Review Round 14, 2021 vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Drew gave Wines a few of his 44 touches. He has a knack of snaking handballs out of packs and hitting a teammate in the clear.

We will take a 50 point win every time but I have to say Gold Coast are very close to the worst side we have played this year. We had plenty of good players today but the opposition was not strong.

If we played GC at Metricon every week Motlop would win a Brownlow he seems to enjoy playing the Suns up there. Good to see Connor Rozee put two good games together and also good to see Aliir back to his best after a downer last week. I also gave votes to Jarrod Lienert who was a marked improvement over Hartlett and Bonner. On the subject of Hartlett, when he was subbed on he seemed to attack the ball as if he had a point to prove.

Geez we cannot play a game without copping an injury.

Duursma, Butters, Clurey, Fantasia, Houston, Jones and now Gray and Jones again. When will it stop ?

It might not be so bad if we had some definite news about Butters and Duursma but they appear in the Club's TBC category re a return date.

We will take a 50 point win every time but I have to say Gold Coast are very close to the worst side we have played this year. We had plenty of good players today but the opposition was not strong.

If we played GC at Metricon every week Motlop would win a Brownlow he seems to enjoy playing the Suns up there. Good to see Connor Rozee put two good games together and also good to see Aliir back to his best after a downer last week. I also gave votes to Jarrod Lienert who was a marked improvement over Hartlett and Bonner. On the subject of Hartlett, when he was subbed on he seemed to attack the ball as if he had a point to prove.

Geez we cannot play a game without copping an injury.

Duursma, Butters, Clurey, Fantasia, Houston, Jones and now Gray and Jones again. When will it stop ?

It might not be so bad if we had some definite news about Butters and Duursma but they appear in the Club's TBC category re a return date.
I heard 2-3 weeks

You know how Leinert has stood out at SANFL last few weeks, basically he followed that visibility through to AFL. Hartlett looked no different to SANFL standard from what I saw, he’s past it, last year for me.
I actually thought Hartlett wasn't too bad when he came on. Wouldn't pick him next week as we need to move on but Hinkley probably will given the injury to Jones.

Did what we had to against a sub AFL standard ball club.

Q2 and Q3 were pretty slick, Q1 and Q4 very patchy.

Wines was immense and genuinely needs to be in Brownlow discussions now. Boak, Drew and Amon all great in midfield support.

Great to see Rozee back up last week's effort. Dixon likewise.

Motlop worked so hard from start to finish and played a top game.

The whole backline was supreme, led by Aliir. Lienert was great in his first game for the year - I reckon he is underrated and would be more than a depth player at many other clubs. McKenzie killed King.

Bergman played one of his better games I thought.

I actually thought Hartlett wasn't too bad when he came on. Wouldn't pick him next week as we need to move on but Hinkley probably will given the injury to Jones.

he was solid enough.

there was a moment not long after he came on when he was in the clear on the run about 55-60 metres out straight in front, and he decided to pull the kick to a 50/50 contest instead of his halcyon post-high money for jam.

maybe he was trying to do the team thing, but if he wants a permanent ticket back in, that was a superb opportunity for an audition.

Has anybody on this thread mentioned what a fat skank Dewie is? How could you be an obese embarrassment at a club with fitness, nutrition and exercise professionals around you? Hard to instill any discipline in your team when you have none yourself.
Sounds very judgemental based on someone’s appearance. Is being fat embarrassing?

Take the 4 points and run

what a crap game, at times it was almost unwatchable.

we will have to improve big time to beat sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously what has happened to this forum? It's become a hub of negativity. Sure it wasn't a pretty game but we are far from having our best 22 out there and we should be instead discussing the several positives that came out of this, namely Drew and Bergman having breakout games.
Probably stems from us doing this
1624097039002.png

Probably stems from us doing this
View attachment 1158985

So we should just run away and win unopposed by 100+? How many times has that happened this year? There were two teams out there and we took the foot off a little and they lifted a little. Maybe time to lace up the boots and have a go at it

Seriously what has happened to this forum? It's become a hub of negativity. Sure it wasn't a pretty game but we are far from having our best 22 out there and we should be instead discussing the several positives that came out of this, namely Drew and Bergman having breakout games.
Totally agree, plenty log on to 'celebrate' how much they dont like anything footy related but do enjoy trying to impose their negativity onto others - maybe they should just find a sport/activity that they actually like!

The issue is that we were wasteful.

Effort combined with opposition indicated a 100 point win. The poor efficiency that’s plagued every match was still there and will likely be there next week plus beyond. The cattle were good enough to destroy today despite the outs.

Has anybody on this thread mentioned what a fat skank Dewie is? How could you be an obese embarrassment at a club with fitness, nutrition and exercise professionals around you? Hard to instill any discipline in your team when you have none yourself.

Why have you got Rod Jameson as your avatar pic ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sucker for punishment so watched the game again. A couple of observations. Firstly has there ever been a forward in the game that gets manhandled and arms chopped as much as Dixon. It’s f**ken crap how it happens every week. The club needs to show some balls and call it out. Every farken week. Secondly, Jones is going to be a good footy player but at the moment he’s a little panicky and rushed. It’ll come with experience but Vossy needs to get in his ear and calm him down. Thirdly, the coaches may as well piss of the centre corridor approach. Our skills are far too poor and Geeze we turned it over a fair bit. Some criticism of Dixon about his last qtr but we are in trouble if him, Wines or Boak go down. Finally, McKenzie needs to stay in when Clurey comes back. Elite foot skills, composed and so strong overhead.

It’s hard to be up when we haven’t won a GF since 2004, Embarrassed since 2007, then seem the same repeat failures by different squads under Hinkley.
I attempt to get up every year but when I see the same mistakes happening over and over it gets tough

Also, it seems to be a common handbrake in our wins against lessor teams stopping blow outs.

check outthe games and look at the umpire teaming we’ve had in most. Slows the game and our ability to score in the last.

I can think Freeo, St kilda , Gold Cost etc etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back