Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dixon isn't mediocre in terms of talent but he is in terms of output. Because Hinkleyball is cancer for key forwards, even moreso when we spent half of last season playing him in the ruck. If he'd been traded to a Hawthorn or Geelong type club instead of Port Adelaide he'd have been kicking 50+ goals a year on the regular ever since.

If you like :)

Champion Data classifed Justin Westhoff as a key forward for years as well. And just because the guy on the website writes that he's a key forward, doesn't mean he actually is one.

Gunston is about as much a key forward this year as Westhoff is. And you can see it by the fact that Gunston gets shifted around the ground depending on how the team is playing - just like Westhoff.

Matthew Pavlich used to get shifted around the ground too. And he was shorter than Gunston. Not a KPF in your eyes then?

Last edited:
Think it was Brent Harvey (Could be wrong). On ABC Grandstand yesterday saying North are entering an acknoledged rebuild and they want someone else to take responsibility for it.

This is absolutely the logical and sensible decision for any club to take. If you fail with your prime list, you don't get to rebuild the club. Hinkely has had his time, the list of the post-Primus rebuild and effd it. We can Hardwick it and keep the faith with him or if we are as acknowledging a rebuild now, need to move him on so someone else can build the list in his image...

Perhaps we could convince North that Hinkley is just the man for a rebuild? Put Ken in charge and in three years you will need a complete rebuild.

Does anyone believe that anyone at the club has any idea about this level of unrest amongst the fan base?

Or are we just screaming into the void here?

The club is fully aware of supporter discontent

This is actually a great point. We chipped off Jack Hombsch (paid fleetingly great dividends) and Jake Neade (we’ll always have those highlights against WCE 2013 and Richmond 2014), but where are the rest?

Forget the Adam Treloars, Tom Boyds and Dylan Shiels, what of the Jack Steeles, the Josh Bruces, the Will Hoskin-Elliotts?

All would walk into our team now.

We paid through the neck for Dixon though, so there’s that.

Sh1t I forgot about Dixon. Well at least that’s one.

He isn’t the second coming of Tredrea we all hoped he would be but I’d definitely trade middling 1st and 2nd round picks for a gorilla KPF entering his prime again.

I would much rather hear this than hear that he thinks Ken is a great coach and he wants to continue working with him. It may well be that Monty feels a bit the same, he seems the type. If Macca's prophesy that Ken will go at the end of the year is accurate, and the assistants are hearing the same, then it is more likely that they will want to stay on to at least see who comes next.

Just wait, they’ll keep Stinkley around and we’ll have to watch Schoey go and become the next superstar coach somewhere else.

The final big heck up from the Administration in their efforts to send the club back to being on our knees

This is depressing (but unfortunately not surprising).

It is such a long way from the Ken we had early on. What happened?

Was he only engaged when he was getting the results? Has he been affected by external circumstances in his life? Is his mental health OK? I'm not sure.

It is unsustainable for an AFL coach though and surely if it's true there are performance criteria in his contract that he is not meeting?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He did change when he lost two close friends but if he can't do the job to his best, he should step aside.
I am glad he is not an air line pilot because that's one plane I would not want to be on.

Speaking of DeGoey, he has apparently had a few interludes with that Jessica from MAFS. She has also been pursued by some other footballers and sports people. Pretty dumb if you ask me.
Is that a reason to sack Hinkley or not sack him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have been largely tone deaf though. Their response has pretty much been "We have made all of our decisions in the interest of winning games of football, and once we start winning that discontent will dissipate."

Dixon is a cool guy. Him and Chad Cornes have the best shirt off pool parties and he rides a motor bike and towes muscle cars up to Tailem Bend when hes injured. Leave him alone guys.

They have been largely tone deaf though. Their response has pretty much been "We have made all of our decisions in the interest of winning games of football, and once we start winning that discontent will dissipate."
The entire administration is riding on Hinkley coming good, if he doesn’t they are all ****ed.

The ‘let them eat cake’ responses to co-captains and getting called on that awful Liverpool plagiarism doesn’t really suggest they value the consequences of said discontent much, however.

Just wait, they’ll keep Stinkley around and we’ll have to watch Schoey go and become the next superstar coach somewhere else.

The final big **** up from the Administration in their efforts to send the club back to being on our knees

you watch the crows sack Pyke and get Schofield - it has Walsh part 2 written all over it.

There is no way Koch and his board are going to sack Hinkley. The best we can hope for is that the rumour about Ken's 2021 coaching not being automatic as part of his last contract extension.

Ken favours stability over performance and with the club's 150th next year he won't want any controversy or a new coach taking the media spotlight off him and what a great job he has done to save Ports.

As for Hinkley just going through the motions, Koch and the board should have seen this coming when Hinkley threatened to break his contract and take the Gold Coast job for less pressure and a better lifestyle.

There is no way Koch and his board are going to sack Hinkley. The best we can hope for is that the rumour about Ken's 2021 coaching not being automatic as part of his last contract extension.

Any idea where that came from? Always sounds like wishful thinking to me.

The ‘let them eat cake’ responses to co-captains and getting called on that awful Liverpool plagiarism doesn’t really suggest they value the consequences of said discontent much, however.

We're thinking about co-captains ...
If you do that you are crapping on 150 years of tradition!
We hear you.
I will microwave my membership!
We understand what you are saying.
I will eat my membership and send you the plastic shards that I crap out!
We acknowledge your concerns.
Well thank heck for that!
Today we are proud to announce our new co-captains.
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!
Hey, Adelaide did it.
*crickets*
Where did all the members go?

you watch the crows sack Pyke and get Schofield - it has Walsh part 2 written all over it.
If the Hinkley sacked if we don’t make finals rumours are true then you’d hope someone has quietly been in Schofields ear about the upcoming vacancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back