Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Post match.

Are you looking forward to the challenge of Melbourne next week?

Ken: "Not really no, hurr hurr".

LOSER.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Melbourne are scary

There will be a lot of anxiety around that

(You know, a team we finished ahead of last year, at our home ground)

I refuse to watch it. I hate him.

Has there even been a less accomplished coach behave in such a smug and ‘lookame boys! double cobra’ manner after his highly-fancied team coughs and splutters its way to another expected-yet-patchy win?

"You don't always get what you deserve" - Ken Hinkley, 2024

Can't even use the "you get what you deserve" quote against him anymore because he's done a 180 on it.

Is this cos he thinks he deserves a premiership through sheer longevity and he hasn't got one?

So under Ken, we have started the season 2-0 seven times (13,14,17,18,19,20,21) and made the finals in 5/7 of those seasons.
We have only started 3-0 three times under Ken (13,18,20) and made the finals in 2/3 of those seasons.
I guess that technically means that we are more likely to play finals now for how little that's worth

The Ken Vs Choco debate is such a weird one. People are acting like Mark Williams is the only 1x premiership coach to underachieve within his window.

-Kevin Sheedy's 2000 Bombers team gets talked up all the time as the greatest ever but they didn't win it in 1999 or 2001 with basically an equal quality list.
-The dogs in 2016 is an obvious one. Bont only got better with time yet the entire team is still yet to finish top 4 after the minor round in nearly a decade of Bevo being in charge.
-John Longmire has got them to 4 grand finals but only 1 victory amongst all of them. Even while improving their list gradually with each of the last 3 losing performances.
-Adam Simpson won it without their best ruck or AA midfielder and yet even after getting them back for the next 2 finals series they still regressed.

Are any of these coaches failures? No, and neither is Mark Williams. A premiership is a premiership.

Not to mention that all of those coaches have also finished bottom 6 at least once, while Ken Hinkley and the rest of the current regime have tried to avoid low ladder finishes like the plague out of a stupidly overblown fear of a couple of bad years at football park.

Post match.

LOSER.

God he is an idiot. This negative mindset crap has never worked, stop doing it ffs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

* this guy and * Koch.

A ruthless club like the Port Adelaide of old would have sacked him in 2016, the day it became clear we weren't making finals. A good club would have sacked him in 2017. 17 other clubs would have had him sacked by the end of 2018. I'm having to post this in 2024.

Koch's cluster* will be used as an example of how not to win for decades.

Was it 2 years ago at home vs Melbourne where Hinkley played the most cowardly brand of football possible? Legit gave up before the game and just sat back and hoped not to get belted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it 2 years ago at home vs Melbourne where Hinkley played the most cowardly brand of football possible? Legit gave up before the game and just sat back and hoped not to get belted.
Correct was part of the Owen 5 season opener.

We tried to come in at half time nil all.

That game was hilarious. I was genuinely upset when we finally kicked a goal.

The Ken Vs Choco debate is such a weird one. People are acting like Mark Williams is the only 1x premiership coach to underachieve within his window.

-Kevin Sheedy's 2000 Bombers team gets talked up all the time as the greatest ever but they didn't win it in 1999 or 2001 with basically an equal quality list.
-The dogs in 2016 is an obvious one. Bont only got better with time yet the entire team is still yet to finish top 4 after the minor round in nearly a decade of Bevo being in charge.
-John Longmire has got them to 4 grand finals but only 1 victory amongst all of them. Even while improving their list gradually with each of the last 3 losing performances.
-Adam Simpson won it without their best ruck or AA midfielder and yet even after getting them back for the next 2 finals series they still regressed.

Are any of these coaches failures? No, and neither is Mark Williams. A premiership is a premiership.

Not to mention that all of those coaches have also finished bottom 6 at least once, while Ken Hinkley and the rest of the current regime have tried to avoid low ladder finishes like the plague out of a stupidly overblown fear of a couple of bad years at football park.
Is there anybody actually debating this that isn't a moron?

Choco Williams: Took a team that had only been in the AFL 2 years when he took over to two grand finals and the first ever AFL flag within 6 seasons.

Ken Hinkley: Sets the all-time VFL/AFL history for least successful coach in round 11 this year.

Its like saying who is the better basketballer, Kobe Bryant or the kid down the road who watched an NBA game once.

Wake up babe, new Hinkley stat just dropped

Most games coached at one club to never make a grand final

1. HINKLEY 250
2. Daylight ☀️☀️☀️
3. Bill Stephen 212 - Fitzroy
4. Brad Scott 202 - Norf
5. Neil Craig 157 - Adelaide

We have less spine than Fitzroy and North.

IIRC that was the game he made Butters apologise to HIM for giving away 50 right on the half time siren which resulted in goal. If I was Butters I would've asked him to apologise for being such a sh*t coach.

Post match.

LOSER.

I could not believe he said that, what a ******* loser

he has a loser/scared attitude, so unlike the real port adelaide..

most coaches would have said yeah i cant wait, cant wait to test them, we are bringing our A game.. but no this loser has the opposite view.

should have been jettisoned from the club 5 mins later..

absolute loser mentality

Remove this Banner Ad

Back