Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's squad for our preseason game (our preseason game, mind you, not even a real game) doesn't include Sam Hayes, Joel Garner, Jake Patmore, Miles Bergman or Dylan Williams (Williams coming off of three goals in the intraclub) but does include Cameron Sutcliffe, Jarrod Lienert, Sam Mayes and Trent McKenzie.

So my response to the argument that 'Ken has committed to rebuilding the club and playing young players in preparation for the future' is that the argument is complete horseshit.
One positive is it means he will be out the door sooner picking the worst squad possible to guarantee to miss finals

Today's squad for our preseason game (our preseason game, mind you, not even a real game) doesn't include Sam Hayes, Joel Garner, Jake Patmore, Miles Bergman or Dylan Williams (Williams coming off of three goals in the intraclub) but does include Cameron Sutcliffe, Jarrod Lienert, Sam Mayes and Trent McKenzie.

So my response to the argument that 'Ken has committed to rebuilding the club and playing young players in preparation for the future' is that the argument is complete horseshit.
I'm all for criticizing Ken but when we have an U23 game the week after there is nothing wrong with giving the list an opportunity in game 1.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because he’s playing these players in a scratch match?

Have you ever thought that its more to do with the fact that all those guys will be playing in the U23 match, which is what happened exactly the same time last year?

It’s about managing loading on players so they are fit and ready for the season ahead. So maybe wait until the end of pre-season?

It's not like we're Geelong and we're always up there contending, just never quite getting the chocolates.

It's not even like we're the Crows and sort of jump from 4th to 8th to 2nd to 11th and then back to 6th, contending every now and then but not reliably.

We've missed the finals 9 of the past 12 years. We're a mediocre, also ran club ala St Kilda or Fremantle. We make up the numbers. And that's the mentality that pervades the club and increasingly some sections of the supporter base. If we as supporters let our standards drop any further, the club's only competitive advantage (its tradition of success) risks being lost forever. And if that happens, good luck seeing another premiership in any of our lifetimes.
This should be printed and hung up around club. Because it's so freakin true. From the board to change rooms. If you want a true view on general members sentiment it is this! Change it!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Members and Supporters: Hinkley is not good at his job and after five seasons of failing to meet standards should be replaced.
Hinkley: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! HELP! HELP! I'm being abused!

1582230293684.png

Wtf is hinkley doing in England the wk before our first game of the year FFS
Donna's birthday pressie. Highlight was their visit to Harrods where she got a lovely doily set and got a photo in front of the Princess Di memorial. Oh how Donna loved Di.

The "Abuse" call from Chad actually warms the cockles of my heart. It tells me that Hinkley is well and truly feeling it. My hope is that it gets too much for him and he walks away.
The only way he walks is if it gets to the point where we can’t make finals, in which case he’ll probably wait to get sacked so he gets the year payed out.

Because he’s playing these players in a scratch match?

Have you ever thought that its more to do with the fact that all those guys will be playing in the U23 match, which is what happened exactly the same time last year?

It’s about managing loading on players so they are fit and ready for the season ahead. So maybe wait until the end of pre-season?
True, but take someone like Williams for example. You’d think if he was being considered for a round 1 (or early season) debut they’d be playing him in this game and resting him from the U23 game not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back