give us a spell knackers

Tight n tuff all day, very entertaining footy. Monash looked sloppy for most of the first half under heavy pressure. Tidied it up and got the job done but Monds a pretty slick unit. Big Mac supreme again.
Big Mac supreme ffs . Well done , i know who was supreme .

actually dropped in and saw this match on way home. Just thought Monash run and carry and physical presence 2nd half was very good. Realise your upset but you need to chill bro.

Edit: Removed quote of deleted post - OTP

Last edited by a moderator:
actually dropped in and saw this match on way home. Just thought Monash run and carry and physical presence 2nd half was very good. Realise your upset but you need to chill bro.
Had you posted that reasonable opinion in the first place rather than the provocative stuff you wouldn't have drawn the reaction. But that wouldn't have achieved your purpose would it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back