Preview Round 17, 2021: Brisbane v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 10th July, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Lions

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish ….Max King trained fully .

Jones trained very well personally prefer him to play VFL …but think they pick him.

Clark / McKernan / Coffield in rehab group.

Frawley / Hannebery trained played in match simulation, think they might play VFL
How did Clark look Stew66 ? good that he is back out there

Unless there's an injury you'd think Connelly for Jones is a no brainer. Ross might spend some time back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing to see Connelly get another run. They're certainly backing the kid in. Not that he was necessarily poor last week, just expected him to go back to the 2s, but happy to see him get another run around.

It definitely shows that we are backing our kids in this year and giving them a good taste.

Higgins out is a big blow, he's been one of our most dangerous forwards, Jones is a handy inclusion though providing he can get through the game.

Connolly wasn't terrible last week but he's only a skinny kid so I'd rather have seen Battle or Kent in for him since Brisbane are a tough physical team.

Amazing to see Connelly get another run. They're certainly backing the kid in. Not that he was necessarily poor last week, just expected him to go back to the 2s, but happy to see him get another run around.

It definitely shows that we are backing our kids in this year and giving them a good taste.
I feel that in a way, the Sydney and Adelaide losses aren’t the worst thing. We have been bloody woeful on the whole this year. Third worst percentage in the competition. Getting one or two wins in those games would have painted over the cracks and ensured our whole focus was on maximising the season from a win/loss perspective. By getting to such a low point, it seems we have at least acknowledged that there have been some massive problems. Use this year to develop and reset for next year, then go again.

The big concern for me going into the game is our forward line. We just need some guys to step up and kick goals. Hard to see how we kick a score to win this unless we keep them to around 60 points.

We need some of Butler, King, even Membrey to step up and really influence a game, kicking 3+

The big concern for me going into the game is our forward line. We just need some guys to step up and kick goals. Hard to see how we kick a score to win this unless we keep them to around 60 points.

We need some of Butler, King, even Membrey to step up and really influence a game, kicking 3+

With Higgins out I would have thought Kent would be a good replacement as like Higgins he can bob up to kick 2 or 3 goals.

Our defence has been great in our last couple of wins which has meant we haven't needed to kick that many goals, I don't think we will have that luxury against Brisbane, we will probably need to kick more than 10 goals to win and nail our chances.

Exactly they have to start kicking goals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back