Review Round 14, 2021 vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about that. Bigfooty is significant microcosm of the entire club, with some fairly influential members. Its followed & read by many AFL players, reporters, and club officials. As we have seen from the meetings with club officials, the views here are taken seriously.

That being said, sure we can voice our disapproval of things, our dislike of decisions, our questioning of certain appointments, etc. As members we have that right, and this forum is the perfect platform. But the incessant negative whining after a decent win, with zero input regarding positives, starts to grate after a while.
I'd be more concerned with a young player reading some of dribble that is written here. Hopefully they brush it off but we should always be careful in this space. One idiot called a young player a coward here once. Just not on

I'd be more concerned with a young player reading some of dribble that is written here. Hopefully they brush it off but we should always be careful in this space. One idiot called a young player a coward here once. Just not on
Back in the day supporters would say similar to player's faces at Alberton.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Back in the day supporters would say similar to player's faces at Alberton.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
You reckon? I call BS. You would have hit the floor before you knew what happened. You weren't around in that era me thinks. The dudes that do it here wouldn't have the balls.
You want to have a go at senior players or the coach for being spuds go ahead . I just think calling a kid who hasn't had a great period in his life a coward is pathetic.

Last edited:

You reckon? I call BS. You would have hit the floor before you knew what happened. You weren't around in that era me thinks. The dudes that do it here wouldn't have the balls.
You want to have a go at senior players or the coach for being spuds go ahead . I just think calling a kid who hasn't had a great period in his life a coward is pathetic.
So spot on. The vitriol directed to Riley Bonner on this board in the last few weeks has been disgusting.
Not one of those posters would stand with him and have a face to face conversation and say that to him.
They know that they would be most likely eating through a straw for the next 6 weeks.

So spot on. The vitriol directed to Riley Bonner on this board in the last few weeks has been disgusting.
Not one of those posters would stand with him and have a face to face conversation and say that to him.
They know that they would be most likely eating through a straw for the next 6 weeks.

Come on. I'm a fan of Riley's but that's just laughable.

I remember Darren Smith copping it week in week out from our own supporters much worse than anything that's said on here, and he was a good player.

I remember Darren Smith copping it week in week out from our own supporters much worse than anything that's said on here, and he was a good player.
Yea I know that Bomber. What is said in the crowd is just footy fans being footy fans. I doubt any of them would go up to him and call him a soft utensil face to face. If he didn't deck you one if his teammates would've.
Saying shite with mates at the pub, or in the crowd is a bit different to having a permanent record on line where thousands of people could read it

Yea I know that Bomber. What is said in the crowd is just footy fans being footy fans. I doubt any of them would go up to him and call him a soft utensil face to face. If he didn't deck you one if his teammates would've.

How is that different to posting here though?

I've never been silly enough to try it but I reckon saying the wrong thing at the wrong time to blokes like Neville Thiele, Bruce Light, or John Ede could have ended in tears, not to mention what would have happened for getting too personal with the likes of Dave Granger or `Blossom' Blagrove.

I've never been silly enough to try it but I reckon saying the wrong thing at the wrong time to blokes like Neville Thiele, Bruce Light, or John Ede could have ended in tears, not to mention what would have happened for getting too personal with the likes of Dave Granger or `Blossom' Blagrove.
Chicken Hayes would probably have fun too

Ask Greg Anderson. He often tells the story where a fan pulled him aside at an aftermatch function, and called him out on pulling out of a couple of contests in a game where he played quite well.

This has been my thinking since the bulldogs game. We’re gonna coast through to finals banking as many wins as we can and it doesn’t matter where or how many finals we play, it just matters if we show up or not. Our best is good enough. But if we aren’t capable of delivering that in finals, results like today’s aren’t worth a root in a whorehouse

How confident are you that we'll play our best football in finals, and how much would it cost us to build some insurance into our finals campaign by securing a double chance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the incessant negative whining after a decent win, with zero input regarding positives

first point, sure.

second point, that’s just not true. unless you’re referring to ‘zero input regarding positives’ in relation to the coach.

first point, sure.

second point, that’s just not true. unless you’re referring to ‘zero input regarding positives’ in relation to the coach.
You reckon? Here is an example of the quality of posts just from PAGE 1 of this thread after the final siren had barely sounded.:

Saturday at 4:19 PM
SACK BASSETT

Saturday at 4:20 PM
Meh, learnt nothing in that game other than we are still flat tracking this season.

We won, we didn't learn anything or prove anything we didn't already know, move on.

Saturday at 4:21 PM
That was sh*t

Saturday at 4:22 PM
What's the ******* point anymore.
They don't care.

We are not a great team, not a good team, we are a very average team that can't finish lesser sides off, 12 goals against this mob is pathetic.

Saturday at 4:23 PM
Weak.
should have been 100 points plus.

Saturday at 4:24 PM
We are the gatekeeper of the top 4.
We will never be anything more with that pisser at the helm.

You reckon? Here is an example of the quality of posts just from PAGE 1 of this thread after the final siren had barely sounded.:

Saturday at 4:19 PM
SACK BASSETT

Meh, learnt nothing in that game other than we are still flat tracking this season.

We won, we didn't learn anything or prove anything we didn't already know, move on.

Saturday at 4:21 PM
That was sh*t

What's the ******* point anymore.
They don't care.

We are not a great team, not a good team, we are a very average team that can't finish lesser sides off, 12 goals against this mob is pathetic.

Saturday at 4:23 PM
Weak.
should have been 100 points plus.

Saturday at 4:24 PM
We are the gatekeeper of the top 4.
We will never be anything more with that pisser at the helm.

yeah, the contention wasn’t that there isn’t criticism 🤷‍♀️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back