Preview Round 23 - Essendon Bombers vs The Greater Western Sydney - Saturday, August 19th - 4:45 pm @ Unsponsored Stadium, NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be really cautious.. stringer and shiel both really bad coming off injuries.. both of them coming back in the same game would be stuff of nightmares.

Setters in for Kelly for mine. Kelly looks like a man looking for a position at the moment. Hepp has kept him out of the backline and he didn't look great up forward.

Personally I'd only make the two changes with Setters and Draper. Let the other two come back via the VFL and actually some some form first.
Shiel will only play VFL... id hope

Think it will be mostly like for like replacements

Ie Draper for Flip (Bryan has been better)
Caldwell for a SF since in practice he’s been playing as a small HF/mid
Stringer as Sub because he’s more of an c factor player then an endurance player
Setterfield in for another small player to increase team size

FB Redman - Lav - McGrath
HB Kelly - Zerk- hind
C Durham - Merrett - Martin
HF Perkins - Langford - Caldwell
FF Menzie - Wright - Hobbs
R Draper - Setterfield - Parish

IC Heppell- Sheil - Bryan - TBD

Sub: Stringer

Not sure who gets that final spot as there’s enough small players/midfielders. Probably between Baldwin/Tsatas

Personally I'd only make the two changes with Setters and Draper. Let the other two come back via the VFL and actually some some form first.

Nah. Bring 'em all in.

We have been so underwhelming the last few weeks despite winning that we need an absolute shake-up as a hail mary.

We need something that'll make the boys forget about the stink of recent and make them feel like they're expecting something new. Put some doubt in the oppo in thinking we're not the same either.

Think about it, what other team can bring in 4-5 players that would usually be part of the best 22 as a last hurrah? If we had been winning comfortably up until now I'd say we'd have the luxury of holding off, but that's not the case.

I'd rather go in with them and lose, than not and say what if.

Go all in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could see Stringer or Guelfi being demoted to sub and any of the emergencies coming in to the 22.

Selection integrity of 2022 has vanished into oblivion unfortunately

I actually think Baldwin has more upside than Lav.

Better Mark
Better kick

IMO Lav is at his peak, he ain't improving.

Hopefully Baldwin stays around but would not begrudge him if he left, he has more than earn't his place.

I actually think Baldwin has more upside than Lav.

Better Mark
Better kick

IMO Lav is at his peak, he ain't improving.

Hopefully Baldwin stays around but would not begrudge him if he left, he has more than earn't his place.

I actively want him to leave. Imagine coming into selections after the game he just had and watching Brad go with Zerk, Laverde and Kelly over you.

Just pure idiocy by Brad.

So much for not jeopardizing the long term for the short term.

Bringing in Jake Stringer after a month of no footy at all screams hail-mary to me in trying to make finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back