Autopsy Round 1, 2023: Bombers beat the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Which commentators said Sam is clueless?
None - I said that, it's a term of phrase. They're saying, performances like last week don’t bode well for a coach. If people want to argue the minutia so be it - anyway let's move on. We have a game to all be excited about next week.

Different opinions are mostly ok, but if you’re going to state that the coach needs to be sacked after one game, call them clueless and then make a suggestion that you’re just reiterating what the media is saying(when they’re not) you’re posts and likely even your account won’t last long.

As crazy as this place can be sometimes we’d really like to see more reasoned and rational posts like the one we saw only a page ago from Elhawko. Not posters auditioning to be our board’s own self-depreciating Kane Corne’s looking for bites.

None - I said that, it's a term of phrase. They're saying, performances like last week don’t bode well for a coach. If people want to argue the minutia so be it - anyway let's move on. We have a game to all be excited about next week.

“Turn of phrase”.

And we were talking about you saying Sam was clueless and defended it by referencing commentators, so I assumed they must have said something similar. Of course crap performance leads to consequences, but you were the only one I saw laying it all squarely at the coaches’ feet.

“Turn of phrase”.

And we were talking about you saying Sam was clueless and defended it by referencing commentators, so I assumed they must have said something similar. Of course crap performance leads to consequences, but you were the only one I saw laying it all squarely at the coaches’ feet.
I’m retracting my comments - Sam is doing a brilliant job. He's got the team flying, looking forward to watching the lads on the weekend.

Different opinions are mostly ok, but if you’re going to state that the coach needs to be sacked after one game, call them clueless and then make a suggestion that you’re just reiterating what the media is saying(when they’re not) you’re posts and likely even your account won’t last long.

As crazy as this place can be sometimes we’d really like to see more reasoned and rational posts like the one we saw only a page ago from Elhawko. Not posters auditioning to be our board’s own self-depreciating Kane Corne’s looking for bites.
My position on the coach doesn't need to be taken out of context by quoting a few words from several lengthy posts explaining my position. I agree with the vast majority of commentators that performances like last week does not bode well for any coach - that's it. I never said anywhere that he needs to be sacked after one game.

I said he and the entire coaching group should be removed (at year's end) if these performances persist, or words to that effect.

Now I agreed to drop it and I respect your request. I'm prepared to retract my comments and apologise to anyone that was offended or upset.

My position on the coach doesn't need to be taken out of context by quoting a few words from several lengthy posts explaining my position. I agree with the vast majority of commentators that performances like last week does not bode well for any coach - that's it. I never said anywhere that he needs to be sacked after one game.

I said he and the entire coaching group should be removed (at year's end) if these performances persist, or words to that effect.

Now I agreed to drop it and I respect your request. I'm prepared to retract my comments and apologise to anyone that was offended or upset.
You do realize that we can still read what you wrote?

These are literally your words, verbatim.

Don’t blame the players. The coaches box is inept and woeful. A complete clean out is required at years end starting with Mitchell - he is clueless.

I think we should all be very grateful that our Sorting Hat did not say 'St.Kilda'!

You do realize that we can still read what you wrote?

These are literally your words, verbatim.

Don’t blame the players. The coaches box is inept and woeful. A complete clean out is required at years end starting with Mitchell - he is clueless.
Yes I do, not to labor the point, I said at year's end. There are also several other lengthy posts where I clarify my position regarding the coach. I note with interest that my comment to ‘not blame the players’ is ignored whilst other posters pile on the players and escape sanction.

Anyway, we're all on the same team, I apologise to the group for not been clearer and more articulate with my phrasing. I respect your request and hopefully we can move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Head scratcher? The entire football industry agrees that it was a pathetic effort and the system and structure was deplorable - which is a coaching issue, it's hardly a head scratcher and that performance is not an outlier. It follows similar performances against Geelong and Collingwood over the last month.

Some of us already have our data points which are based on actual performances - not feelings or emotions. If some want to wait an extra month or a year to eventually recognise the substandard performances so be it, that's ok. Some of us acknowledge it on arrival.

Similarly, if and when performances improve we won't wait a month or a year to acknowledge them either, we will recognise them on arrival aswell.

We are currently an irrelevant club, anchored at the bottom of the table and have been for 4 years. It's not an opinion, it's reality, no one is denying it. We’re currently last, we move on, it doesn't mean we don't support the club just because we recognise it and voice it.

As for my opinion of the Coach - I share Gil’s view and that of many others. Good luck to those Clubs and staff who are planning deep 5 year+ rebuilds. Why? Because the recent data suggests they won't survive. The fans will survive, we’ll still be supporting the club next year and 10 years from now. The industry however no longer tolerates administrations who continually achieve bottom 4 results. It's not an opinion, it's reality. So Sam and co have their work cut out. We don't wish it upon them, it's just reality. He's a big boy, he understands this, that’s why he gets paid the big bucks.

Bottom 4 finishes are terminal for coaches - it's just how it is.

So, some of us will continue to cheer on the boys each week, regardless of performances and we might make some comments based on those performances. No one is chucking anything out of any cot - we’re just stating facts - so yes last weeks performance, systems and game plan was atrocious! it does not bode well for the coach whichever way anyone wants to spin it - we're not buying the dribble. Onto next week.
Here use this to go buy yourself a clue.
1679475768477.jpeg

All the commentators saying we cut too deep can’t actually put thir pecker on the line and say which player(s) we should have retained.

Gunston obvious especially with Lewis out but we didn’t shop him around either

Comes down to omeara Mitchell and Howe

We are playing Mackenzie Worpel and Day. We move on👍

Most likely Omeara and Howe. Neither played round 1, for anyone.

Last edited:
All the commentators saying we cut too deep can’t actually put thir pecker on the line and say which player(s) we should have retained.

Gunston obvious especially with Lewis out but we didn’t shop him around either

Comes down to omeara Mitchell and Howe

We are playing Mackenzie Worpel and Day. We move on👍

Most likely Omeara and Howe. Neither played round 1, for anyone.

O’Meara played round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back