Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We’re properly screwed for the next few years. Nothing will change next year and this clown won’t get sacked even if he were to miss the 8 all together.

We’ve got a list that’s good enough to challenge again next year, but this clown has never coached us to finals more than 2 years in a row. We have been in this position before, like in 15/16.

We clearly can’t afford to sack him and will come up with some excuse as to on why we need to keep him at that will possibly cost us more money through lost membership and revenue than what his payout would do.

We’re properly screwed for the next few years. Nothing will change next year and this clown won’t get sacked even if he were to miss the 8 all together.

We’ve got a list that’s good enough to challenge again next year, but this clown has never coached us to finals more than 2 years in a row. We have been in this position before, like in 15/16.

We clearly can’t afford to sack him and will come up with some excuse as to on why we need to keep him at that will possibly cost us more money through lost membership and revenue than what his payout would do.

I’m starting to think he conjured a deal when he was heading out the door in 2017, he probably suggested he’d have a job for a min 5 years at GC (which he would of) - so Mr Koch if you really want me to stay those are the terms….

2022…

Who is left to blame when all the assistants have been replaced multiple times and the list has been turned over? Probably the supporters fault.
Well there was that poster who did say it was the supporters fault.

Something about supporters at games having negative thoughts affecting the players ability to football.

Last edited:
Still bitter after that PF debacle and the news of SPP being linked to WA has pI$$ed me off even more now. Nearly 10 years with no success and a procession of assistants through the door. I’m genuinely worried about this club and it’s direction. Most people would have some optimism for the following year after reaching a prelim. I don’t know wether it’s still the prelim hangover but everything just feels wrong at the moment. Think the financial results will be another kick in the bollocks. I admire Koch for his defence of Hinkley but he needs to understand it’s a GF or him/Hinkley need to go.

Still bitter after that PF debacle and the news of SPP being linked to WA has pI$$ed me off even more now. Nearly 10 years with no success and a procession of assistants through the door. I’m genuinely worried about this club and it’s direction. Most people would have some optimism for the following year after reaching a prelim. I don’t know wether it’s still the prelim hangover but everything just feels wrong at the moment. Think the financial results will be another kick in the bollocks. I admire Koch for his defence of Hinkley but he needs to understand it’s a GF or him/Hinkley need to go.
You are not alone, I feel the same way and the worry is that the club isn't listening.

It's like they have put up an invisible force field no media or supporters can penetrate, almost like the whole club has gotten together and has been instructed not to listen to any negative talk towards the club, players and coaches.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m thinking you’re not wrong.

The prelim final was our own nine-eleven, literally. It was like ripping a large elastoplast off a wound somewhere on your body and discovering a hole that goes all the way thru to the other side. Like Fearless Fosdick.

Communications I’ve had since that night, with people inside and outside the club, from the board down - some answered, some answered insipidly, others not answered at all - indicate you are not wrong.

The rot has spread down from the head, up from the foundation, and is going to work on the core.

Something is Port Adelaide in the Kingdom of Denmark...

There's not a single logical reason why Ken is so worshipped around here other than maybe we are financially in a bigger hole than letting on.

I mean you could blame Koch's ego for 2017 extension but the latest makes no sense.

The rumour was prior to a spray from Ken's wife Koch wasn't locked in to preventing Ken from walking to GC after that game.

Then, all of a sudden, he's a superhero.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

There's not a single logical reason why Ken is so worshipped around here other than maybe we are financially in a bigger hole than letting on.

I mean you could blame Koch's ego for 2017 extension but the latest makes no sense.

The rumour was prior to a spray from Ken's wife Koch wasn't locked in to preventing Ken from walking to GC after that game.

Then, all of a sudden, he's a superhero.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

The 2020 extension looked very similar to the 2017 one.

imagine how positive you'd be feeling right now if they'd sack ken and we were looking at a new season with a new coach

Yeah.

At the moment, there's no logical reason to believe we'll be able to make a grand final or win a premiership next year based on the previous 9 years but especially the previous 2. It's pure hope to suggest we will.

The club is stale and in desperate need of an improvement arc and a new story to sell.

My major concern with kern now isn't just his coaching in big games and finals, as unfortunately I've become accustomed to being disappointed, but how much of a smouldering ruin will be left behind if/when koch finally grows some cajones and gives him the sayonara.

Re the if/when bit, even if we have only moderate success and scrape into the 8 next season I can see our silly campaigner of a president contemplating giving him another extension, because he IS definitely that f****** stupid!

Losing SPP for less than Pick 15 would be a ******* disaster!

Trading him when he’s at his all time low because Hinkley doesn’t like him would be ******* ridiculous.
To be fair, the club has stood by Sam and backed him during his nightclub incident, and been prepared to give him time away from the club this year for personal reasons.
And Ken was wrapt with his performance versus Geelong in the final.
So I don't think it's reasonable to blame them or Ken for Sam not getting midfield minutes (and rather sad that the Club's faith in him is not being reciprocated, if the rumours are correct that he is instigating a "play me where I want or I'm off" edict).

It's up to him to get his mind in a good space, and his body fit enough to rack up big numbers and force the coaching panel to play him there more.
He needs to focus on accumulating disposals instead of crash and bash at every contest - if he runs srraight at the ball, people will back away to allow him to concentrate on higher production numbers anyway.

No guarantee going to Wet Toast will provide him much more midfield time either.

To be fair, the club has stood by Sam and backed him during his nightclub incident, and been prepared to give him time away from the club this year for personal reasons.
And Ken was wrapt with his performance versus Geelong in the final.
So I don't think it's reasonable to blame them or Ken for Sam not getting midfield minutes (and rather sad that the Club's faith in him is not being reciprocated, if the rumours are correct that he is instigating a "play me where I want or I'm off" edict).

It's up to him to get his mind in a good space, and his body fit enough to rack up big numbers and force the coaching panel to play him there more.
He needs to focus on accumulating disposals instead of crash and bash at every contest - if he runs srraight at the ball, people will back away to allow him to concentrate on higher production numbers anyway.

No guarantee going to Wet Toast will provide him much more midfield time either.

Rubbish, what are the whole lot of them there for if not to draw the talent out of players like SPP.
Hinkley gas lighted Wingard, Polec, Pittard, the delisted players this year in the same way. HinKley has those favourites are the ones he likes who don’t upset his cushy number, not the better players. He literally has a 10 year list of doing this! Fredericks gets a ******* contract whilst we look to offload SPP for a KFC!

We have still won * all! Blaming the players when the head coach is making these decisions is madness.

You’re acting like SPP hasn’t been a fantastic young player as well!
He was injured half of this season ffs. Why should he have to work harder than say a Sam Gray to have to ‘knock the door down’.

SPP shits all over Duursma as a player, didn’t see him knocking any doors down, plenty of noise about HIS extra curricular activities etc.

Rubbish, what are the whole lot of them there for if not to draw the talent out of players like SPP.
Hinkley gas lighted Wingard, Polec, Pittard, the delisted players this year in the same way. HinKley has those favourites are the ones he likes who don’t upset his cushy number, not the better players. He literally has a 10 year list of doing this! Fredericks gets a ******* contract whilst we look to offload SPP for a KFC!

We have still won fu** all! Blaming the players when the head coach is making these decisions is madness.

You’re acting like SPP hasn’t been a fantastic young player as well!
He was injured half of this season ffs. Why should he have to work harder than say a Sam Gray to have to ‘knock the door down’.

SPP shits all over Duursma as a player, didn’t see him knocking any doors down, plenty of noise about HIS extra curricular activities etc.
I heard the trainers hadnt filled the water bottles to the brim during the year. Hinkley failing again as coach!
#blamehinkleyforeverything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back