Preview Round 17, 2021: Brisbane v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 10th July, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Lions

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Higgins injury is minor and he doesnt miss much time. Jones back is a big inclusion. I suspect Byrnes will play more forward in Higgins role while Jones back in the mid rotation.

A bit surprised Connolly is staying in but happy to see him get some games. Playing against that Brisbane forward line will be a huge challenge but he doesnt seemed like the type of kid who gets phased by much so hopefully he takes it in his stride.

Unfortunate for Battle that he hasn't come back in. Sandy play on Sunday so even if he is sub, he could still some game time if he wasnt used. He needs a strong performance with Wood and DMac both in good form. I'd back him to get back into the side over the next few weeks.

Surprised not to see another tall brought in. We look very small down back, not sure Highmore is suited to playing on the real talls but time will tell.

Seems risky bringing Jones in. He always seems to take a couple of weeks to get going so I would not have minded seeing him have a game in the VFL to get going again, it's been a long lay off.

Shows how important the coaches think he is though bringing him straight back in.

Surprised not to see another tall brought in. We look very small down back, not sure Highmore is suited to playing on the real talls but time will tell.

Seems risky bringing Jones in. He always seems to take a couple of weeks to get going so I would not have minded seeing him have a game in the VFL to get going again, it's been a long lay off.

Shows how important the coaches think he is though bringing him straight back in.

At his best Jones can be a matchwinner, with our midfield being pretty solid now with Steele, Crouch and Dunstan we might be able to push him forward more to be a goalkicker which would help to fill the Higgins void. Jones knows how to sniff a goal like Higgins, he's a pacey dangerous opportunist.

Battle for Higgins would have made sense or Kent. I hope King's not too sore.

This to me is our biggest game of the year , lose and it just ensures we don't have a sniff of finals.
We have seen Dunstan re-emerge as a player but this is the game he will have to show the past few games have not been a flash in the pan , hopefully he has a ripper.
Win the clearances in the middle and we are a chance.

Kent can do what he likes in the VFL. As long as he stays there. Proven time and time again he doesn't have what it takes at AFL level.

Never seen a bloke drop so many easy marks or kick the ball out on the full so often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't help thinking that we might be using him badly. Hind looked great once he left in a better spot. Dunstan was rotting in the reserves etc. His stats last week look too good for VFL. My Melbourne mates rated Kent highly but he was a walking injury machine. He never got on the ground.

Perhaps we have a guy who isn't suited to being a small forward pigeon holed. He came to get midfield minutes and has had just about zero midfield minutes. I've probably bagged Kent more than most on here but it would be worth trying him as a HFF wing hybrid like they were playing Byrnes and DMac.

He played as a high half forward last year. He didn’t really play as a crumbing small forward at any time.

Just because Hind wasn’t played in his best position doesn’t mean that every other fringe player magically has a position that allows them to become a decent player.

And Dunstan deserved to be playing VFL after his AFL performances. Lets not re-write history after he plays a few good games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, we better take our chances with Brisbane, because Port are probably about to lose on their home deck and will be looking to bully a team lower then them next week (which happens to be us!).

There’s no reason we can’t beat Brisbane, and I’m still irritable about our loss to them in 2020, so for the sake of my Saturday night I hope we play with some bloody dignity.

Prediction: Byrnes to steal a rising star nomination from JUH, with a 20+ disp / multiple goal performance 😍😍

According to who?

It was on here, a journo said he didn't train but that was rebuked but someone else mentioned he was being managed.

I'm getting the feeling that Battle has signed on for another club which is why he's on the outer now, he'll probably be a star at the Bombers next year.

Reality is that none of us know what is going on and what Battle is thinking. As soon as he gets left out we immediately think he’s cracked it and will be leaving.

Maybe there’s things he needs to do and he’ll be working to do those things.

Anyway he looks happy enough for someone who’s ‘cracked it’.

64PRchA.jpg

I'm usually stupidly optimistic, but Lions forward line will monster our backline with only 1 kpd. Better hope it's very slippery..

Will have to lower our eyes going i50 as well
Yeah can’t see Harris Andrew’s not absolutely feasting on every single one of our i50s tbh

I got a football function Saturday night, and it’s going to be one of the first games in years that I’ll miss watching live. And I’m kind of not even upset about it either.

Who's the w***er at the AFL that can't come up with an adjective to substitute for 'luckless'?
If you think about any of the alternatives, their use would probably trigger a terse message from player agents:

Unlucky
Cursed
Damned
Unfortunate

Luckless is the only safe synonym

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back