Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are the laughing stock of the AFL and labelled as pretenders. Until we start winning against contender teams like West Coast on a consistent basis then Port will be considered a team just making up the numbers in the Finals. It's frustrating to watch this circus continue year after year with Hinkley and his "well somebody has to lose" attitude!
Aye. I remember we looked good in 2019 yet failed to beat a top 8 side for most of the season and coaxed into 9th as a result, that's the Hinkley way, that's the Hinkley attitude.
Only 3 H&A losses last year but by 37, 29, 60 points respectively. 2 of them blowouts I'd say. How do we keep getting steamrolled with such an elite list? Are these rest weeks? How does scoring 39 points last night over 3 quarters fit into Hinkley's 5 year plan?

You guys give PAFC66 sh*t for being overly negative. But at the end of each season, he is right and you are wrong. It tells you something about our club.
I just reckon there is a middle ground between

"We are complete garbage and will lose every game"

And

"We want our senior staff to be held accountable"

There is no question in my mind that we have been good enough to at the very least make a grand final in the past 9 years (Id say a good coach would have 2 flags in that period).

The list is there, the players are there. You can be critical while remaining aware of the positives.

Aye. I remember we looked good in 2019 yet failed to beat a top 8 side for most of the season and coaxed into 9th as a result, that's the Hinkley way, that's the Hinkley attitude.
Only 3 H&A losses last year but by 37, 29, 60 points respectively. 2 of them blowouts I'd say. How do we keep getting steamrolled with such an elite list? Are these rest weeks? How does scoring 39 points last night over 3 quarters fit into Hinkley's 5 year plan?

Hinkley talking to the board:

1617502303580.png

Meh in round 8, 2004 we lost by 92 points to North Melbourne - a team who weren't even in the premiership conversation that year

On paper West Coast at Optus was arguably our toughest fixture of the year. No doubt it was a disappointing way to lose but this baby and bathwater stuff is flat out embarrassing

Meh in round 8, 2004 we lost by 92 points to North Melbourne - a team who weren't even in the Premiership conversation that year

On paper West Coast at Optus was arguably our toughest fixture of the year. No doubt it was a disappointing way to lose but this baby and bathwater stuff is flat out embarrassing

The 2004 team was ravaged by injury at that point of the season.

Schofield needs a kick up the arse. The midfield is his domain of influence. They were insipid and nothing much changed in the first half.

Schofield needs a kick up the arse. The midfield is his domain of influence. They were insipid and nothing much changed in the first half.
No one gets a free pass, but the mids were regularly insipid long before he arrived.

I didn’t notice it myself, but I’m told Schoey and Stinkley didn’t exactly look civil in the box together during the game.

I know which of the two I’d have more faith in wanting to dish out some harsh words mid week and make changes to the team facing Rich.

You guys give PAFC66 sh*t for being overly negative. But at the end of each season, he is right and you are wrong. It tells you something about our club.

He gets given s**t because his style of posting is trash and his insights are juvenile, repetitive and boring. If you empathise with him then thats on you.

Buck stops with the senior coach on this one.

Midfield has operated much better since Schoey arrived, but has put in performances like this regularly for years under Ken.

No one gets a free pass, but the mids were regularly insipid long before he arrived.

I didn’t notice it myself, but I’m told Schoey and Stinkley didn’t exactly look civil in the box together during the game.

I know which of the two I’d have more faith in wanting to dish out some harsh words mid week and make changes to the team facing Rich.

Get rid of kernhinkley and promote J Schofield now we stand a much better chance then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He gets given sh*t because his style of posting is trash and his insights are juvenile, repetitive and boring. If you empathise with him then thats on you.

He sounds to me like his bashings are more spot on than all the flowery appraisals of others.
We have to remind ourselves since 2004 we have achieved ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

He sounds to me like his bashings are more spot on than all the flowery appraisals of others.
We have to remind ourselves since 2004 we have achieved ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
The guy is a dickhead. A lot of posters on this board are not flowery etc. yet they don’t resort to his bullshit style of posting. You can be honest without being a cockwobble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back