Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got Georgiades for Howard.

Not sure it will be seen as the big loss that people think it is in a few years time.

And if it is, whose head(s) rolls?

The Rockliff/Motlop/Watts pivot has been a titanic bust, but Davies and Cripps remain.

Talk about setting yourself up for failure, publicly stating before a ball is bounced that our aim is to win the flag. It's obviously what we're striving for, I wish I shared his confidence.

Isn't that what every team should be trying to do every year?

He’s clearly been told to talk it up, and doesn’t quite rise to the level of pity in doing so.

It's interesting. Personally I cringe whenever Hinkley starts his dribble, he is the opposite of Williams, who by the way used to make me cringe half the time with some of the s**t that came out when he opened his mouth. But at least Williams wore his heart on his sleeve and said it how he saw it and didn't sound like he was positioning himself for a future media or AFL management role.

My point was that every coach and every team should be stating they will play for the premiership ''this year'' because they truly want it not because it's expected of them to say so.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club has clearly taken on board some criticisms in recent times and tried to change the message. In essence, there's nothing wrong with that. At least they're listening.

People have expressed how much they hate the "it's an even competition and someone has to lose" type stuff, and the adding on of "making the community proud" to "we exist to win premierships."

Really, what Ken said was the right thing.

People just don't trust him though. The club needs to start winning games, stop letting everyone down, make the finals and then talk premierships.

We don't want you to talk flags all the time, just stop making excuses when you lose.

The club has clearly taken on board some criticisms in recent times and tried to change the message. In essence, there's nothing wrong with that. At least they're listening.

People have expressed how much they hate the "it's an even competition and someone has to lose" type stuff, and the adding on of "making the community proud" to "we exist to win premierships."

People just don't trust him though. The club needs to start winning games, stop letting everyone down, make the finals and then talk premierships.

We don't want you to talk flags all the time, just stop making excuses when you lose.

Agree with this. The comment was fine out of context, but given all the water under the bridge, it needed to come with a concession that we recognise our failures of the past.

Really good point - we just don’t trust him. We’ve heard all the talk for 7 years but never seen the walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back