Review Round 22: Dees v Big Jack's Hacks: the Good, the bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

While we are getting absolutely slaughtered in the middle. SMH, nothing was done in the box whatsoever.

I pray Goodwin is better on his feet than Roos is, **** always sticking with plan A til the death, use a bit of imagination to at least try to change the momentum when the ship is sinking.

Yeah it was like the Essendon game, nothing changed at all .. throw hunt forward put in hogan in the centre square whatever I'm not paid a million bucks to make moves but they could have tries SOMETHING

Good: Thought the backline was pretty solid. Wasn't Nev, Hunt, Frost or the Mac's fault we lost. Hogan's marking was good.

Bad: Tyson's tackling. Jones' game. Just getting ******* owned in the middle.

Fugly: Persisting with handball in the wet. Umpiring. Getting burnt again by this club. Roos selections. Again.

GOOD
- Jetta, continues to be an incredibly solid player for us
- Oliver, looks so composed with the ball in tight situations. Put on a few Kg and he will be a beast

BAD
- Effort from the outset
- Forward pressure
- Not playing we weather footy
- Set shots, we kicked 2.8 from set shots today with most of them being pretty simple

FUGLY
- Viney, got heaps of the ball but might as well not have shown up until the final quarter
- Vince, this past month has been mostly terrible for him. Hope it isn't a sign of the future
- Stoppages, absolutely killed by Gibbs and Cripps

I think the thing we all struggle with is the apparent lack of effort when there is everything to play for

That said - I do believe they were tired - lots of interstate travel and hype and so on. It was still a better year

Well that's what happens when you make needless changes to a winning side with no justification at all. And what happens when the players think they are better than they are.

Suggestion though, perhaps try to keep moving the ball forward when it's pissing down. I know I'm old fashioned but that's how you win in the wet. Also, if Carlton are playing spare men in defence, maybe we could leave a couple of players in the, you know, forward line. I know that's a weird concept but having someone within the same post code as Simpson would have helped. We did it against hawthorn but refused to today. Baffling. It us Melbourne though I guess

The only good is it's a swift kick up the arse to our coaches as well as the players. Big off season for us both development and strategy wise.

Remember this throughout the entire offseason Simon - good teams only handball when they have to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good: Carlton at $4.50 easy money, we are melbourne fc.

Those that talked about finals all through this week I hope it was good whilst it lasted

Tom Mcdonald was ******* sensational today probably the only one to not * up. Hunt was great too.

Bugg and Bernie Vince are dumb footballers. Yes umpires were bad but it didn't matter we were s**t.

Think I touched on it before but the players didnt turn up purely because they expected to win.

During the week some of the crap on here saying we should just focus on Geelong cause this games in the bag this is what happens. You should never underestimate any team and that shows with pathetic losses to Essendon and Carlton and that win against Gold Coast we should of lost.

Thought defense was good, with a special mention to Jetta and Hunt. Oliver solid. Didn't mind Weid's game actually, though we needed the composure of Pedo.

Conversion of AVB and Hogan was abysmal, as was delivered into the forward line. Why do they think that Kent can mark it against two taller defenders?

ANB and Michie gave us nothing at all. Stretch poor, Gawn and Viney did nothing until the last quarter, and that was about the worst game I've seen from Jones. The fumble when he could have kicked the team lifting goal was tear you hair out stuff.

All in all, just a massive choke really.

Think I touched on it before but the players didnt turn up purely because they expected to win.

During the week some of the crap on here saying we should just focus on Geelong cause this games in the bag this is what happens. You should never underestimate any team and that shows with pathetic losses to Essendon and Carlton and that win against Gold Coast we should of lost.

lol, Seriously, step back into reality sometime.

Big Footy didnt make us lose today.

* this sport. I don't know how it can pack a stadium full of 40,000 people who don't know the rules.. not even the players or the people umpiring the game know the rules.

So pissed off that we butchered so many opportunities and no name Carlton spuds were pinging goals from outside 50. How dare we even start to think we deserve finals.

They've been a bit too pleased with themselves of late. They need to realize that they actually have to work hard in every game.
Nothing has really changed in the last 50+ years. The last time i felt confident going into a game we should win was in 1964.

That's some Dr Whoooooooo s**t there

Didn't come to play, were unorganised, senior players made regular baffling decisions.

Selection was poor, I could kind of understand why we made those changes but I thought it was odd.

I think the club didn't realize how much the supporters wanted this win, they treated it like a game to have a look at Michie/ANB/Weid instead of our best team.

The last time I left a job, I had to give two weeks notice, and within seven minutes of doing that I'd already e-mailed my colleagues with half-arsed instructions for all the tasks I was responsible for before I finished. Well * me sideways, it turns out I'm Paul *in' Roos!

"Hey Roosey, it says here we drop someone for Viv Mitchie, are you sure about that?" "Yeah whatever it says in the e-mail sorry mate, I'm just a bit busy making sure I fit into this hula skirt before I head to Waikiki"

c19a27675b8ced03029e73711035fb62.jpg

Ever wondered what sort of campaigner buys those $600 commemorative framed posters that clubs rattle off whenever some vaguely important milsetone is reached? That's my mum's boyfriend Moustafa, he's got an entire "man-cave" plastered wall to ceiling with s**t-tier *in' Carlton posters which I'm sure he's luxuriating in right ******* now, the ******* prick. He's the sort of reprehensible turd that starts sentences with "I'm not a racist but..." and defends people like Eddie McGuire.

Well * Eddie McGuire, * Moustafa, * Roos, * Carlton, * everyone.

Seriously who the * thought giving Mitchie a game was a good idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back