Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose so, i am old school.
i will never forget how serious all the players were in the GF in 2004, they had a goal and achieved it, the fun and games came after.
They didn't have a bye in 2004. And if they did, they wouldn't have had one after playing overseas.

May be it's time for me to stop following AFL altogether, it seems to be more about $$$$$ fun and Twitter these days, not so much the jumper.

Oh well I suppose it's all good, I'm am sure they will all come back refreshed and Smash Freo in Perth. ;)
That's the difference between full time footballers who spent 40 hours a week at the club + travel time and game time as opposed to when footballers were part time, maybe spent 12 hours a week at the club after work and travel time was a 20-40 minute drive and get to the ground 90-120 minutes before bounce down.

The AFL have a bye because that AFLPA demanded they get the time off. If it's a holiday week they are going to take a holiday from work.

Nothing against players having some downtime. I'm not a fan of the social media posts showing them drinking though tbh. Off-season fine, but during the year? Nah. It does look unprofessional. Have a beer but don't advertise it. This group hasn't earned that right.

Lel nearly half the teams in the AFL are complete puss, a winning percentage of 55% means jackshit imo. What's the winning % against top 8 teams? The winning % in finals?
We should be comparing ourselves to Sydney, Hawthorn and Geelong.

What are their winning percentages over the last decade?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

May be it's time for me to stop following AFL altogether, it seems to be more about $$$$$ fun and Twitter these days, not so much the jumper.

Oh well I suppose it's all good, I'm am sure they will all come back refreshed and Smash Freo in Perth. ;)

Getting on the turps for one day and mucking up with team mates during that day during a bye week would be a pressure release that in itself is a positive thing. Good luck to them and at the races. But more than one day I'm not too sure on that. Some players will push the envelope, its human nature. For that reason, am sure its "monitored" by the club. The players are paid very nicely to achieve their best. In the end, it's a question of professionalism during the entire football season of which we are already half way through, not counting finals
Sort of like, you can water ski after the footy's finished and before training has started, but that's not stopping you from enjoying the river. Yeah, I'm old school too

Lel nearly half the teams in the AFL are complete puss, a winning percentage of 55% means jackshit imo. What's the winning % against top 8 teams? The winning % in finals?
Our win loss against top 8 sides (top 8 as at end of year, excluding this year as top 8 not set):
2018: 3W 6L (33%)
2017: 2W 7L (22%)
2016: 1W 9L (10%)
2015: 6W 7L (46%)
2014: 3W 6L (33%)
2013: 2W 6L (25%)

That gives Hinkley a winning percentage against top 8 teams of 29%. The winning percentage of a few different teams in that same period:
Sydney: 58%
Richmond: 43%
WCE: 35%
Geelong: 60%

West Coast badly affected by 2013/14 where they went 1-19. From 2015-2018 they are 19-18 @ 51%.

I did this spreadsheet in the off season and your post made me dig it up and update it for this year to cover all of Hinkley's time at Port. Confirms our middle class stable status.

Blue = finished 5th-8th after finals and bold borders around blue are sides that finished top 4 but went out in straight sets, green = PF final, brown = GF, Gold = Flag. As I said before most teams finals record is between 40% and 60%. Hawks is at 64% but that's because they have 3 flags. GWS had 14 wins + 2 draws in 2017.

1560340292752.png

Last edited:
"I've got a really strong position here at Port Adelaide." What does that even mean?
It means that he thinks everyone around him is weak.

Getting on the turps for one day and mucking up with team mates during that day during a bye week would be a pressure release that in itself is a positive thing. Good luck to them and at the races. But more than one day I'm not too sure on that. Some players will push the envelope, its human nature. For that reason, am sure its "monitored" by the club. The players are paid very nicely to achieve their best. In the end, it's a question of professionalism during the entire football season of which we are already half way through, not counting finals
Sort of like, you can water ski after the footy's finished and before training has started, but that's not stopping you from enjoying the river. Yeah, I'm old school too
Agreed, good post. For me it's not so much about having fun but more about the message coming from the club to the players. If things were going well we would not even be in a thread called Sack Hinkley.

Last edited:
"I've got a really strong position here at Port Adelaide." What does that even mean?
I've got a contract and got them by the balls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley rescued Kane's career. Of course he's going to go into bat for Hinkley. If anyone is expecting Kane Cornes to lead the charge for Hinkley's sacking they're going to be sorely disappointed.

Bit of a myth I reckon. Kane rescued himself in 2012, along with club pressure on Primus.

I'm still trying to work out what the lads in HK are doing wrong.:huh:

Apart from where SPP's left hand is:eek:

I'm more concerned some may end up at the Happy Bar and Grill;)

Or the House of Happy never ending.

If some are concerned the image of the PAFC is being tarnished a little by the pic of the lads in Hong Kong then I'd suggest that shambolic and offensive video of hinkley is light years worse.

Even a Thesaurus wouldn't find the words to describe how bad it was.

People complaining about players having holidays or any fun in general should be forced to give up their weekends, annual leave and nights off.

If by 'give up' you mean stay sober for half a mill, where do I sign???

I think these guys still have lives. I'm not either side of this debate but they are only being asked to not drink in season, not 'give up' their out of work time.

I've got mates that stay sober for months on end as they are on call nearly everyday and they don't get it this good.

This footy club can't be serious about winning flags, correct me if i'm wrong but is it end of season celebrations. The players still living it in China. Is this what Hinkley thinks wins games of footy. Motlop should be in Adelaide working out how he's going to get back into the AFL side.

View attachment 687093

Sam Gray with the dad bod lmao

“I got a undeserved extension on unbelievable money and all I need to do to jag another year is make finals and not even win a final.

They either put up with my **** or sack me and give me a huge payout”

“I’m on really good money at Port with a strong tenure. So if Carlton want me they’ll have to cough up at least the same coin and a nice long, secure contract”.

If by 'give up' you mean stay sober for half a mill, where do I sign???

I think these guys still have lives. I'm not either side of this debate but they are only being asked to not drink in season, not 'give up' their out of work time.

I've got mates that stay sober for months on end as they are on call nearly everyday and they don't get it this good.
Carn edgie no need to take the puritan angle!

If only you knew about Tom Mitchell ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back