Preview Round 4 - Changes/Prematch Discussion vs Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look McKay hasn’t set the world on fire but its still in our best interest to be getting games into him. It’s not like Taz or Thompson have been much chop the last few weeks either. Plus omitting him this week leaves one of Pittard or JMac to play on Lynch, should of looked at brining Murphy in at least.

We’ve got Ahern, Jed and Zurhaar in so can’t complain. No issues with Bailey needing a rest. Time for Wood to put his foot down.

Worried about Thompson on Walker.
But McKay would've struggled also. We got some changes like we all wanted, just not sure the right players went out.
Come on boys!!

I quite like the changes for once this year. Those 4 ins when in form are exactly what we need.

Bailey could probably use a week off and maybe comes back for TT next week who will probably need one then. They clearly like Bailey so its probably just to keep them fresh.

We desperately needed some forwards in the side so its good to see 2 more listed this week.

Ahern, Jed, Cunners, Higgins, LDU with Hall, Polec on the outside - yes please

Great ins but Brown to ruck as Goldie's backup :drunk:

Bit light on in that regard and heaven help us if Tarrant/Thompson have a nightmare. This is the type of game that lynch will have a field day in. I would have kept McKay in as the spare ruck so that Brown can stay forward. When Goldy goes off and Brown goes into the ruck we have Ziebell and Wood as targets :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Jenkins?

Averages 3.2 goals a game at Docklands!!!

Dropping McKay is idiotic. Now he's over-corrected in a manner that shows he was clueless in the first place.

I mean, if you make these adjustements for Adelaide, then how on earth could he justify the 22 he selected that ran out against Hawthorn????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thompson will play on Betts, Taz will take Walker

One of their 3 big forwards is gonna have a field day. I'm betting it's whichever JMac gets to guard grass in the general vicinity of. People forget that Tom Lynch has kicked 10 goals in an AFL game. Jenkins has a bag of 8, while Tex has kicked 7.

Surely we are not whinging about these changes? Perennially outraged.

They're weak and undeserved changes.

Try and make a case right now for Mason Woods 3 shots on goal and missing, 7 disposals against Nick Larkeys 10 marks, 3 goals.
Or try to make a case for Macmillans contender for best of the worst games of AFL with being the leader in league wide turnovers.

Not even Tyson deserved to be dropped he's been fine.
Sure its great to see Jed back, and Ahern and Zurhaar if he stays in.

But theres addressing problems and then theres shifting things around to pretend like you've addressed those problems. Wonder where Scott falls here.

It’s interesting that the Geelongs of the world don’t need to rest their kids, but our ancient side with very little youth needs to rest one of the few young guys we’ve actually played (and one who has done well at that)

Funny how they can play their young up and comers for almost an entire season yet we can't field ours for more than 3-5 games and then sit the rest of the season out.

Finally we got some changes.
But i still dont think Scott has set any example with these changes.
I think the guys coming in a re good, but untill you drop one of Lmac, Jmac, Atley, Simpkin, etc.. for their continued underperformance then we still have the same old s**t. Dropped all the new guys, and Bmac who is new to the lineup too.

It’s interesting that the Geelongs of the world don’t need to rest their kids, but our ancient side with very little youth needs to rest one of the few young guys we’ve actually played (and one who has done well at that)

It's BULLSHIT!

Good changes, a quick and tough side. Not enough marking power I fear though...maybe Mason finally becomes what we desperately need him to be...Not holding my breath. Looking forward to a Saturday night at the footy anyway. I'm fully in camp Sack Scott but boycotting games is childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back