Autopsy Round 21, 2023 : Hawks roast the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

How's that for a win?

What a performance from the midfield and Sic.

Take a bow Finn.

Enjoyable day, go at it.
Well done 👍 Awesome game and Collingwood fans “ oh we had the flu two weeks in a row hahahaha 😊

Awkward phone call incoming:

MM: "Hey Ben King, this is Mark McKenzie."

BK: "Hey mate. Wow, great win - I'm so excited to join Hawthorn!"

MM: "Yeah... about that... mate... we don't need ya..."

BK: "HAHAHA.... sorry mate, the line dropped out... sounded like you said you didn't need me..."

MM: "Yeah mate, we got Branden Ryan at MSD & he's an f'en jet... so... like... good luck at Gold Coast...:shrug:"

BK: "Mark... Mark...."

MM: "Beeeeeep......"
Lol honestly I think Ryan has more upside than King!

He could have had another 5 marks in F50. Hopefully AFL conditioning and his teammates not getting in his way in the pockets will see him grab them next year.

Finn Maginness has reportedly asked directions to the hospital, he's going to be holding on to Daicos while he gets his scans.

Outstanding across the park! Not one player was a passenger today. Sicily, Newk, Day, Nash, Worpel, Reeves, Impey, Bruest, Moore, Blanck, Morrison, Chad, Dimma and Lewis were all excellent.

Special mention to Finn who shut down the best player in the comp. Absolutely embarrassed him and if it wasn’t for 3 cheapies he would have had 2 touches.

How good are Ward, CMac and Weddle going to be in another 20-30 games? All three could be superstars.

Love Big Sticks and his presence. Our recruiting has been phenomenal recently.

Our best win in a long time given the quality of the opponent. Really played for the jumper for 4 quarters.

Blake Hardwick is the most underrated player in the comp

Even some of our posters were disagreeing with me when I was monumentally angry that he missed AA selection. He’s so criminally underrated internally and externally. Just does his job every bloody week and does it well.

I love this club.

I love this rebuild.

I love players like Morrison and Wingard making their haters eat giant bagsof dicks.
This is my favourite post of the year.

Morrison is the kind of role player who wins you flags - he's Michael Osbourne, he's Brent Guerra, he's Chris Wittman he's the unsung workman who does a job

Wingard has been desperately unlucky with injuries the past two years but at his best his silky skills will cut teams up.

This is has always been a work in progress but in two years we will play finals with an eye to winning a flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A great win for the team. This is the sort of game that engenders a lot of belief in players. In their ability and the team's. Considering the way they played early in the season trying to find some rhythm and balance the team has come a long way. Structure is important and Kozi and Scrima proved that again today. Not going to knock selection but have been puzzled when they have been left out. Kozi was very clean all day and Scrima is a classy defender. His front on hit/tackle on De Geoy was massive. Play of the day in game where there were many.

NEVER IN DOUBT, WE DID IT CRYPTOR, WE BLOODY WELL DID IT !!!!!

Shirt Streaker GIF by Bradford City AFC

Oh my god. My neighbours probably think there's been a murder since I was screaming like a ******* banshee.

What a game!

Notables:

Sicily: Give him an AA jacket now you flogs.

Anyone who complains about Ned not getting 20+ possies a game should probably temper that against the extra 50 he gives our mids. Absolute domination.

Josh Ward: He didn't flinch for a second and went hard it for that groundball. Absolute warrior. Picked himself up and was still running hard at the end. BEASTMODE!

Hardwick: Most underrated player in the comp?

Day, Nash, Worpel, Duke: Went in hard all day and towelled up their opposite mids.

Morrison: He looks fit again, and when on song he just delivers. Some people smash him for his delivery but is one of the best defensive runners in the team.

Chad: Welcome back mate!

Kosi: 2nd ruck suits him - gets him involved in the game.

I reckon our standout performer was Sam Mitchell. Absolute masterclass against the top team.

REPLAY AND WINE TIME!!

This win right here is 'the moment'. The moment that our kids instil the belief that they've got the right stuff. The scuffle in the third could very well be this teams line in the sand moment that let's everyone know that we're not to be f**ked with. Really proud of how we responded after they were gifted that double goal.

Proud as punch right now.

Darcy Moore is the Aldi version of James Sicily.

Even some of our posters were disagreeing with me when I was monumentally angry that he missed AA selection. He’s so criminally underrated internally and externally. Just does his job every bloody week and does it well.
He missed the u/23 AA when he was eligible for that too. He is a gun and should 100% be in AA contention this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back