Review Round 22: Dees v Big Jack's Hacks: the Good, the bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Good:

Bad:

Ugly:

• Michie, ANB and Weid were bad inclusions. Three tall defenders on a wet day was also a bad idea.
  • Just terrible effort - every 50/50 ball went to Carlton. Smashed at the clearances. Can't believe a team coming off 9 losses had more intensity than we did, and worse, you could see it was going that way in the first three minutes of the game. Jetta the only one I could see putting in consistently.
  • Letting them have a free man back all day. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I'm not sure who our free man was meant to be, but I certainly didn't notice him.
  • Viney and Gawn had their worst games of the season.
  • Zero pressure from the small forwards. Inexcusable in a game like this.
  • For a team full of inside mids, we sure are s**t inside. Brayshaw never went near it. Jones and Tyson had a lot of it, but that didn't help us. Oliver obviously hasn't got the tank yet.
  • Hogan needs to sort his head out. No point being good at contested marks if you're going to poo your pants ever time you have a shot at goal.

Uglier:

• My ever having had faith in this club.

Last edited:
Dont even know what to say, such a listless, disgraceful effort.

Jetta and Hunt the only guys trying to win the game.

How can we be 4 goals down half way through the last quarter and players just continue to go back behind the mark and take their time? No run whatsoever. No urgency whatsoever.

Skills were a disgrace.

Gawn and Weid terrible. Thanks Roos for dropping Pedo, cheers m8.

Our "we dont need anymore inside mids" midfield was smashed by two players, one of them Bryce Gibbs.

If i ever see your face again Viv Michie it will be too soon.

Carlton played average, they didnt do anything special, if anything they out coached us, FU MFC.

Fk hogan. Can mark it, and that's it.
Never seen a worse set shot from a "big forward" than him.

Cannot believe he's holding out for more cash- can only believe that he's not "all there" since he knows he's leaving.
Hopefully we bend Freo over a barrel when it comes to trade time, otherwise eject him off to the Lions!

Edit: no doubt his shrink will recommend he "must" go to Perth.. Another Lumambababa coming our way from the west!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan can go kick 1.4 in a struggling Fremantle side, really disappointing month from him.

Just a poor effort all round, this club continues to break the spirits of their supporters.

Hopefully Goodwin can motivate this group better next season, Roos has been fantastic in many ways, but we've looked 'off' from the get-ho far too often this year.

No side should concede a goal in the first minute of a game.

Right well personally I like Jetta and the McDonalds and Hunt.

WTF was up with Jones? Was weird out there.

Let's trade most of the team and go again with the rebuild. I'm a bit suspicious about Goody too. Is this psycho handball stuff we're seeing his contribution to the game plan? If yes then I'm going to struggle with my mood.

Good: I'm officially getting drunk now.

It's amazing we use statically one of the best ball winners in the VFL as a small forward

While we are getting absolutely slaughtered in the middle. SMH, nothing was done in the box whatsoever.

I pray Goodwin is better on his feet than Roos is, * always sticking with plan A til the death, use a bit of imagination to at least try to change the momentum when the ship is sinking.

It's amazing we use statically one of the best ball winners in the VFL as a small forward

Yeah I don't understand why ANB, Michie, Vince or anyone else wasn't given a run in the middle when we were getting smashed. Maybe it's because we went in too tall and didn't have the luxury of switching things round, but I didn't actually see any changes during the game that I can remember.

Badly outcoached today generally. At 3/4 time Mooney even suggested to Roos that we move someone forward to mark their loose defender, and he said "no, we're trying to get some run from our own back half". Yeah, because that had been working so well for us until then? o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back