Event Season 31 Mobbenfuhrer Medal Count - Congratulations GWS Goose & Pugsley

Remove this Banner Ad

A message from Mobbs
    A Message from Mobbs

A lot of major events include wheeling out an ancient instigator or contributor to say a few words. I am delighted to announce that the founder of this great league and the man this award is named after, Mobbs would like to say a few words and give his personal thank you to the community.

~~~~~~~~~

It's been 20 years since this, my simple text simulator began ballooning into this nutty role-play alternate universe on Bigfooty. I can't blame anyone but myself - I'm the idiot who first raised the prospect.

And look at it now, all grown up, vibrantly pumping veins and fully formed errogenous zones. All you little people scurrying around playing games within the game, and bouncing off one another, this should really be time for a big 'muahahaha' but it's not how I feel.

I feel appreciative, thankful and indebted. Over a score of years, a timeline greater than many current real-world leagues has played out, and a history of bangs and crashes richer than half the actual sports around us. I spend time creating background lore for the Sweet FA, and yet I don't even have to. You're all, already, doing it!

Teams have come and go (and for the last dozen seasons, just been, boring fu**s). Identities have risen, fallen, soared and exploded (or just always been, boring fu**s). The Sweet FA has its own universe, full of glamour and grit, pleasure and pain, delights and atrocities. And so many memes. No matter what I'm doing these days, I can't read a meh, a wooo or even an ellipsis without immediately thinking of the Roys and their opponents.

It's sensational. So satisfying, life-affirming, and purely joyous. So thank you, everyone, who has come to play in the Sweet FA. Thanks for all the diverse and often violently conflicting personas and backgrounds and attitudes and agendas. You've honestly cemented my feeling of a place in this world (the real one, I mean, lolz).

I've been out of the real world for years. Confined at home, unable to partake in all the usual things I'd considered my interests. Recently, that's changed, through the loss of the missus - today I spent 8 hours firing off job applications as I started re-entry into the normal world.

I realised that the Sweet FA started up 6 months after I got married (sounds about right, lol), so the timelines are within cooee of each other. For the last 2 months I'd needed a place to escape some reality - and here you all were. You're my saviours.

I commonly have conversations with other players who also confirm that this qooty world is a kind of an escape for them in hard times. A distraction and a welcome entertainment to get buried in. I'm very, very glad to know this escapism is among the benefits.

Today another player (or "players" apparently as it's recently been leaked it will be a 3-way tie this season) will get my name stuck as a suffixey badge onto their persona's credentials. I'm a bit embarassed and un-keen on having an award named after me, but I AM pleased that the best Qooty player for the season is rewarded with an esteemed honour.

I look forward eagerly to seeing who that player will be. I will raise a chud to you.

Enjoy the evening, beloved Sweet FA community. I look forward to a riproarious night!

~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the kind words Mobbs! All the best with the job search!

Round 1
    RD 1 CIWBOM.png
    It was a period of change for the Warriors, with no less than 10 new signings. The Bombers had also freshened up their squad with 8 new signings of their own. There were new clubs for, among others, Test Tickle , The Half Back and The Jesus .

It was the Bombers who got to the fast start, scoring the first 3 goals. New rookie Jabba73 scored the first of these to delight the Bombers faithful. At the end of the first quarter the Bombers were 16 points clear. Despite a brief revival by the Warriors, and in fact they took the lead in the second quarter, 5 goals in a row meant it was the Bombers who led at half time by 21 points and the Warriors were looking at their season potentially crumbling from the very first game.

harry000 started the comeback in the third quarter with an early goal. It was responded to by Pugsley , but then two goals from the Warriors and the game was close again. At the end of the the third quarter the margin was down to 4, but the momentum was with the Warriors. It was they who finished stronger, scoring 5 of the 6 goals in the final quarter, to see off the Bombers. Both the Warriors rookies DockerDen5215 and Rad Roo had goalscoring debuts as the goals were spread across the team.

Disposals: LicoriceAllsorts (BOM) 26, Pugsley (BOM), FootyGuy13 (CIW) 25

Goals: harry000 (CIW) 4, DockerDen5215 Dinsdale Raveneyes (CIW), iDon (BOM) 3

Tackles: RobR (BOM) 11, TheInjuryFactory (CIW) 8, The Half Back (CIW) 7

Official Sim Votes
    3 - Antonio BlueVein (BOM)
    2 - RobR (BOM)
    1 - TheInjuryFactory (CIW)

RD 1 DRAWON.png
    The big news coming from the Dragons camp the signing of Chief . Is he the final piece of the puzzle for the Dragons to take the next step? As for the Wonders, 8 new recruits and a new Captain in @Cadsky lined up for the new season.

It was a good ol' fashioned shootout. And it was the Dragons starting with an absolute flyer. There were 2 goals from new recruit Bonz and the ruck Strigoi , responded to by 2 goals from dogs105 . The Dragons had a 27 point advantage. The Wonders rallied in the second quarter but another 3 goals from Bonz meant that they went in very happy at half time with a 32 point lead. It needed to be a big team talk from Captain @Cadsky .

And what a response it was. In an incredible quarter of 12 goals, the goals were spread around the teams with some great teamwork and chains of play. When the dust settled, the Dragons still had a 20 point lead, but the Wonders had renewed hope. @Cadsky energised the team. The scores were level in the middle of the final quarter. And finally, in the closing stages, a goal from dogs105 gave the Wonders the lead. And a last minute goal from Grand Uncle Horace sealed this incredible comeback.

Disposals: @Cadsky (WON) 33, Matt_352 (DRA), haydo (WON) 30

Goals: Bonz (DRA) 6, dogs105 (WON) 5, Blaze Storm (DRA) 4

Tackles: A Swallow (DRA) 8, haydo , mezaire (WON) 7

Official Sim Votes
    3 - haydo (WON)
    2 - A Swallow (DRA)
    1 - ArdentEagle (WON)

RD 1 GCRSCS.png
    This was the prestige match, a repeat of the GF from last season. The Rats were looking for revenge, and had brought in Hatchy1992 from the Dragons to bolster their squad. The Royals themselves was having their first game after the retirement of Kennedy Parker . When the teams lined up with the Fred winner against the Mobbs winner.

It was a low-scoring game characteristic of the teams' respect for each other. The first goal didn't come for 6 minutes! However, it was the new signing Hatchy1992 who made the first impression for his new club, scoring the first 2 goals. After a response from GreyCrow , it was rookie FishingRick04 who scored the final goal of the quarter and the Rats had a 11 point advantage. It was goal for goal in the second quarter, until Hatchy and ant555 scored late goals and the Rats had a 27 point advantage.

Hard work from the Royals brought the deficit down during the third quarter. They outscored the Rats through goals from NTRabbit and brahj , countered by a goal from the Rats by philreich . The deficit was 19. However, in the final quarter it was clear that defence was a priority for the off-season. Only one goal was scored by Marlowe and at the final siren the Rats had won 57-44.

Disposals: SarahSmiles (SCS) 18, GreyCrow (GCR) 17, Marlowe nahnah (GCR), MannumPower GotTheGoodes GremioPower (SCS) 15

Goals: Hatchy1992 (SCS) 3, FishingRick04 (SCS) 2

Tackles: nahnah (GCR) 8, Marlowe (GCR), philreich (SCS) 4

Official Sim Votes
    3 - nahnah (GCR)
    2 - Marlowe (GCR)
    1 - ant555 (SCS)

RD 1 LVBFUR.png
    Eight rookies combined had been recruited as the Bears hosted the Furies. In addition, the Bears had signed Broken . And this match was a great match for all involved.

It says something about the close nature of the match that in the first quarter the only time the lead reached double figures was when Elton Johns Wig scored a goal for the Furies. Even then, Metalcrusher scored soon after to bring the scores back to parity. A last minute goal by Broken was followed by 3 quick goals in the second quarter to bring the Bears to a 19 point lead. A couple more goals from Elton Johns Wig , however, brought things back to a close game and at half time the Bears were ahead by only 2 points.

The second half went the same way as the first. In the third quarter, the margin remaining only in single digits. The only exception was where Millky95 scored a goal, but then that was quickly replied to by Mister M . Both sides had scored 14 goals at the end of it. Would the Furies be able to respond? As it turned out, Captain MWPP had fired up her team and there was another quick burst of 3 goals to start the final quarter. Metalcrusher had scored 7. And despite late goals from the Furies from Elton Johns Wig (who scored 6 of his own) and Ned_Flanders , the Bears held on for a 9 point victory and to kickstart their season.

Disposals: Muddiemoose (LVB) 36, Ned_Flanders (FUR) 35, guero (LVB) 31

Goals: Metalcrusher (LVB) 7, Elton Johns Wig (FUR) 6

Tackles: ChappyUK , Mister M (FUR) 10, Millky95 (LVB) 9

Official Sim Votes
    3 - Mister M (FUR)
    2 - ChappyUK (FUR)
    1 - Millky95 (LVB)

RD 1 MBDGUM.png
    Two of the more settled sides in the competition lined up for their first match of the new season. It was long-standing Captains manangatang and Barrybran lining up against each other.

The first quarter was the Proper Gander and Rodney Dangerfield show. They both scored 3 goals and in an entertaining first quarter the Gumbies took a one goal lead. In a much quieter second quarter the Gumbies outscored the Demons 3 goals to 1 to extend the lead to 17 points. One particular highlight was a debut goal for Demons rookie Heardy_101 . On the other end Gumbies rookie EagleOz was accumulating touches and using the ball well.

Two goals from the Demons reduced the deficit, before the Gumbies hit back with 5 behinds in a row, then goals from Rodney Dangerfield and StFly . A reply from Thetrader15 was a valuable 6 points, and then a smattering of 1 point plays meant that the Gumbies lead was 18 points going into the final quarter. The Demons rallied again and again, and got within a goal twice. However, despite a goal at the end from cooney meaning it was a 1 goal game, the Demons were not able to get that final goal and the Gumbies came away with a valuable victory.

Disposals: StFly (DEM) 27, Ned Ryerson (GUM) 24, DemonJim moginie sausageroll (DEM) EagleOz GWS Goose (GUM) 21

Goals: Thetrader15 , Proper Gander (DEM), Rodney Dangerfield (GUM) 4

Tackles: boncer34 (DEM) GWS Goose (GUM) 7, Riviat (GUM) 6

Official Sim Votes
    3 - Riviat (GUM)
    2 - GWS Goose (GUM)
    1 - boncer34 (MBD)

RD 1 ROYESH.png

It was a close game as the Roys hosted the Hawks. Wosh had returned to the league and was celebrating her 150th game, while the Hawks had a new ruckman in Hate . Holder of the EKA PMBangers was looking to build on last season and new co-captain of the Hawks Chipmunk was overseeing his first game.

por_please_ya for the Hawks scored the first goal in less than a minute, and 9 goals in total were scored in the first quarter. Returner FitzroyRamone was included in the goals for the Roys, whilst Hate himself and fellow returner PhenomenalV1 was in the goals for the Hawks. The Hawks had a lead of 5 points. The game continued goal for goal until 2 goals from fitzroybowiedog gave the Roys a one goal lead at half time.

The third quarter, amazingly, went the same way as the previous two. It was close going goal for goal, until fitzroybowiedog went 1 better. With 3 goals in the late stages of the quarter, the Roys had a 23 point lead. And despite some heroics from Biggie in the final quarter, the Roys secured a valuable 19 point win. fitzroybowiedog ended up on 6 goals.

Disposals: Wosh (ROY), Biggie (ESH) 17, Supersuns (ROY) 16

Goals: fitzroybowiedog (ROY) 6, PhenomenalV1 (ESH) 3

Tackles: PMBangers (ESH) 6, Chipmunk (ESH) 5, JackNah_8 , Allikat (ROY) 4

Official Sim Votes
    3 - fitzroybowiedog (ROY)
    2 - JackNah_8 (ROY)
    1 - Hate (ESH)

Round 2
    RD 2 DRASCS.png
    It was a tight arm wrestle all afternoon at Dragon Island, with the Dragons leading at every change but by the slender margins of 6, 6 and 5. The Dragons kicked the first two goals of the final quarter and looked to be home before a late charge by the Swamprats got them within 4 points in the final two minutes. Blaze Storm kicked the sealer as the Dragons ran out triumphant, and his 4 goals from the forward pocket was a team high and equal to the Swamprats' ant555, who kicked his goals from midfield along with 15 disposals and 4 tackles. FishingRick04 played a huge game for the losing side with 31 disposals, 9 marks and 3 goals whilst a standout for the Dragons was the unusual form T2B_ who managed to grab 10 kicks from a back pocket.

Official Sim Results
    3 - ant555 (SCS)
    2 - FishingRick04 (SCS)
    1 - A Swallow (DRA)

RD 2 FURESH.png
    The Furies' poor start to the season continued on into Round 2 after turning an 11 point half time lead into a 29 point full time deficit and conceding 18 goals in the process. Skipper TJASTA was absolutely everywhere early with 27 disposals, 6 marks and 3 goals from centre half forward, but was ultimately outnumbered and outgunned by the Hawks who had 7 multiple goalscorers headed by Itsmyshow, 11kgm and andleanback who each bagged 3 majors. por_please_ya was the media's best on ground with her 37 touches on a wing but PMBangers is the favourite to take out the three votes after his 22 disposal, 10 tackle, 2 goal performance in the guts. The Furies had a couple of players who excelled alongside TJASTA, most notably JackBero (32 disposals, 7 marks, 1 goal) and GREENESHOOTS (23 disposals, 9 marks, 1 goal).

Official Sim Results
    3 - Mister M (FUR)
    2 - PMBangers (ESH)
    1 - por_please_ya (ESH)

RD 2 GUMGCR.png
    The S30 premiers had been humbled by the Swamprats in Round 1 and kept to just 44 points so it was the unfortunate role of the Gumbies to be the recipient of a great attacking display. The Royals seldom took their foot off the pedal early, getting out to a 52 point lead at half time before cruising to a 68 point win at the final siren. The Filth Wizard had a big day at full forward with 6.3 and there was plenty of qooty to go around for the Royals, including GreyCrow (13 hitouts, 23 disposals, 2 goals), Danger in Texas (28 disposals, 1 goal) and Marlowe (21 disposals, 8 tackles, 2 goals). The Gumbies didn't have much to write home about but Barrybran (18 hitouts, 30 disposals, 2 goals), Ned Ryerson (24 disposals) and GWS Goose (24 disposals, 1 goal) could be proud of their effort.

Official Sim Results
    3 - nahnah (GCR)
    2 - Barrybran (GUM)
    1 - GreyCrow (GCR)

RD 2 LVBCIW.png
    The Bears have been known for their high scoring qooty in the past and they served up an entertaining but ultimately unsuccessful effort against the Warriors. Las Vegas led by a commanding 24 points at the final break but Coney Island slammed on 8 goals in the fourth quarter - including three from Test Tickle - to run out 6 points winner. Testy's move from the ruck into full forward during the match paid off as he finished with 5 goals, whilst his teammates Tonga Bob and kdavva74 were everywhere with 33 disposals each and Freofalcon proved an excellent ruck replacement with his 15 hitouts, 18 disposals and 2 goals. The Bears had plenty of contributors too, namedly Muddiemoose (15 hitouts, 28 disposals, 2 goals), tony (26 disposals, 9 marks) and bl4ke (15 disposals, 4 marks, 4 goals).

Official Sim Results
    3 - TheInjuryFactory (CIW)
    2 - Freofalcon (CIW)
    1 - Millky95 (LVB)

RD 2 MBDROY.png
    The Demons came out firing in their Round 2 clash with the Roys, kicking 12 goals by half time before easing away to a fairly comfortable 41 point win. Proper Gander provided plenty of firepower with 5 goals whilst Tarkyn_24 capped a dominant ruck display of 12 hitouts, 22 disposals and 5 tackles with 2 majors of his own. DemonJim and Callums_Guns proved valuable ball winners across the middle with 28 and 23 disposals respectively and Yakker had an excellent game at centre half back with his 18 disposals and 8 marks. Over at the Roys, it was young gun Supersuns who put in a solid shift at ruck rover with 21 touches, 9 tackles and 7 frees for and he was assisted by the likes of Wosh (25 disposals, 5 marks) and Aristotle Pickett (18 disposals, 5 tackles).

Official Sim Results
    3 - Supersuns (ROY)
    2 - manangatang (MBD)
    1 - Aristotle Pickett (ROY)

RD 2 WCWBOM.png
    Another Round 2 match that ended in a blowout after being close, the Bombers and Wonders were neck and neck all game (the margin rose into double digits just twice) and yet the latter were impotent in the final quarter, conceding 7 goals and losing by 34 points. The Bombers had a great spread of goalkickers with no one kicking more than 2; Pugsley was the MVP in midfield with 24 disposals, 6 tackles and 2 of those goals. Santoz (21 disposals) and Kilroy (20) were the other big ball-winners for Baghdad. The disappointing Wonders, meanwhile, got their best performance out of BlueMaster1 with his 22 disposals, 5 tackles and 2 goals and kudos must go to veteran full back BallaratBulldog who kept his opposing spearhead miggs to just the one goal.

Official Sim Results
    3 - Pugsley (BOM)
    2 - BlueMaster1 (WON)
    1 - ArdentEagle (WON)

Round 3
    RD 3 DRAROY.png
    The Dragons and the Roys both sat with an even 1-1 ledger after round 2. The Dragons had an impressive win over the Swamprats in round 2, while the Roys were soundly beaten by the Demons. But none of that mattered. This game was a full on celebration of the great man ljp86’s 500th game. You read that right. FIVE. HUNDRED. GAMES.

In true Roy style, they rolled over from the start to make sure the Dragons could celebrate the milestone from the first 5 minutes, whe Bonz kicked the first of his 6 goals (6.0 for the game). In the second quarter when ljp86 (24 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 1.1 goals) kicked his goal to put the Dragons 15 points in front, the crowd went absolutely wild. Over Zoom of course. Fans are still being kept away from the stadium due to QOVID regulations.

Jacknah_8 dominated the rick with 11 hitouts, and around the ground with 28 disposals. But the milestone man along with his cohort Matt_352 (22 disposals, 9 marks 2 tackles) had so much of the ball that the Roys filed a petition at half time to try and get access on at least every other weekend. Supersuns found plenty of his own ball by laying tackle after tackle (19 disposals, 10 tackles), and tried his best to feed reluctant forward fitzroybowiedog (3.2 goals). But the Dragons prevailed to the tune of 23 points, and Ljp86 was chaired off no doubt to a fizzy wine reception after the game

Official Sim Votes
    3 - JackNah_8 (ROY)
    2 - Supersuns (ROY)
    1 - BringBackTheAnchor (DRA)

RD 3 FURSCS.png
    The Furies find themselves propping up the ladder after a big loss at home to the Hawks. The Swamprats are unfamiliar territory mid table after a shock loss at in Dragon country last week. Both would be out to set the record straight here.

The Rats, hurting from last week, really wanted to put the Furies to the sword this week and regain some confidence. But it was the Furies who drew first blood through TJASTA (3.2 goals) but the Furies found themselves behind foe pretty much the rest of the game. And by half time the Rats should have been on their way home with the 4 points but for some shocking kicking, Hatchy1992 (6.5 goals) and Nunez (26 disposals, 0.2 goals) were the main culprits, though both had good games overall.

Tigerturbulance dominated the ruck (10 hitouts, 18 disposals, 2.0 goals) and was ably supported by JackBero (22 disposals, 6 marks) but it was GremioPower who was absolutely everywhere with 24 disposals, 9 marks and 3.1 goals. The Rats had a healthy 37 point lead at 3QT but somehow managed to scrape through for a 7 point win after a tremendous 10 goal haul for the Furies in the last, which turned out to be too little too late for them.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - ant555 (SCS)
    2 - GremioPower (SCS)
    1 - Rioli8217 (SCS)

RD 3 GCRBOM.png
    The Royals and the Bombers were both sitting pretty on 1-1 and vying for top spot. Both had come off big wins in round two the Royals at the House of Gumby and the Bombers at the Colosseum.

Although the game started off with a dull fizz, with only a goal apiece in the first quarter, it went on to live up to its MOTR billing. At least it would have done if it had been billed as MOTR anyway. This was a close contest all day. Greycrow dominated the ruck and around the ground (12 hitouts, 18 disposals, 1.0 goals). Nahnah and Danger in Texas huffed and puffed for the Royals, snagging 14 touches and 2 goals apiece but were largely negated by Robr who equalled their combined disposal count and nabbed a goal of his own. iDon, Miggs and Antonio Bluevein shared 7 goals but in the end, the game was decided off the boot of Keg still on legs with a 7 point play to win the game with just over a minute left. Special shout out to ShaunDuggan who’s single disposal was negated by his single free kick against, to leave him with an impressive -1 DT score.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - RobR (BOM)
    2 - nahnah (BOM)
    1 - BLUEALLTHRU (BOM)

RD 3 GUMESH.png
    Gumbies and Hawks both entered round 2 with a 1-1 record. The Hawks had a big win over the Furies last week while the Gumbies had an even bigger loss at home to the Royals. This game was too close to call and Qrown Bet suspended betting in the run up to the first bounce.

The Hawks started on fire in almost every area. Except the important one. Scoring goals. 5 behinds in the first 10 minutes set the tone for their day. But having said that, they were never behind in this game.

Saintkildaman (12 disposals, 7 marks, 1.2 goals) and omgfridge (17 disposals, 7 marks) battled hard in the midfield, feeding the unusually wayward Rodney Dangerfield (3.3 goals). Bu they didn’t stand a chance against the on fire trio of TY24 (24 disposals, 6 tackles, 1.2 goals), Golumless (17 disposals, 8 marks, 2.1 goals) and the sublime SM (25 disposals, 7 marks, 1.2 goals). The Hawks led by 37 points at the final change and decided not to bother coming out for the final quarter. And still they held on comfortably to win by 12 points.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - TY24 (ESH)
    2 - Itsmyshow (ESH)
    1 - Barrybran (GUM)

RD 3 LVBMBD.png
    The Bears had a heartbreaking 6 point loss to the Rats last week, while the Demons strolled to a comfortable win over the Roys. Only percentage - and confidence - separated these teams, both having a 1-1 record.

They say the ladder doesn’t lie but the fact that the ladder had these two teams as being close was a whopper of Trumpian proportions. To be fair, the first half was close, with Metalcrusher (4.1 goals) and Proper Gander (7.2 goals) making the game look easy. But in the second half once pantskyle (30 disposals, 8 tackles, 1.1 goals) and cooney (20 disposals, 5 marks, 4.0 goals) tied that ball to a string, not even a standout performance from Millky95 (27 disposals, 6 tackles, 1.1 goals) and 3 goals from 3 kicks by Jezmeister could keep up with the Demons, who kicked 14 goals to the Bears 5 in the second half.

Special shout out to hilly who failed to register a stat.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - pantskyle (MBD)
    2 - Millky95 (LVB)
    1 - Matera92 (LVB)

RD 3 WCWCIW.png
    The Wonders found themselves in their usual position of not troubling the top 8 after a rough home defeat at the hands of the Bombers last week. While the Warriors were sitting pretty at the top as the only unbeaten side, after a narrow win over the Bears.

The Warriors were straight out of the blocks with Harry000 kicking his first goals early (6.5 goals for the game from 11 kicks), and if it hadn’t been for last night’s hangover - or maybe today’s hair of the dog - making him see at least 12 goal posts, the game could have been over at quarter time.

As it was, haydo (15 disposals, 6 tackles, 2.0 goals) fed from the taps of ArdentEagle (10 hitouts, 18 disposals) and assisted dogs105 in his 3.2 goal haul. With with The Half Back (10 disposals, 5 tackles) and Footyguy12 (12 disposals, 9 marks) being just a smidge more effective - and certainly more effective that BallaratBulldog who failed to register a stat - the Warriors took the four points easily to maintain their unbeaten start.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - haydo (WON)
    2 - TheInjuryFactory (CIW)
    1 - ArdentEagle (WON)

Round 4
    RD 4 BOMGUM.png
    The in-form Bombers returned home from a promising win to face the 1-2 Gumbies and make a push to the top of the table. They began the game as strong favourites with the bookies but were disappointing in the first quarter as the Gumbies piled on 6 goals to take a surprising 4 goal lead at quarter time. The Bombers responded to the criticism with a 5 goal to 2 second quarter , but could've easily kicked 8 goals if they had converted a few more of their 9 behinds in the quarter. The Gumbies fought back in the third quarter with 6 goals to 3 to take a 14 point lead at the final change, but faded later in the game as the Bombers stormed home with an 8 goal final term to seal a memorable 19 point comeback win.

In-form midfielder Pugsley (18 tackles, 143 DT points) starred and his pressure/grunt was unparalleled. He worked well with Bombers teammates Tony Lynn 15 (125 DT, 32 disposals, 2 goals) , Kilroy (101 DT , 28 disposals, 1 goal) and RobR (9 tackles, 102 DT) as skipper Antonio BlueVein and veteran miggs capitalised on the supply with 4 goals each. There were plenty of positives for the Gumbies too, with GWS Goose (24 disposals, 116 DT, 12 tackles) and Riviat (108 DT, 22 disposals, 11 tackles) influential and StFly (30 disposals, 101 DT) also influential despite the loss.

Leading Disposals- Tony Lynn 15 (BOM) 32 StFly (GUM) 30 Kilroy (BOM) 28 Grimesy87 (GUM) 26 GWS Goose (GUM) 24 Jabba73 (BOM) 24
    Leading Goals- miggs (BOM) 4 Antonio BlueVein (BOM) 4 NSWCROW (GUM) 4 Rodney Dangerfield (GUM) 4 peterss (GUM) 3
    Leading Tackles - Pugsley (BOM) 18 GWS Goose (GUM)12 Riviat (GUM) 11 RobR (BOM) 9

Official Sim Results
    3 - Pugsley (BOM)
    2 - GWS Goose (GUM)
    1 - Riviat (GUM)

RD 4 CIWFUR.png
    The unbeaten, top-of-the-table Warriors faced the struggling, winless Furies at their home ground in a match that was expected to be a totally one-sided win to the Warriors. And once the game got underway, the warriors certainly ended up with a comfortable lead in the first quarter but only because they made the most of opportunities , kicking 6.1 while the furies (2.5) struggled to convert. The furies dominated the second quarter, kicking 7 goals to 2 to trim the margin back to 5 points . The third quarter was hard-fought and it was a 1 goal ballgame by the final change, but in the end the Warriors prevailed by 5 points whilst the Furies were left to wonder what might have been.

Talented Warriors quartet Test Tickle (108 DT, 36 disposals) , The Half Back (25 disposals, 13 tackles, 117 DT) , Tonga Bob (28 disposals, 6 marks, 86 DT) , TheInjuryFactory (97 DT points, 29 disposals) and kdavva74 (93 DT, 19 disposals, 3 goals) dominated play and harry000 (6 goals) capitalised to help seal the win. Prominent furies Ned_Flanders (94 DT, 26 disposals) , Elton Johns Wig (5 goals) and Mister M (109 DT, 22 disposals, 9 tackles) kept fighting all day. Tigerturbulance (10 hitouts, 7 tackles, 75 DT points) also had the edge over his opponent, leaving the bottom of the table furies with some positives after their honorable loss.

Leading Disposals- Test Tickle (CIW) 36 TheInjuryFactory (CIW) 29 Tonga Bob (CIW) 28 Ned_Flanders (FUR) 26 Mister M (FUR) 22
    Leading Goals- harry000 (CIW) 6 Elton Johns Wig (FUR) 5 Piggy Smalls (FUR) 3 kdavva74 (CIW) 3 zackah (CIW) 3 Volbeat (CIW) 3
    Leading Tackles - The Half Back (CIW) 13 Mister M (FUR) 9 Tigerturbulance (FUR) 7 TheInjuryFactory (CIW) 4

Official Sim Results
    3 - The Half Back (CIW)
    2 - Mister M (FUR)
    1 - zackah (CIW)

RD 4 ESHWCW.png
    The Hawks looked to cement their top 4 spot against the Wonders, who were aiming to shore up their top 8 spot. The Hawks were favourites in the leadup and the first quarter went to script with the Hawks taking a 10 point lead at the first change and keeping the Wonders in it through inaccuracy. The Wonders found another gear in the second term, kicking an astonishing 10 goals to 3 en route to a 5 goal lead at the main break. The game was a one-sided affair from there as the Hawks had no answer to the Wonders' efficient, champagne football, with a 7 goal three quarter time advantage converted into a 62 point thrashing and upset.

Off Tap (106 DT, 30 disposals) and Sab22 (107 DT, 7 tackles, 4 goals) seemed to have the qooty on a string whilst ArdentEagle (92 DT, 3 goals) and ClarkeM (87 DT, 22 disposals) were also influential. bomberlegend2007 (4 goals) capitalised on the overall dominance. It was a tough day for the Hawks but veterans SM (29 disposals, 94 DT points) , Hate (15 hitouts, 23 disposals, 2 goals, 99 DT points) , Itsmyshow (4 goals) and Agent93 (26 disposals) provided rare individual highlights whilst young skipper Chipmunk (6 tackles) also never gave up in a losing cause

Leading Disposals - Off Tap (WON) 30 SM (ESH) 29 Agent93 (ESH) 26 Hate (ESH) 23 ClarkeM (WON) 22 Crusty Undies (WON) 22
    Leading Tackles - Sab22 (WON) 7 Chipmunk (ESH) 6 Crusty Undies (WON) 4 Agent93 (ESH) 3 Grand Uncle Horace (WON) 3 ClarkeM (WON) 3 ArdentEagle (WON) 3
    Leading Goals - Itsmyshow (ESH) 4 Sab22 (WON) 4 bomberlegend2007 (WON) 4 ArdentEagle (WON) 3

Official Sim Results
    3 - Sab22 (WON)
    2 - ArdentEagle (WON)
    1 - Crusty Undies (WON)

RD 4 MBDDRA.png
    This top 4 clash was billed the Match Of The Round and was expected to be a close contest. The Demons didn't get the memo in the first quarter as they only managed 4 goals in response to the Dragons' 7.8 and trailed by 22 points by the first quarter. A quarter time spray seemed to spark a change, with the Demons kicking 5 goals and keeping the Dragons to 2 , resulting in both teams locked on 9.8 apiece at half time. The third quarter was tight with the Dragons holding onto a slender 4 point lead at three quarter time. In the final term, the Demons took the lead at the 2 minute mark and never conceded it again, with home ground advantage and maturity proving the difference in a memorable comeback 9 point win.

The Demons had class all over the field with pantskyle (99 DT , 10 tackles, 21 disposals), sausageroll (24 disposals and 97 DT on HFF), Dero (99 DT, 23 disposals, 3 goals) and manangatang (94 DT, 5 tackles, 23 disposals and a goal) all having a huge impact. Proper Gander (2.5) struggled to convert her opportunities but fellow forward Heardy_101 (6 goals) had a day out. Surprisingly for a relatively close game, there were few star performers for the Dragons but A Swallow (8 tackles, 83 DT) , Matt_352 (81 DT, 20 disposals) and Ljp86 (78 DT, 23 disposals) battled all day as in-form FF Bonz kicked another bag of 4.

Most Disposals - sausageroll (MBD) 24 manangatang (MBD) 23 Tarkyn_24 (MBD) 23 Dero (MBD) 23 Ljp86 (DRA) 23
    Most Goals - Heardy_101 (MBD) 6 Bonz (DRA) 4 Dero (MBD) 3 serial_thrilla (DRA) 2 Ashman OG (DRA) 2 Proper Gander (MBD) 2
    Most Tackles - pantskyle (MBD) 10 A Swallow (DRA) 8 , manangatang (MBD) 5 Chief (DRA) 4 Tarkyn_24 (MBD) 4

Official Sim Results
    3 - pantskyle (MBD)
    2 - A Swallow (DRA)
    1 - Heardy_101 (MBD)

RD 4 ROYGCR.png
    The rollercoaster Roys looked to bounce back from their tough 4 goal loss to the Dragons as they hosted the struggling, winless reigning premiers. With both teams playing to kickstart their seasons, the first quarter delivered with just 5 points separating the sides at the first break. It remained tight in the second quarter with scores level at 7.7 apiece at half time. In the premiership quarter, the Roys found another gear, piling on 6 goals to 2 to take a handy 26 point lead at the final change. In the end, the one-sided third quarter proved to be the difference as the 4th quarter was just as tight as the earlier two, resulting in a 25 point Roys win.

In-form midfielder Supersuns (24 disposals, 5 tackles, 92 DT) combined well with JackNah_8 (91 DT, 25 disposals) and Wosh (88 DT, 24 disposals, 1 goal) and veteran fitzroybowiedog (8 goals, 96 DT points) was outstanding for the Roys. For the Royals, Marlowe (105 DT, 9 tackles, 26 disposals) was best on ground in a losing cause and got support from his teammates nahnah (80 DT, 20 disposals, 8 tackles). Royals skipper The Filth Wizard (6 goals) presented all day and could've had 10 if he had kicked accurately.

Leading Disposals - Marlowe (GCR) 26 JackNah_8 (ROY) 25 Supersuns (ROY) 24 Wosh (ROY) 24 Danger in Texas (GCR) 24
    Leading Goals - fitzroybowiedog (ROY) 8 The Filth Wizard (GCR) 6 CakeEater (GCR) 2 NTRabbit (GCR) 2 Freo_4eva (ROY) 2 Runk (ROY) 2
    Leading Tackles - Marlowe (GCR) 9 nahnah (GCR) 8 Supersuns (ROY) 5 Ulahoopski (GCR) 5 JackNah_8 (ROY) 4

Official Sim Results
    3 - fitzroybowiedog (ROY)
    2 - Marlowe (GCR)
    1 - Supersuns (ROY)

RD 4 SCSLVB.png
    In Round 4 the Bears travelled to the Underground Stadium to take on the experienced Swamprats. The rats were caught napping as the Bears dominated all over the ground to kick 10.7 goals to 2 in the first quarter. The rats pegged the margin back to 7 goals by the main change but overall the damage was already done - it was back to a 12 goal deficit by three quarter time before the Bears switched to cruise control to finish off with a 67 point win.

Campaignery Metalcrusher (8 goals, 103 DT) had a day out and RookiePick (5 goals) wound back the clock . This was on the back of a powerful Bears engine room performance due to first use from in-form ruckman Muddiemoose (101 DT, 15 hitouts , 7 tackles, 1 goal) and brilliant delivery from rockstar guero (122 DT, 34 disposals , 8 marks , 2 goals) and his midfield partners in crime tony (114 DT, 33 disposals) , Matera92 (7 tackles, 2 goals) and Millky95 (101 DT, 36 disposals ). For the Rats, former Mobbs medallists ant555 (4 goals, 6 tackles 100 DT) and Nunez (29 disposals, 96 DT) were their only silver linings on a day where they lacked any edgie (-1 DT) let alone Sparkle (-2 DT)

Leading Disposals - Millky95 (LVB) 36 guero (LVB) 34 tony (LVB) 33 Nunez (SCS) 29 MannumPower (SCS) 27

Leading Goals - Metalcrusher (LVB) 8 RookiePick (LVB) 5 ant555 (SCS) 4

Leading Tackles - Muddiemoose (LVB) 7 Matera92 (LVB) 7 philreich (SCS) 6 @ant554 (SCS) 6 Ant Bear (SCS) 5

Official Sim Results
    3 - Metalcrusher (LVB)
    2 - ant555 (SCS)
    1 - Millky95 (LVB)

Fred Medal
    Fred Medal.png
    The first major individual medal presentation for the evening is for the Fred Medal, awarded to the leading goalkicker during the regular season rounds. It is named after Sweet FA veteran and founding member Fred, who served this board with great distinction for 415 games, still the 5th highest games aggregate. Previously the Alf Andrews Award, it was renamed to honour the great influence that Fred had over the league, especially in our formative years.

The Winner of the Season 31 Fred Medal is harry000 from the Coney Island Warriors. Harry booted 73 goals for the season and booting 6 in the final round to beat Proper Gander by 3 goals. He averaged 4.3 goals for the season, his biggest haul was in Round 10 where is booted 9 goals.

Congratulations to the S31 Fred Medalist, harry000.

Round 5
  • RD 5 CIWGUM.png
    These two reinvigorated teams faced off at Van Cortlandt Park after a promising buildup during the week, but the Warriors had to find a way to win without their suspended skipper TheInjuryFactory . In a low-scoring but hard-fought first quarter, the Gumbies edged to a 7 point lead at half time which was extended to an 8 point lead at half time. In the premiership quarter, the Gumbies found another gear, piling on 7 unanswered goals whilst holding the Warriors goalless. In the end, the Gumbies were just too good, with the final 34 point margin flattering the Warriors despite their inaccuracy.

Overall, there were few highlights or outstanding performances in this low possession game but in the end, the champion team prevailed over the team of champions. The Gumbies' had a spread of solid contributors including bone2468 (8 tackles, 79DT), Rodney Dangerfield (3 goals) Barrybran (70 DT, 10 hitouts). For the Warriors, Fred medallist harry000 kicked 4 but could've easily had 4 more if it wasn't for inaccuracy. Tonga Bob (21 disposals, 56 DT) tried to step up in his skipper's absence but had little impact. NaturalDisaster (18 disposals, 79 DT points) was resolute at FB in a losing cause.

Leading Disposals - Tonga Bob (CIW) 21 Spanna_ (CIW) 21 Test Tickle (CIW) 20 NaturalDisaster (CIW) 18 , bone2468 (GUM) 18
    Leading Goals - harry000 (CIW) 4 Rodney Dangerfield (GUM) 3 spudd (GUM) 2 Riviat (GUM) 2 Brick Loosener (GUM) 2 zackah (CIW) 2
    Leading Tackles - bone2468 (GUM) 8 NaturalDisaster (CIW) 4 Barrybran (GUM) 4 Genghis Tron (GUM) 3

Official Sim Results
    3 - bone2468 (GUM)
    2 - Test Tickle (CIW)
    1 - Barrybran (GUM)

RD 5 DRALVB.png
    The Dragons were desperate to make amends for running out of Puff in their narrow 11 point loss the previous week whilst hosting the in-form Bears for the prestigious Pie 4 Life cup. They dominated in the first quarter, piling on 5.5 to 1 in the first quarter before extended their lead to 8 goals by half time. In the third quarter, they took their foot off the pedal as the Bears held their own to narrowly claim the quarter, but the 45 point margin at three quarter time was converted into a 63 point thrashing which sent a message to the competition.

Matt_352 (111 DT, 32 disposals, 7 marks, 1 goal) was best on ground and benefited from silver service from Strigoi (100 DT, 27 disposals, 11 hitouts, 2 goals). The Dragons had plenty of other contributors including T2B_ (2 goals, 81 DT) and A Swallow (24 disposals, 7 tackles, 87 DT). They also had a spread of goalkickers, with Bonz and Ashman OG both kicking 3 goals each. For the Bears, Tommycash was in vintage form with an impressive 79 DT points 21 disposals from a non-prime spot, whilst Muddiemoose (73 DT points, 21 disposals, 1 goal) worked hard all day. Rookie Cuzz09 (2 goals, 65 DT points off HFF) showed a lot of promise against his more experienced opponent serial_thrilla

Leading Disposals @Matt_342 (DRA) 32 Strigoi (DRA) 27 A Swallow (DRA) 24 BringBackTheAnchor (DRA) 23 Tommycash (LVB) 21 Muddiemoose (LVB) 21

Leading Goals Bonz (DRA) 3 Ashman OG (DRA) 3 @Knifey Spooney (DRA) 2 Maylandsman (DRA) 2 T2B_ (DRA) 2 Metalcrusher (LVB) 2 Cuzz09 (LVB) 2 Ok Boomer (LVB) 2

Leading Tackles A Swallow (DRA) 7 Millky95 (LVB) 6 T2B_ (DRA) 6 MWPP (LVB) 3 Strigoi (DRA) 3

Official Sim Results
    3 - Matt_352 (DRA)
    2 - Strigoi (DRA)
    1 - T2B_ (DRA)

RD 5 ESHGCR.png
    The East Side Hawks returned home after being demolished by the emerging Wonders the previous week in pursuit of a win against the reigning premiers the Royals. The Royals responded to criticism about a prolonged post premiership hangover and piled on 5 goals to 2 in the first quarter, taking a 21 point lead at quarter time. They extended this to 29 points by half time, but the Hawks found another gear in the third quarter as they kicked 7 goals to 3 to trim the margin back to 1 goal. The final quarter was close initially, with multiple changes in the first 19 minutes, but the final lead change at the 19 minute mark proved to be the final one en route to an 11 point win to the Royals.

ShaunDuggan (29 disposals, 2 goals, 100 DT points) wound back the clock to be best on ground and Royals Captain The Filth Wizard (80 DT points, 7 goals) had a day out , capitalising on the chemistry between Ruckman GreyCrow (12 hitouts, 74 DT points, 21 disposals) and in-form RR Marlowe (24 disposals, 86 DT). It wasn't all one-way with PhenomenalV1 (8 goals, 80 DT points) lived upto his name and single handedly kept the Hawks in the game. However, it wasn't all one way traffic as S30 EKA winner PMBangers (83 DT, 20 disposals, 8 tackles) and young Hawks skipper Chipmunk (84 DT, 9 tackles) dominated. They worked well with experienced midfielder SM (27 disposals, 87 DT) and benefited from supply from their experienced ruckman Hate (17 hitouts, 20 disposals, 78 DT points) in a losing cause.

Leading Disposals - SM (ESH) 27 Marlowe (GCR) 24 grumbleguts (GCR) 22 GreyCrow (GCR) 21 Biggie (ESH) 21 PMBangers (ESH) 20 Hate (ESH) 20
    Leading Goals - PhenomenalV1 (ESH) 8 The Filth Wizard (GCR) 7 Drunkgoliath (ESH) 2 11kgm (ESH) 2 Paddles_ (GCR) 2 ShaunDuggan (GCR) 2
    Leading Tackles - Chipmunk (ESH) 9 PMBangers (ESH) 8 nahnah (GCR) 5 Marlowe (GCR) 5 The acurate one (GCR) 4

Official Sim Results
    3 - The Filth Wizard (GCR)
    2 - PhenomenalV1 (ESH)
    1 - Chipmunk (ESH)

RD 5 MBDFUR.png
    The Demons returned home after their 5 comeback win against the Dragons to face the winless but still fighting furies. Determined to convert their honorable 5 point loss the previous week into a win, the Furies defied the bookies' predictions in a 5 goal to 4 goal first quarter to take a 5 point lead at the first change, then extended this to a 4 goal lead at half time. The Demons lifted in the third quarter and piled on 5 goals to 3 to trim the margin back to 3 goals by the final change, but in the end, the Furies were just too good on the day, finishing off with a comfortable 27 point win.

Tigerturbulance (11 hitouts, 19 disposals, 3 goals, 86 DT points) had the edge over his opponent , whilst Rioli8217 (92 DT, 20 disposals, 6 tackles) and @MisterM (95 DT, 21 disposals, 7 tackles) were also influential for the Furies. It wasn't all one-way traffic with moginie (90 DT, 24 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles) and the in-form sausageroll (3 goals, 7 marks, 81 DT) having days out, whilst Proper Gander and Heardy_101 kicked 4 goals apiece.

Leading Disposals - moginie (MBD) 24 Mister M (FUR) 21 Rioli8217 (FUR) 20 Tigerturbulance (FUR) 19
    Leading Goals - Proper Gander (MBD) 4 Heardy_101 (MBD) 4 sausageroll (MBD) 3 Elton Johns Wig (FUR) 3 Tigerturbulance (FUR) 3
    Leading Tackles - Mister M (FUR) 7 Rioli8217 (FUR) 6 moginie (MBD) 4 Tarkyn_24 (MBD) 4

Official Sim Results
    3 - Mister M (FUR)
    2 - Rioli8217 (FUR)
    1 - Tigerturbulance (FUR)

RD 5 ROYBOM.png
    In the Match Of The Round, the Roys returned home to adoring fans after thumping the Royals the previous week to face the fierce Bombers, who themselves were sitting pretty after a shellacking of the up and coming Gumbies. The Bombers dominated the first quarter and took a 13 point lead into the first change, but from that point on, the match truly lived upto its billing with scores exactly the same at half time (6.3) and three quarter time (8.4) . In a thrilling final quarter , there were 3 lead changes in the first 4 minutes before the Roys got out to a 20 point lead by the halfway point. The Bombers kicked the final 3 goals of the match to take them within 5 points with over a minute to spare, but the Roys hung on to win a 5 point thriller.

Star midfielder Runk (101 DT, 30 disposals , 7 marks) was best on ground, and worked well with Aristotle Pickett (91 DT points, 8 tackles) and Supersuns (96 DT points, 22 disposals) to help give the Roys the edge. Veteran fitzroybowiedog (4 goals, including the one which gave them an impressive 20 point lead ) turned back the clock and Beandip (3 goals) made the most of all of his opportunities. For the Bombers, the evergreen TheCoach16 (5 goals including the final 2 in the game to keep them in it) was impressive whilst talented rookie Jabba73 (74 DT, 23 disposals) showed a lot of promise . @Puglsey (6 tackles and 6 marks) was tenacious all day and never gave up.

Leading Disposals- Runk (ROY) 30 Jabba73 (BOM) 23 Supersuns (ROY) 22 cats2rise (ROY) 22 Wosh (ROY) 20
    Leading Goals- TheCoach16 (BOM) 5 fitzroybowiedog (ROY) 4 Beandip (ROY) 3 kickthething (BOM) 2 Aristotle Pickett (ROY) 2
    Leading Tackles- Aristotle Pickett (ROY) 8 Supersuns (ROY) 7 Pugsley (BOM) 6 JackNah_8 (ROY) 5 RobR (BOM) 4

Official Sim Results
    3 - Aristotle Pickett (ROY)
    2 - Supersuns (ROY)
    1 - RobR (BOM)

RD 5 SCSWCW.png
    The Swamprats returned home to the Underground Stadium after being thrashed by the Bears the previous week, determined to make amends against the in-form Wonders. They hit the ground running, piling on 7 goals to 4 (and could’ve easily had 5 more) to take a 21 point lead at quarter time. The Wonders lifted in the second quarter but faced accuracy issues of their own, kicking 5.7 to trim the half time margin to 4 points. The third quarter was tight and ended with both teams on 85 points, and the final quarter also delivered. There were 9 lead changes, including a goal each way in the final minute, and fittingly, the game ended in a thrilling draw.

The jackster83 (117 DT, 15 hitouts, 32 disposals, 2 goals) versus ArdentEagle (110 DT, 15 hitouts, 31 disposals, 1 goal) was an absolute classic, and experienced Wonder croweater 41 (109 DT, 30 disposals) also dominated. craffles (8 goals) presented all day and capitalised on silver service whilst Rats counterpart Hatchy1992 (5 goals) wound back the clock in a vintage display. Captains philreich (7 tackles, 87 DT points) and @Cadsky (92 DT, 29 disposals) both lead from the front all day. Overall, this classic had multiple outstanding performances from both teams and plenty of highlights.

Leading Disposals- @jackster93 (SCS) 32 , ArdentEagle (WON) 31, croweater 41 (WON) 30 @Cadsky (WON) 29 SSwans2011 (WON) 26, SSwans2011 (WON) 26 philreich (SCS) 25 ,

Leading Goals- craffles (WON) 8, Hatchy1992 (SCS) 5 ClarkeM (WON) 4 @sartaris (SCS) 3

Leading Tackles- ant555 (SCS) 8 , philreich (SCS) 7 , haydo (WON) 6 SSwans2011 (WON) 6

Official Sim Results
    3 - jackster83 (SCS)
    2 - SSwans2011 (WON)
    1 - craffles (WON)

Round 6
  • RD 6 BOMESH.png
    Both sides came into Round 6 off of a loss, with the Hawks losing to the reigning premiers, the Gold City Royals, and the Roys handing and heartbreaking 5-point loss to the bombers. With the season being in its infancy, it wasn’t doom and gloom, but the Hawks went in wanting the win to get back into the 8, and the Bombers wanting to gain some security in the top 4.

The first half looked promising for the Hawks, leading by 10 points at the main break, but kicking only 4 goals in the second half, as the Bombers stormed home for a 30-point victory. The standout performer across both sides was the polarising Santoz (27 disposals and 8 marks), aided by teammates miggs (4 goals), Kilroy (27 disposals and 7 marks) and Jabba73 (18 disposals and 15 hitouts). The Hawks didn’t have too many notable performances, the young, enthusiastic and attractive PMBangers (26 disposals and 4 tackles) was one that stood up, followed closely by golumless (17 disposals and 6 marks) and NinjaSwan (17 disposals and 6 marks).

Official Sim Results
    3 - Pugsley (BOM)
    2 - Jabba73 (BOM)
    1 - PMBangers (ESH)

RD 6 FURDRA.png
    The Furies had a hard start to the season, but came into Round 6 after their first win against the Demons, looking refreshed and revitalised they came against the Dragons who had beaten the Bears to sneak their way into the Top 3.

With the Furies only leading for one minute during the contest, it’s fair to say it was all the Dragons as they stormed home to a 55-point victory. T2B_ (24 disposals and 11 tackles) was the main man for the victors, with Bonz (5 goals) and BringBackTheAnchor (21 disposals and 4 marks) not far behind. The Furies didn’t have everyone roll over and expose their bellies, Lady Godava (22 disposals and 7 marks) and Edmund Hunt (22 disposals and 4 marks) leading the way.

Official Sim Results
    3 - T2B_ (DRA)
    2 - Bonz (DRA)
    1 - Mister M (FUR)

RD 6 GCRCIW.png
    Having suffered their first loss in Round 5 at the hands of the Gumbies, the Warriors were keen to hit Round 6 with aggression, and get back on the winners list over reigning premiers the Gold City Royals. The Royals had the opposite result, overcoming a determined East Side Hawks to push their way back into the top 8.

It was all the Warriors from the get go, only dropping the lead once momentarily in the first quarter. The victors main contributors were toxic (27 disposals, 8 marks and 4 goals) and The Half Back (24 disposals and 3 goals) with midfielders kdavva74 (22 disposals and 2 goals), Tonga Bob (22 disposals and 5 marks) and TheInjuryFactory (25 disposals) all putting in solid performances. The Royals main men were grumbleguts (24 disposals and 5 marks) and GreyCrow (23 disposals, 14 hitouts and 7 tackles), with nahnah (20 disposals and 6 tackles) and Marlowe (19 disposals and 2 goals) also standing tall despite the loss.

Official Sim Results
    3 - The Half Back (CIW)
    2 - GreyCrow (GCR)
    1 - Marlowe (GCR)

RD 6 GUMSCS.png
    Fresh off handing top of the ladder Warriors their first loss of the season, the Gumbies came into Round 6 riding high, looking to continue their winning ways against a demoralised Swamp rats. The Sin City locals were coming in off a disappointing draw with the Wonders, wanting a win to pick up the spirits of the team.

The Gumbies started well with an 8 goal opening term, but failed to maintain the lead over the course of the game as the Swamprats put the foot down to remain in the top 8. Despite the loss, Gumbies own StFly (25 disposals and 5 tackles), Barrybran (21 disposals and 5 tackles) and Rodney Dangerfield (7 goals) were the main drivers to keep the Gumbies in the hunt. The Rats naturally had a lot of contributors with Sparkle (23 disposals, 10 marks and 3 goals) being the standout, the chasing pack including; Gameova_ (25 disposals and 8 marks) and SarahSmiles (19 disposals, 7 marks and 2 goals)

Official Sim Results
    3 - GWS Goose (GUM)
    2 - StFly (GUM)
    1 - Ant Bear (SCS)

RD 6 LVBROY.png
    After two extremely different Round 5 results, with the Bears being torched by 63 points at the hands of the Dragons and the Roys winning by less than a goal against the Bombers, both teams were hoping for big wins heading in to get some separation from the bottom 4.

It was tight throughout, and the Roys headed into the main break with just the 14-point lead, but it was the Bears that would take advantage of the premiership quarter and run out as 15-point victors to sneak back into a finals spot. Muddiemoose (23 disposals, 11 hitouts, 6 tackles and 3 goals) was Rucking awesome, whilst Western Stand Warrior (31 disposals, 8 marks and 2 goals) was a major recipient of the silver service. Notorious goal kicker MetalCrusher slotted 4 goals from 8 scoring shots, whilst mafia extraordinaire tony (24 disposals and 4 marks) was crucial in link up play. Freo4eva_ (19 disposals and 10 marks) and JackNah_8 (24 disposals and 13 hitouts) were the main players for the Roys in the loss

Official Sim Results
    3 - Muddiemoose (LVB)
    2 - JackNah_8 (ROY)
    1 - Western Stand Warrior (LVB)

RD 6 WCWMBD.png
    The Demons came into Round 6 off the back of an embarrassing loss to the Furies, who prior to Round 5 were winless. Lucky for them, an equally demoralised West Coast Wonders were fresh off a draw against the Swamprats, to set up a rare early season crucial clash!

Mount Buller fans were left longing for the snow though, as it was a Wonderful show, with the West Coast locals never dropping the lead from the first score. Star off season recruit ArdentEagle (23 disposals, 14 hitouts, 6 tackles and 2 goals) drew the eye, with croweater 41 (27 disposals and 5 marks) and captain Cadsky (20 disposals, 5 marks and 2 goals) also heavily involved. The Demons had moginie (17 disposals, 4 marks and 2 goals) and sante (14 disposals and 9 marks) to thank for keeping the margin somewhat modest.

Official Sim Results
    3 - ArdentEagle (WON)
    2 - haydo (WON)
    1 - croweater 41 (WON)

Round 7
  • RD 7 BOMSCS.png
    The match of round seven saw the third-placed Bombers host the fifth-placed Swamprats, and this high-scoring contest lived up to the billing. The Babylonians had 31 scoring shots to the 23 that the ‘Rats managed, but it was the straight-shooting visitors that saluted with a seven point victory.

It was an even performance from the Sin Citizens with the pick of the bunch being former admin Ant Bear (24 disposals/10 hitouts/3 tackles/3 goals), FishingRick04 (20 disposals/6 marks/3 tackles/2 goals), backman Quadzilla (20 disposals/4 marks), veteran midfielder ant555 (20 disposals/9 tackles/1 goal), SarahSmiles (18 disposals/4 marks/3 goals), Hatchy1992 (3 goals) and captain/dad joke teller philreich (18 disposals/5 tackles) leading the way.

The pick of the Baghdadis were Rising Star winner Kilroy (game high 27 touches/3 marks/1 goal), canine rover Pugsley (23 touches/5 tackles/2 goals 4 behinds), EKA curse avoider and fun-haver-at-his-new-home RobR (18 touches/6 tackles/1 goal), his partner in crime BLUEALLTHRU (19 touches/7 marks), soon to be exiled dictator Santoz (22 touches) and the moustachioed Here2tellyouwhy (20 touches/4 tackles/4 marks/1 goal). Bovo and The Jesus led all goalscorers with four goals apiece, although Harvey’s five behinds means he could use some tips from Bovo as to how to kick straight.

Leading Disposals: Kilroy (BOM) 27, Ant Bear (SCS) 24, Pugsley (BOM) 23, Santoz (RIP) 22, Quadzilla (SCS) 20, FishingRick04 (SCS) 20, ant555 (SCS) 20, Here2tellyouwhy (BOM) 20

Leading Goalkickers: Bovo (BOM) 4, The Jesus (BOM) 4, SarahSmiles (SCS) 3, Ant Bear (SCS) 3, Sparkle (SCS) 3, Hatchy1992 (SCS) 3

Leading Tackles: ant555 (SCS) 9, RobR (BOM) 6, philreich (SCS) 5, Pugsley (BOM) 5

Official Sim Results
    3 - Ant Bear (SCS)
    2 - Pugsley (BOM)
    1 - Bovo (BOM)

RD 7 ESHCIW.png
    In a fixture that’s been kind to Coney Island in recent seasons, the ladder-leading Islanders travelled to the Eyrie to face an East Side outfit that had lost their last three matches. This is the sort of fixture that the sim loves to flex its shithousery on, however an 11 goal to 3 first half made it clear that the form guide would win out in this instance, with the Wazzas returning to Van Cortlandt Park with a 30 point victory.

When you look up “Captain’s Knock” in the diqionary, you will surely find the effort given by Warriors skipper TheInjuryFactory, who had an extraordinary 16 tackles (four short of the entire Hawks team) to go with 17 disposals and two goals to be the highest ranked player for the game. He was ably supported by fellow Bash Brother The Half Back (a game high 27 disposals/8 tackles), ruckman Test Tickle (21 disposals/12 hitouts/2 goals), veteran backman TubbsFarquhar (19 disposals/7 marks), and Dinsdale (20 disposals). Eventual Fredalist harry000 was the leading goal scorer, kicking three in the decisive opening term before finishing with five, while both rookie sensation DockerDen5215 and returning centreman kdavva74 kicked two goals each along with the aforementioned TiF & Testy.

The better players for the hosts included Agent93 (21 disposals/4 marks), PMBangers (19 disposals/3 tackles/1 goal), Hate (17 disposals/16 hitouts/1 goal), Chipmunk (15 disposals/5 tackles/1 goal) and admin-in-training PMBangers (19 disposals/3 tackles/1 goal). Half-forward eth-dog was the only multiple goal scorer for the East Siders with two.

Leading Disposals: The Half Back (CIW) 27, Test Tickle (CIW) 21, Agent93 (ESH) 21, Dinsdale (CIW) 20, TubbsFarquhar (CIW) 19, PMBangers (ESH) 19

Leading Goalkickers: harry000 (CIW) 5, kdavva74 (CIW) 2, DockerDen5215 (CIW) 2, Test Tickle (CIW) 2, TheInjuryFactory (CIW) 2, eth-dog (ESH) 2

Leading Tackles: TheInjuryFactory (CIW) 16, The Half Back (CIW) 8, Chipmunk (ESH) 5

Official Sim Results
    2 - The Half Back (CIW)
    1 - Hate (ESH)

RD 7 FURROY.png
    The cellar-dwelling Furies ‘entertained’ the Roys at the hippodrome in round 7 and, despite playing against both the Gorillas and the qumpires, came away with a 14 point win in a see-sawing match.

After an even first half, the Furies gained ascendancy in the third quarter as they raced out to a 25 point lead before a goal to Roy WaywardSonSon early in the last quarter evened the scores. The Furies then found another gear to take the lead back out to 28, but the Roys would not lie down and halved the deficit before the final siren blared much to the relief of both the hippodrome crowd and the clientele at Kittens Nightclub.

The hosts were well served by follower Rioli8217 (23 disposals/8 tackles/1 goal), Lady Godava (21 disposals/4 marks/1 goal), Stevi_Tigers (19 disposals) and young gun GREENESHOOTS (18 disposals/7 hitouts/3 tackles/1 goal). Elton Johns Wig led all goalscorers with four, while TJASTA and interchange specialist Edmund hunt both kicked a brace.

The best for the Gorillas included veteran (they all are though, amirite?) Mooch (18 touches/8 marks), rookie Aristotle Pickett (14 touches/6 tackles/1 goal), and ruckman JackNah_8 (13 touches/17 disposals/1 goal), while fitzroybowiedog was the only one of 11 Roy goalscorers that kicked more than one goal.

Leading Disposals: Rioli8217 (FUR) 23, Lady Godava (FUR) 21, Stevi_Tigers (FUR) 19, GREENESHOOTS (FUR) 18, Mooch (ROY) 18

Leading Goalkickers: Elton Johns Wig (FUR) 4, TJASTA (FUR) 2, Edmund hunt (FUR) 2, fitzroybowiedog (ROY) 2

Leading Tackles: Rioli8217 (FUR) 8, Aristotle Pickett (ROY) 6, WaywardSonSon (ROY) 4

Official Sim Results
    3 - Rioli8217 (FUR)
    2 - JackNah_8 (ROY)
    1 - Lady Godava (FUR)

RD 7 GCRMBD.png
    Demon veteran Dero kicked the first goal after 55 seconds. And in hindsight the Royals would have wished for the final siren to be blown because, by the time the final siren eventually went, they had only kicked five goals whereas the visitors had piled on another seventeen majors in what can politely be described as a “pantsing”.

Where to start with the performances for the Mountaineers?? Perennial woooo-merchant cooney had a field day with 25 disposals, 10 marks and three goals, full forward Proper Gander outscored the entire Royals team with her 6 goals 3 behinds, Callums_Guns leading the way disposal-wise with 27 to go with 4 marks and 2 goals, rookie sensation sausageroll with 22 disposals, 9 marks and a goal, fellow HFF Dero (21 disposals/9 marks/2 goals), DemonJim (22 disposals/5 marks), @captian manangatang (18 disposals/8 tackles), ruckman Tarkyn_24 (17 disposals/10 hitouts/5 tackles), the entire backline led admirable by Van_Dyke & Yakker, and anthropomorphic orangutan pantskyle (20 disposals/4 tackles).

The only players for the Gold Citizens that stood out for the right reasons were overworked defenders MrPremiership (19 touches/4 marks) and Danger in Texas (more like danger in Gold City imo) (20 touches/4 marks), while ruckman GreyCrow (17 touches/7 marks) was also sent back to stem the tide.

Leading Disposals: Callums_Guns (MBD) 27, cooney (MBD) 25, DemonJim (MBD) 22, sausageroll (MBD) 22, Dero (MBD) 21, pantskyle (MBD) 20, Danger in Texas (GCR) 20, MrPremiership (GCR) 19

Leading Goalkickers: Proper Gander (MBD) 6, cooney (MBD) 3, Thetrader15 (MBD) 2, Callums_Guns (MBD) 2, Dero (MBD) 2, Heardy_101 (MBD) 2

Leading Tackles: manangatang (MBD) 8, Tarkyn_24 (MBD) 5, pantskyle (MBD) 4, Blacky (GCR) 4

Official Sim Results
    3 - manangatang (MBD)
    2 - Callums_Guns (MBD)
    1 - Proper Gander (MBD)

RD 7 GUMDRA.png
    Like many matches in round seven, the ten scoring shots to one in favour of the hosts indicated that this contest between the 11th-placed Gumbies and the 2nd-placed Dragons was essentially over by quarter time. The 34 point deficit was too much for the visitors to overcome, as the margin stayed with a couple of goals of this deficit for the remainder of the match to provide us with the upset of the round.

The Gumbies midfield stepped up to take ascendancy over their scaly counterparts as GWS Goose (a game high 29 disposals to go with 7 tackles & 2 goals), Barrybran (27 disposals/6 tackles/10 hitouts/1 goal), EagleOz (24 disposals/7 marks/4 tackles/2 goals), Riviat (17 disposals/7 tackles/2 goals) and Ned Ryerson (19 disposals/3 marks) led the way for the plasticine people. Pocket dynamo wherearemykeys led all comers in front of goal with 5.1 to make up for the inaccurate kicking from compatriots Rodney Dangerfield (1.4) & BlueE (1.6).

For the visitors Matt_352 (23 touches/4 marks/2 goals) and A Swallow (16 touches/9 tackles/1 goal) led the way while Blaze Storm kicked a couple of goals, MC Bad Genius (22 touches/3 marks) and skinny flanker serial_thrilla (19 disposals/4 marks) gave good effort.

Leading Disposals: GWS Goose (GUM) 29, Barrybran (GUM) 27, EagleOz (GUM) 24, Matt_352 (DRA) 23, MC Bad Genius (DRA) 22, Ned Ryerson (GUM) 19, beez (GUM) 19, serial_thrilla (DRA) 19,

Leading Goalkickers: wherearemykeys (GUM) 5, EagleOz (GUM) 2, GWS Goose (GWS) 2, Riviat (GUM) 2, Matt_352 (DRA) 2, Blaze Storm (DRA) 2

Leading Tackles: A Swallow (DRA) 9, GWS Goose (GUM) 7, Riviat (GUM) 7

Official Sim Results
    3 - GWS Goose (GUM)
    2 - Riviat (GUM)
    1 - A Swallow (DRA)

RD 7 WCWLVB.png
    The Bears travelled to the Colosseum fresh off a loss, but given they’ve alternated between wins and losses over the past month they were hoping for the trend to continue. They were facing a Wonders team that were two points ahead of them on the ladder, so this shaped up as a close one.

The first half saw the Coasters maintain a two goal advantage for most of the time, however a seven goal to one third quarter from the Las Vegans turned the contest on its head to take a 26 point lead into the final stanza. A combination of three clutch goals from Wonder fixture ClarkeM and the Bears deciding that this was as good a time as any to go into hibernation by adding only a solitary point to their score meant that the hosts saw a 39 point turnaround in their favour to win by 13.

There were many winners across the board for the Wonders, with ArdentEagle (29 disposals/8 hitouts/1 goal), the man with many names Mozzie19 (26 disposals/4 marks/2 goals), squilliongenerian Grand Uncle Horace (22 disposals/1 goal) and SSwans2011 (17 disposals/3 tackles/2 goals) leading the way while @ClarkeM‘s six goals was pivotal. The best of the Bears included gun ruckman Muddiemoose (21 touches/13 hitouts/5 tackles), backline enforcer tony (17 touches/7 marks/3 tackles) and Matera92 (17 touches/5 tackles/1 goal), while both Metalcrusher & RookiePick kicked three snags each.

Leading Disposals: ArdentEagle (WON) 29, Mozzie19 (WON) 26, Grand Uncle Horace (WON) 22, Muddiemoose (LVB) 21, tony (LVB) 17, Matera92 (LVB) 17

Leading Goalkickers: ClarkeM (WON) 6, Metalcrusher (LVB) 3, RookiePick (LVB) 3, Mozzie19 (WON) 2, SSwans2011 (WON) 2

Leading Tackles: Metalcrusher (LVB) 5, Muddiemoose (LVB) 5, Matera92 (LVB) 5

Official Sim Results
    3 - ClarkeM (WON)
    2 - SSwans2011 (WON)
    1 - Muddiemoose (LVB)

Round 8
  • RD 8 DRAGCR.png
    It was a sorry day for the Dragons at their home ground, with the reigning premiers kicking 7 goals to 1 in the final quarter to win in the end by 78 points. The Filth Wizard was inaccurate from full forward with his 3.5 but luckily his teammates stepped up, namely NTRabbit (4.1) and Easty (4.0 with 16 disposals and 6 marks). GreyCrow put in a best-on-ground performance for the visitors with 15 hitouts, 33 disposals and 3 goals) and he's likely to poll alongside the likes of Gadzorks (24 disposals, 7 marks) and Marlowe (25 disposals, 6 tackles). The Dragons struggled all day, but their best were likely Bradesmaen (27 touches, 3 marks) and T2B_ (14 disposals, 11 tackles).

Official Sim Results
    3 - GreyCrow (GCR)
    2 - Danger in Texas (GCR)
    1 - Marlowe (GCR)

RD 8 FURWCW.png
    It was one of the most exciting games of the season when two sides struggling off-field met at Punt Road Oval. A muddy low-scoring affair was put to bed in the 7th minute of the fourth quarter by ClarkeM and the Wonders held on beautifully to keep the game goalless in the remaining 18 minutes. BallaratBulldog was the main instrument of the backline, keeping Elton Johns Wig to just 2 goals while picking up 10 disposals and 4 marks himself from full back. JT_the_Man starred with 18 disposals and 6 marks whilst his partner-in-crime Sab22 finished with 17 touches and 6 marks of his own. The Furies, who led at half time, were led ably by Tigerturbulance's 14 hitouts, 20 disposal performance in the ruck and Sterge was huge across the ground with 21 disposals and 8 marks after splitting his time between the backline and midfield.

Official Sim Results
    3 - Tigerturbulance (FUR)
    2 - haydo (WON)
    1 - SSwans2011 (WON)

RD 8 LVBGUM.png
    beez winner Barrybran couldn't inspire his troops to upset his former side at the SITS, and 5 goals from spearhead Metalcrusher were enough of a difference to win the game by 35. Muddiemoose absolutely dominated the inexperienced Gumbies midfield, getting 14 hitouts along with 32 disposals and 2.3, and Cuzz09 played a starring role off a half forward flank with their 20 touches, 7 marks and 3 goals. Ned Ryerson was the Gumbies best in a disappointing loss with 26 disposals and 7 marks off a wing and Riviat could be a chance to poll with his game high 6 tackles.

Official Sim Results
    3 - Barrybran (GUM)
    2 - Metalcrusher (LVB)
    1 - Muddiemoose (LVB)

RD 8 MBDBOM.png
    It was a high scoring shootout at the Snow Dome in Round 8, with the Demons setting the tone early with 6 goals in the first quarter before the Bombers brought it home with 7 goals in the last to seal a 12 point win. BLUEALLTHRU was the unrivalled star on the day, booting 10.1 including four in the crucial final quarter. His FF counterpart Proper Gander kicked 7 of her own and Tarkyn_24 had a big afternoon with 15 hitouts, 25 disposals and 3 goals. Apart from BAT's best on ground performance, the Bombers were fired to victory by the likes of kickthething (18 kicks, 3 goals), Jabba73 (18 hitouts, 20 disposals, 2 goals) and RobR (25 disposals, 2 goals).

Official Sim Results
    3 - BLUEALLTHRU (BOM)
    2 - Proper Gander (MBD)
    1 - Tarkyn_24 (MBD)

RD 8 ROYCIW.png
    Despite a strong start from the Warriors, the Roys were able to kick accurately and inflict just a second loss for the season on their opponents. fitzroybowiedog popped up with 4 goals but the star of the show was undoubtedly Wosh against her old side, racking up 34 disposals, 6 marks and 3 goals. Supersuns is likely to feature in the Mobbs votes for this one with his 22 disposals, 11 tackles and 2 goals whilst JackNah_8 (14 hitouts, 21 disposals, 8 tackles) and royboy2 (25 diposals, 1 goal) could feature as well. TheInjuryFactory put up a Herculean effort in a losing side, laying a whopping 16 tackles to go with 27 disposals whilst Test Tickle was absolutely dominant around the ground, finishing with 13 hitouts and 29 disposals.

Official Sim Results
    2 - Supersuns (ROY)
    1 - Wosh (ROY)

RD 8 SCSESH.png
    Heading down to the Underground Stadium is never an easy away trip but the Hawks were able to keep the Swampies at arm's length throughout the match and secure a 3 goal victory. PhenomenalV1 and Itsmyshow proved a lethal double act up forward with 4 goals each, and through the middle there were plenty of contributors with Hate, SM, Agent93, por_please_ya, TY24 and Chipmunk all picking it up 17 disposals or more. ant555 was probably the best on an average day for the Swamprats, laying 12 tackles and getting 14 touches, and Hatchy1992 can be proud of his 4.2 effort.

Official Sim Results
    3 - PMBangers (ESH)
    2 - ant555 (SCS)
    1 - philreich (SCS)

Frankston Rover Award
  • Frankston Rover Award.png

The Frankston Rover award (also known as the admin suck up award), recognises a person who has contributed in an outstanding fashion to the running of the league. Named after League Hall of Famer Frankston Rover, the historical honours reads as a who’s who of the league – names such as Ljp86 (3 times), Hate thrice, Broken and Mobbs himself (twice). This award is an Admins choice award.

Before I get to this award, I would like to show some gratitude to all those who made this season possible. First of all, obviously being my first season as admin, I came into the role not really knowing what to expect. I had a lot of support behind me to help in my first season. I would like to thank my predecessor Ant Bear for his support when I was first elected, I would also like to thank former admins The Filth Wizard and Hate for also showing much support behind the scenes. Secondly, to the simmers committee. Barrybran, Dingster Wosh, philreich, FootyGuy13. Without these efforts on a weekend, the league doesn't function. Thanks to Ljp86 with his continued efforts with the ladder and fixtures and finally thanks to serial_thrilla for taking up the huge league stats job. Thanks also to all those who contributed to the All-SFA, beez and Mobbs night.

I was really tossing up on this one and, it was between two. I have decided to instead announce the joint winners of the FR award to be Barrybran and Dingster. After Hate stepped down as a league simmer last season, Baz and Ding increased their workload each week to keep the league running.

Baz has contributed a whole body of work to the league the last few seasons, simming, work during the SFA Qooty tour, stats work, graphics. He has especially been huge assistance in All SFA discussions including taking the initiative to publicly announce the All SFA nominees (because I am as he quoted "a lazy twat"), as well as his help with the All SFA award presentations.

Dingster I have chosen to give some recognition to, for not only his sim work, but his efforts in assisting with league recruitment, not only this season, but in the last several. I have lost count of how many times teams have struggled for posters and Ding has come back with 3-4 singings for them. Posters helping out teams that are not their own are a rare breed in the SFA, and thus Dings work should be commended.

TFLUA-Tiger Award
  • TFLUA Tiger Medal.png
    The TFLUA_Tiger Award was created as the Committees choice of the best player in the sim back in Season 12, in response to the proclivity of Mids winning the Mobbefuhrer Medal. In S28, ownership of this award was given back to the Committee, who voted on whatever criteria they each felt most appropriate for the best player of the season, on a 3-2-1 basis.

This season, 10/12 clubs voted for the TFLUA Tiger (One of the other two struggled so much he even begged others in the committee to vote for him). Even if the last two clubs had voted, the result would not have changed. sausageroll, yours truly, Strigoi, Muddiemoose, Marlowe, guero, Heardy_101, The Half Back, Supersuns, SarahSmiles and omgfridge all received votes in this seasons TFLUA Tiger Count.

However, one player scored votes from all clubs that voted, except 1. I would like to announce the runaway winner (with 25 votes) of the S31 TFLUA Tiger Medal to be Muddiemoose of the Las Vegas Bears. Despite playing for a team that struggled on field, Moose proved himself as one of the dominate players and number one Ruckman in the Sweet FA. He finished the season with the most hitouts (Average of 12.8 per game), disposals (22.6 per game) and kicks (Average of 12.1 per game). He was also selected as the Ruckman of the All SFA team.

His best performance of the season came in Round 8 where he got 14 Hitouts, 22 disposals, 2 goals and a DT of 126.

Congratulations to the S31 TFLUA Tiger Medal Winner, Muddiemoose.

Last edited:
    Round 9
  • RD 9 BOMDRA.png
    The Dragons had suffered a humiliating 12 goal loss at home to the Royals last week, which had pushed them outside the top four. The Bombers had taken the four points in an epic scrap with the Demons, and were only percentage points away from second spot on the ladder.

The Bombers roared out of the blocks and snagged a couple early. But then appeared to sit back and admire their work, while the Dragons were still a bit shellshocked. It took almost another 20 minutes until there was more goal action, and Bonz (7.0 goals for the game) snagged a 3-minute hat-trick to even up the ledger at quarter time. For the next 50 minutes, the game see-sawed, with Tony Lynn (29 disposals, 1.1 goals) and RobR (18 disposals, 7 tackles, 2.0 goals) running riot for Bombers, and VandoHawk (23 disposals, 7 marks 1.1 goals) doing his best to counter and feed the insatiable Bonz.

Umpires pet Puglesy (6 frees for) was tackling everything in sight (8 tackles) as the Dragons started to get a hold of the game in the last quarter. But despite Bonz, KnifeySpooney (2.1 goals) and Ljp86 (1.0) contributing to an 8-goal return for them, they ultimately fell 3 points short. If the game had gone for another minute or two, we might have had a different outcome.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - RobR (BOM)
    2 - Pugsley (BOM)
    1 - Bonz (DRA)

RD 9 CIWSCS.png
    The Swamprats suffered a humiliating and uncharacteristic loss at home to the Hawks last week, while the Warriors had also slipped at the home of the Roys. Both teams would be looking to make a statement coming into this game.

The first half of this game was a tough and tight affair, with two evenly matched teams swapping goal for goal, with Hatchy1992 (4.2 goals), Zackah (5.0 goals) and Harry000 (3.2 goals) all getting in on the act. The Sin City side just edged the first half, leading by 2 goals at the major break.

The second half was a completely different game, with the Rats failing to show up and the Warriors turning in an impressing performance to win the half 11 goals to 3, and the game comfortably. The Half Back (29 disposals, 2.0 goals), Lord_Flashart (29 disposals, 1.1 goals) and Tonga Bob (30 disposals) absolutely ran riot. But for a token challenge by Gotthegoodes (24 disposals) and Ant Bear (15 disposals, 5 tackles), this could have turned into something really embarrassing for the Swamprats. The Warriors remain in top spot on the ladder.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - The Half Back (CIW)
    2 - Lord_Flashheart (CIW)
    1 - zackah (CIW)

RD 9 ESHMBD.png
    The Hawks came into this game on something of a high after a solid win over the Sin City Swamprats last week, while the Demons lost out to the Bombers in a classic ding dong battle.

First quarter started in an even contest with Azarole (4.0 goals) and Proper Gander (4.2 goals) getting in on the act early. The Hawks bossed the second quarter with Por_please_ya (31 disposals, 1.2 goals) and Biggie (33 disposals) having the ball on a string. Unfortunately a string of misses in front of goal - notably PhenomenalV1 (2.2 goals) and Por_please_ya with 1.2 goals allowed the Mount Buller side to take a 3 goal lead into half time, despite having less scoring shots.

Whatever was said in the rooms at half time had a marked effect on the Demons and they came out all guns blazing. Pantskyle (27 disposals, 14 tackles) and Manangatang (22 disposals, 11 tackles) put on an incredible display of defensive strength and offensive craft. Simultaneously killing the Hawks movement and starting wave after wave of attacks. Tarkyn_24 was good in the ruck and great around the ground, with 30 disposals and 5 tackles of his own, and DemonJim would have racked up more Mobbs votes in any other midfield than this one. The Demons ran out 11 goal winners, and staked their claim for the top spot.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - pantskyle (MBD)
    2 - manangatang (MBD)
    1 - Hate (ESH)

RD 9 GCRLVB.png
    Gold City Royals 22.10.142 def Las Vegas Bears 19.7.121
    Royals were coming off smashing the Dragons into submission last week, leaving them just outside the 8, while the Bears regulation 5 goal beating of the Gumbies left them 4 points ahead of today’s revals. This was expected to be something of a battle, and so it was.

The game started apace with both teams creating chances. But while The Filth Wizard (5.1 goals) was kicking straight, the Bears were not. And their inaccuracy cost them early. Thanks to the aforementioned plus a couple from Greycrow and Danger in Texas, the Royals from Gold City took a solid 3 goal lead into half time.

In the second half, it was the Marlowe show, with the league stalwart turning in an absolute clinic; One for the books. He laid tackle after tackle - 11 in total - and had 28 disposals for the game. Not only that but he snagged 4 majors too. Ably supported by Spookism (32 disposals), the Bears just couldn’t keep pace, despite 19 hitouts and 28 disposals from Muddlemoose. While their accuracy got better and Metalcrusher kicked 4 straight, the Royals ran on 21 point winners.

Official Sim Votes
    3. Marlowe (GCR)
    2. Matera92 (LVB)
    1. Western Stand Warrior (LVB)

RD 9 GUMFUR.png
    Perennial bottom feeders the Gumbies had added to their spoon credentials no harm with a 30 point loss to the Bears last week, while the Furies remained rooted to the bottom after a close loss to the high flying Wonders. This was not expected to be a game for the purist.

However, both teams came out all guns blazing and proved all the critics wrong, swapping 40 goals in this game. Six goals apiece in the first quarter set the tone, with Piggy smalls (16 disposals 4.2 goals) and Rodney Dangerfield (7.4 goals) stating their intentions. And this pattern continued throughout the game.

Tigerturbulence (23 hitouts, 23 disposals) must wonder what he has to do win a game, such was his ruck dominance. And the way TJASTA (26 disposals) and Rioli0217 (23 disposals, 7 tackles, 3.1 goals) ran around would have led the Furies to a handy win in any other game, but in this one beez (25 disposals, 10 marks, 2.2 goals) and Brick Loosener (21 disposals, 4.2 goals) refused to give any ground. The Gumbies win could have been even greater but for a number of horrible misses but they had enough in the tank to win this one comfortably.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - Rioli8217 (FUR)
    2 - Rodney Dangerfield (GUM)
    1 - Brick Loosener (GUM)

RD 9 WCWROY.png
    Wonders came into this game in second spot on the ladder after an uninspiring 1 goal win over last placed Furies last week. The Roys were propping up the 8 after a solid win over ladder leaders Coney Island. So this had all the hallmarks of ….. a game of qooty.

The Roys started the brighter, with Barrels sneaking forward for a rare 6-pointer. Fitzroybowiedog and Beandip both got the first of their collective 9 goal haul putting the Roys 20 points up before the Wonders got off the mark - and that to a rushed behind. The second quarter was a slightly better contest but with Fitzroybowiedog (6.4 goals) and Beandip (5.4 goals) continuing to add to their score, Jezzajay (30 disposals, 6 tackles, 3.0 goals) must have felt like one of those dung beetles trying to keep his side in it.

The ruck duel was fascinating in this one. Jacknah_8 (13 hitouts, 25 disposals) just about edged SSwans2011 (12 hitouts, 24 disposals). In the engine room, haydo (29 disposals, 8 tackles, 1.3 goals) and Runk (31 disposals, 11 marks) battled hard to feed their forwards. But while the Roys forwards kept scoring, the Wonders were let down by a series of bad misses by haydo and ClarkeM (1.4 goals). ClarkeM’s only goal of the game came with a minute left to play, and only served to reduce the deficit slightly.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - jezzajay (WON)
    2 - fitzroybowiedog (ROY)
    1 - Aristotle Pickett (ROY)

Round 10
  • RD 10 DRAESH.png
    Despite losing three of their last four matches, the East Side Hawks had prepared well for their trip to Dragon Island where the hosts were also on a three game losing streak. Unfortunately they left one thing behind – the script. All of the other visiting teams in round ten managed to do the needful and win away from home but, after a 13 goal to 5 opening half, things looked grim for the East Siders. Four goals to two in the third quarter gave hope to the green & gold, however it proved to be an exception as the Dragons stormed home to finish 61 points to the good.

The scaly centreline of MC Bad Genius (30 disposals/4 marks), Matt_352 (23 disposals/4 marks/4 tackles/3 goals) and Bradesmaen (25 disposals/6 marks/1 goal) along with follower T2B_ (20 disposals/10 tackles/1 goal) were delivered silver service from wooly rucklamb Strigoi (28 disposals/11 hitouts/5 tackles/3 goals), while the likes of veteran Ljp86 (19 disposals/5 marks/3 tackles/2 goals), Ashman OG (3 goals) and gun recruit Bonz (a game high 4 goals) were on the end of the midfield dominance.

All-SFA winger-in-waiting por_please_ya (30 touches/5 marks) and four-eyed draft-watching nerd PMBangers (24 touches/8 tackles/3 goals) were the pick of the Hawks, while captain Agent93 (28 touches/3 marks), SM 22 touches/8 marks/1 goal), Chipmunk (19 touches/9 tackles/1 goal) and PhenomenalV1 (3 goals) could also look themselves in the mirror after the game without feeling a sense of remorse.

Leading Disposals: MC Bad Genius (DRA) 30, por_please_ya (ESH) 30, Strigoi (DRA) 28, Agent93 (ESH) 28, Bradesmaen (DRA) 25, PMBangers (ESH) 24, Matt_352 (DRA) 23, SM (ESH) 22

Leading Goalkickers: Bonz (DRA) 4, Matt_352 (DRA) 3, Ashman OG (DRA) 3, Strigoi (DRA) 3, PhenomenalV1 (ESH) 3, PMBangers (ESH) 3

Leading Tackles: T2B_ (DRA) 10, Chipmunk (ESH) 9, PMBangers (ESH) 8

Official Sim Results
    3 - PMBangers (ESH)
    2 - Strigoi (DRA)
    1 - T2B_ (DRA)

RD 10 FURGCR.png
    The first successful extraction saw the reigning Premiers travel to the cellar-dwelling Furies and, after kicking eight of the first ten goals of a low-scoring affair, had killed this off as a contest by half time.

For the victors, centreman spookism turned back the clock to rack up a game high 26 disposals to go with 5 marks feeding of the silver ruck service of GreyCrow (21 disposals/15 hitouts/1 goal) while the much vaunted Royals defence held strong, marshalled by the likes of MrPremiership Blacky Noobz0r Danger in Texas Smartys Power & brahj. Up front captain The Filth Wizard led the line with 4 goals while NTRabbit (3 goals), Easty & Ulahoopski (2 goals each) chimed in.

Fury captain-in-waiting Bastyy (19 touches/6 marks/1 goal) was arguably the best for the home side, while there were handy performances from Lady Godava (20 touches/5 marks), GREENESHOOTS (16 touches/3 marks) and Elton Johns Wig (3 goals), but really the story for the Magenta Maniacs was that too much was left to too few.

Leading Disposals: spookism (GCR) 26, GreyCrow (GCR) 21, Lady Godava (FUR) 20, Bastyy (FUR) 19, GREENESHOOTS (FUR) 16, MrPremiership (GCR) 15

Leading Goalkickers: The Filth Wizard (GCR) 4, NTRabbit (GCR) 3, Elton Johns Wig (FUR) 3, Easty (GCR) 2, Ulahoopski (GCR) 2

Leading Tackles: nahnah (GCR) 5, Edmund hunt (FUR) 5

Official Sim Results
    3 - GreyCrow (GCR)
    2 - nahnah (GCR)
    1 - The Filth Wizard (GCR)

RD 10 LVBBOM.png
    Much like the Hawks earlier, you would have been forgiven for thinking that the Baghdad Bombers hadn’t read the script midway through the third quarter of their match with the Las Vegas Bears. Down by 58 points with a measly five goals to their name, a genuine upset looked to be on the cards.

Step up Here2tellyouwhy.

Two majors in 90 third-quarter seconds from the moustachioed menace kick started the Babylonian assault, kicking 11 of the last 12 goals to run over the top of the Bears in a famous 7-point victory.

The stars for the Bombers were undoubtedly @Pugsly (29 disposals/11 tackles/1 goal), Tony Lynn 15 (30 disposals/6 marks), Kilroy (25 disposals/6 marks/1 goal), RobR (21 disposals/4 tackles/2 goals) and rookie ruck Jabba73 (22 disposals/11 hitouts/4 tackles). The defence was marshalled by TheCoach16 (20 disposals/6 marks/6 tackles) and The Jesus (21 disposals/5 marks/3 tackles), while up front Here2tellyouwhy added two last quarter goals to finish on four and Judd_Magic (3 goals) & MITS (2 goals) were the other multiple goalkickers.

For the Las Vegans it was the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. The Good included sophomore ruckman Muddiemoose (26 touches/14 hitouts/3 goals), Western Stand Warrior (21 touches/6 marks/1 goal), Broken (19 touches/10 marks/3 goals), RookiePick (3 goals from as many kicks) and Millky95 (19 touches/8 tackles/1 goal). The Bad included both the row of donuts from I Dont Care and the second half fade out. The Ugly though is the topic of round 10’s Kontroversy Korner.

Much has been made of the rours that Las Vegas Leadership Group member and full forward Metalcrusher is eyeing off a move to the Caliphate to take over from Sultan Antonio BlueVein next season. And with many such moves, a goodwill offering is usually given by a prospective applicant before making such a move. Taking a look at what Metalcrusher had as a stats line, it seems as though that goodwill offering has been made: five kicks, zero goals, five behinds. Five misses in a choke of Normanesqe proportions where the final margin is seven points is telling. What is more telling is that even though this result did not affect Baghdad’s chances of making finals, a victory for the Bears would have seen them leapfrog the Hawks, Roys, Swamprats & Dragons into 7th spot and into an elimination final against… THE BAGHDAD BOMBERS!! The ultimate in shithousery from the Babylonians as Metalcrusher employs a Scorched Earth policy on his way out along the Euphrates.

Leading Disposals: Tony Lynn 15 (BOM) 30, Pugsley (BOM) 29, Muddiemoose (LVB) 26, Kilroy (BOM) 25, TheCoach16 (BOM) 22, Jabba73 (BOM) 22, The Jesus (BOM) 21, RobR (BOM) 21, Western Stand Warrior (LVB) 21

Leading Goalkickers: Here2tellyouwhy (BOM) 4, Judd_Magic (BOM) 3, Broken (LVB) 3, RookiePick (LVB) 3, Muddiemoose (LVB) 3

Leading Tackles: Pugsley (BOM) 11, Millky95 (LVB) 8, Matera92 (LVB) 7

Official Sim Results
    3 - Pugsley (BOM)
    2 - Millky95 (LVB)
    1 - Muddiemoose (LVB)

RD 10 MBDCIW.png
    The match of the round saw the team with the highest percentage host the team with the most premiership points, and it turned out to be a real spectacle for the neutral observers as the Warriors prevailed in a 39-goal shootout. Things were looking good for the Mountaineers after kicking four goals in the first ten minutes before the Islanders kicked the next seven to pull away to a lead that would never be seriously threatened from then on.

harry000 was the chief destroyer for the visitors with nine goals straight to provide the industrious Wazza midfield with a focal point up front. He was well fed by the likes of Tonga Bob (28 disposals/12 marks/1 goal), Lord_Flashheart (27 disposals/4 marks/1 goal), kdavva74 (27 disposals/4 marks), The Half Back (23 disposals/6 tackles), TheInjuryFactory (19 disposals/9 tackles/1 goal), Test Tickle (20 disposals/8 marks/3 hitouts/1 goal) and Spanna_ (19 disposals/8 hitouts/1 goal), while veteran sharpshooter Stronzo chimed in with a couple of goals.

Meanwhile the hosts were well served by Once Were Warrior pantskyle (24 touches/3 tackles/5 goals), Callums_Guns (28 touches/3 marks), moginie (24 touches/6 marks), Proper Gander (4 goals), Tarkyn_24 (19 touches/21 hitouts/3 tackles/1 goal) and captain manangatang (13 touches/10 tackles). The Deez small forwards were also a handful as sausageroll, Headless & Azarole all booted a brace of majors each.

Leading Disposals: Tonga Bob (CIW) 28, Callums_Guns (MBD) 28, Lord_Flashheart (CIW) 27, kdavva74 (CIW) 27, pantskyle (MBD) 24, moginie (MBD) 24, The Half Back (CIW) 23

Leading Goalkickers: harry000 (CIW) 9, pantskyle (MBD) 5, Proper Gander (MBD) 4, Stronzo (CIW) 2, sausageroll (MBD) 2, Headless (MBD) 2, Azarole (MBD) 2

Leading Tackles: manangatang (MBD) 10, TheInjuryFactory (CIW) 9, The Half Back (CIW) 6

Official Sim Results
    3 - pantskyle (MBD)
    2 - harry000 (CIW)
    1 - TheInjuryFactory (CIW)

RD 10 ROYSCS.png
    The final match of round ten saw the Swamprats travel to the BJO on the second leg of a road trip to face a Roys outfit two points but five spots underneath them on the ladder. They kicked the first three goals within the opening ten minutes and never looked back without getting into fourth gear to come home with a 39 point win.

It was the old guard that led the way for the Sin Citizens as Ant Bear (30 disposals/18 hitouts/5 tackles), ant555 (25 disposals/6 tackles), MannumPower (21 disposals/6 marks/2 tackles/1 goal), Hatchy1992 (a massive yet wasteful 7 goals 9 behinds), SarahSmiles (17 disposals/4 marks/3 tackles/2 goals), philreich (18 disposals/6 tackles) and Sparkle (2 goals) did the damage.

For the Gorillas it was a mix of old and new. Supersuns (19 touches/3 tackles/1 goal) and JackNah_8 (19 disposals/6 hitouts/8 tackles) led the possessions while cats2rise (18 touches/1 goal), Runk (18 touches/6 marks/1 goal), Zevon (17 touches/4 marks/3 tackles/2 goals), fitzroybowiedog & Wosh (2 goals each) also looked lively.

Leading Disposals: Ant Bear (SCS) 30, ant555 (SCS) 25, MannumPower (SCS) 21, Supersuns (ROY) 19, JackNah_8 (ROY) 19, philreich (SCS) 18, cats2rise (ROY) 18, Runk (ROY) 18

Leading Goalkickers: Hatchy1992 (SCS) 7, Sparkle (SCS) 2, SarahSmiles (SCS) 2, Zevon (ROY) 2, fitzroybowiedog (ROY) 2, Wosh (ROY) 2

Leading Tackles: JackNah_8 (ROY) 8, ant555 (SCS) 6, philreich (SCS) 6

Official Sim Results
    3 - Ant Bear (SCS)
    2 - Hatchy1992 (SCS)
    1 - philreich (SCS)

RD 10 WCWGUM.png
    At half time of the match at Colosseum between the Wonders and the Gumbies it was the home team coasting (pun absolutely intended), holding a 35 point lead with double the number of scoring shots. Then the sinkhole that is constantly threatening to open underneath the West Coast home arena appeared and swallowed any effort the Wonders had left, as the visitors continued the trend of away victories by scoring 13 second half goals to three to return to the House of Gumby with a 34 point win. For those playing at home, that’s a 69 point turnaround.

*takes a deep breath*

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

There were winners on many lines for the Plasticine People, as Coach Pokey shuffled the magnets around to great effect in what was the SFA’s version of totaalvoetbal. Centreman Grimesy87 (18 disposals/6 marks/2 goals) does damage up front before going back to help Jivlain (20 disposals/10 marks/4 tackles) & omgfridge (23 disposals/6 marks) in repelling the Wonder hordes. The onball division of Barrybran (28 disposals/11 hitouts/4 tackles) and Riviat (26 disposals/8 tackles/1 goal) were everywhere. The forward line of Rodney Dangerfield (4 goals), EagleOz (3 goals), Brick Loosener & BlueE (2 goals each) were firing on most cylinders, while bone2468 (20 disposals/5 marks/1 goal) and Spuddd (18 disposals/9 tackles/1 goal) came off the bench to make significant impacts.

The home team also racked up plenty of possessions, particularly in the first half. SweetD (28 touches/7 tackles/3 goals) was the pick of the bunch, with SSwans2011 (24 touches/12 tackles/1 goal), haydo (25 touches/19 hitouts/3 tackles), Mozzie19 (27 touches/10 marks), Elmer_Judd (21 touches/7 marks), craffles (22 touches/6 marks/2 goals), jezzajay (20 touches/8 marks), dogs105 & ClarkeM (2 goals apiece) also doing well.

Leading Disposals: Barrybran (GUM) 28, SweetD (WON) 28, Mozzie19 (WON) 27, Riviat (GUM) 26, haydo (WON) 25, SSwans2011 (WON) 24, omgfridge (GUM) 23, craffles (WON) 22, Elmer_Judd (WON) 21

Leading Goalkickers: Rodney Dangerfield (GUM) 4, EagleOz (GUM) 3, SweetD (WON) 3, Grimesy87 (GUM) 2, Brick Loosener (GUM) 2, BlueE (GUM) 2, craffles (WON) 2, dogs105 (WON) 2, ClarkeM (WON) 2

Leading Tackles: SSwans2011 (WON) 12, Spuddd (GUM) 9, Riviat (GUM) 8, SweetD (WON) 7

Official Sim Results
    3 - SweetD (WON)
    2 - SSwans2011 (WON)
    1 - Spuddd (GUM)

Round 11
  • RD 11 BOMFUR.png
    It was a massive upset as the Furies recorded only their third win of the season against the high flying Bombers.

After a tight first quarter the Furies stamped their authority winning the second quarter by 22 points, including three quick goals right at the end of the half. They then showed incredible composure to maintain this lead. Although there was a final quarter comeback inspired by miggs and they got to within a goal on 3 separate occasions, another three goals at the end sealed the victory. The roars from the crowd when GREENESHOOTS scored the sealer could be heard all the way to Tittybong. For the Bombers, everything centred around Jabba73 who is having a great rookie season.

Disposals: Jabba73 (BOM) 35, kickthething RobR (BOM) 25
    Goals: miggs Jabba73 (BOM) Piggy Smalls (FUR) 3
    Tackles: RobR (BOM) Rioli8217 (FUR) 9, Pugsley (BOM) Tigerturbulance (FUR) 4

Official Sim Results
    3 - Jabba73 (BOM)
    2 - RobR (BOM)
    1 - Rioli8217 (FUR)

RD 11 CIWDRA.png
    In a high scoring game it was an upset as the Dragons overcome the first placed Warriors on their own ground.

It was truly a see-saw game. 2 goals by Ashman OG and Bonz put the Dragons into an early lead which was extended with some careful play. However, 5 goals in a row at the end of the half with 2 by zackah and Dinsdale brought the Warriors within a kick. They took the lead before a comeback by the Dragons themselves brought them to 10 points behind going into the final quarter. It was all set up for a grandstand finish. In a fantastic finish it was the Dragons, with 4 goals in a row at a critical time, who finally overcome their brave opponents.

Disposals: kdavva74 (CIW) Matt_352 (DRA) 32, Strigoi (DRA) 31
    Goals: Dinsdale (CIW) Bonz (DRA) 5, Ashman OG Blaze Storm (DRA) 4
    Tackles: The Half Back (CIW) 6, Bradesmaen A Swallow T2B_ (DRA) 5

Official Sim Results
    2 - Dinsdale (CIW)
    1 - Test Tickle (CIW)

RD 11 ESHLVB.png
    The bottom of the ladder clash ended in a win for the 11th-placed home team against the 10th placed team who had now lost their third game in a row.

In truth it was a sizzling first half by the Hawks, with 8 goals in the first quarter and another 5 in the second meaning the Hawks raced to a 60 point lead at half time. The main contributors were the dynamic duo PhenomenalV1 and Itsmyshow who helped themselves to 4 and 5 goals respectively. The second half was a chance for others to get involved, though Bears FF Metalcrusher found some form near the end.

Disposals: SM Agent93 PhenomenalV1 (ESH) 24
    Goals: PhenomenalV1 Itsmyshow (ESH) Metalcrusher (LVB) 5
    Tackles: PMBangers Biggie (ESH) Millky95 (LVB) 7

Official Sim Results
    3 - PhenomenalV1 (ESH)
    2 - Biggie (ESH)
    1 - PMBangers (ESH)

RD 11 GCRWCW.png
    It was a fourth win in a row - and what a win by the Royals against the third placed Wonders. For the Wonders, it was a third loss in a row and captain Mozzie19 must have been wondering how to arrest their alarming slide.

It was an absolute hammering helped by a 10 goal second quarter, including 4 goals in a row on two separate occasions. Those at the Golden Throne were very happy with the confidence shown by their team as the lead at half time was 9 goals. Whilst the Wonders limited the damage somewhat in the second half there were consistent goals as the home crowd were treated to 22 goals. It must have pleased The Filth Wizard to see the goals shared around and especially the form of spookism , Ulahoopski Marlowe and GreyCrow , while ArdentEagle best performed for the Wonders.

Disposals: spookism (GCR) 31, akkaps (WON) 30, GreyCrow (GCR) ArdentEagle (WON) 28
    Goals: The Filth Wizard (GCR) 5, Ulahoopski BRAB GreyCrow (GCR) ClarkeM (WON) 3
    Tackles: Marlowe (GCR) 9, Paddles_ (GCR) SweetD (WON) 7

Official Sim Results
    3 - GreyCrow (GCR)
    2 - Marlowe (GCR)
    1 - The Filth Wizard (GCR)

RD 11 GUMROY.png
    8th v 9th resulted in a third win in a row for the Gumbies at a muddy surface. The Roys were on top in the first quarter but were inaccurate in front of goal, scoring 1.6. And the Gumbies took advantage in the second. The fans were treated to some accurate kicking where only goals were scored, with the Gumbies scoring 5 in a row and ending up winning the quarter by 6 goals to 2. Rodney Dangerfield scored 2 of these. It was the Gumbies who were inaccurate in the third scoring 3.7 but the Roys were not able to take advantage as the game petered out towards the end. The ladies in the crowd with the "Will you marry me Rodders" placard were delighted as their main man scored 6.

Disposals: Ned Ryerson (GUM) 21, GWS Goose (GUM) 19, Barrybran (GUM) 18
    Goals: Rodney Dangerfield (GUM) 6, fitzroybowiedog (ROY) 3, wherearemykeys EagleOz (GUM) 2
    Tackles: Aristotle Pickett (ROY) 6, GWS Goose (GUM) 5, JackNah_8 (ROY) 4

Official Sim Results
    3 - Rodney Dangerfield (GUM)
    2 - Barrybran (GUM)
    1 - GWS Goose (GUM)

RD 11 SCSMBD.png
    In this 4th v 5th clash, it was the Demons who showed a statement of intent with a comfortable win. Leading from start to finish, the Swamprats had clearly focussed all their energies on stopping Demons FF Proper Gander . Whilst she did not have a touch all game, it means that other Demons were able to get a lot more of the ball. The Demons won the possession count with the disposals ending 236-190 and although the number of inside 50s were the same, the Demons were much more effective with their opportunities.

Disposals: pantskyle (MBD) 24, DemonJim (MBD) 23, Tarkyn_24 (MBD) 22
    Goals: Dero (MBD) 5, boncer34 (MBD) 4, GremioPower Hatchy1992 (SCS) Heardy_101 (MBD) 3
    Tackles: ant555 (SCS) manangatang (MBD) 4, Sparkle philreich (SCS) pantskyle (MBD) 3

Official Sim Results
    3 - Tarkyn_24 (MBD)
    2 - pantskyle (MBD)
    1 - manangatang (MBD)

Round 12
  • RD 12 CIWGCR.png
    The Warriors returned home from a disappointing 26 point loss (despite having 36 scoring shots) to the Dragons the previous week, determined to turn things around against the in-form Royals (who were buoyed by a 71 point win against the struggling Wonders the previous week). In a high scoring first quarter, just 7 points separated the teams at the first change before the Royals found another gear, kicking 5 goals to 3 to extend their lead to 20 points by half time. The Warriors made some structural readjustments after half time and managed to claw it back to a 7 point margin, but were left ruing their wasteful 2.5 return in the final quarter as the Royals managed 3.0 to hang on for a memorable 8 point win.

Experienced Royal Ulahoopski (110 DT, 4 goals, 4 tackles) was best on ground in a 5 bote "banga" of a performance, but he got plenty of support from experienced teammates Marlowe (99 DT, 27 , 7 tackles disposals) , ShaunDuggan (86 DT, 22 disposals), spookism (25 disposals, 93 DT) and nahnah (96 DT, 26 disposals). Forwards The Filth Wizard (3 goals) and BRAB (3 goals) also had an influence. For the Warriors, The Half Back (88 DT, 1 goal, 7 tackles) applied pressure all day and silver service for harry000 (5 goals) and zackah (3 goals) . NaturalDisaster (20 disposals and 76 DT off FB) was resolute in defence and provided some handy rebound in a close loss.

Leading Disposals - Marlowe (GCR) 27 nahnah (GCR) 26 spookism (GCR) 25 ShaunDuggan (GCR) 22
    NaturalDisaster (CIW) 20

Leading Tackles - The Half Back (CIW) 7 Marlowe (GCR) 7 ShaunDuggan (GCR) 5 Ulahoopski (GCR) 4 nahnah (GCR) 4

Leading Goals - harry000 (CIW) 5 Ulahoopski (GCR) 4 zackah (CIW) 3 The Filth Wizard (GCR) 3 BRAB (GCR) 3

Official Sim Results
    3 - Ulahoopski (GCR)
    2 - The Half Back (CIW)
    1 - Marlowe (GCR)

RD 12 DRAFUR.png
    The last place Furies were buoyed by their upset win over the Bombers the previous week and travelled to Ljp’s Lair to try and slay the finals -bound dragons. They came out fighting and managed a surprise 1 goal lead at quarter time which was extended to 2 goals by half time. The Dragons appeared to run out of puff in the third quarter as they slumped to a 4 goal deficit by the final change but somehow found their fire again to kick 6 goals and bring themselves back to within a goal with 4 more minutes to play. In the end, the furies held on to seal an unexpected 5 point victory .

Future furies skipper Bastyy (113 DT, 31 disposals ) and talented rookie GREENESHOOTS (100 DT, 12 tackles, 19 disposals ) were brilliant in the middle , and veterans TJASTA and Elton Johns Wig capitalised on the silver service with 4 goals apiece . Mister M (86 DT 19 disposals 7 tackles ) and Edmund hunt (30 disposals) were also influential and worked well with ruckmen Tigerturbulance (84DT 21 disposals 5 tackles ). In-form big man Bonz (6 goals 84 DT) was the standout for the dragons in a losing cause but received plenty of support from Strigoi (14 Hitouts, 10 marks, 23 disposals ) , T2B_ (8 tackles ) and Matt_352 (23 disposals)

Leading Disposals - Bastyy (FUR) 31 Edmund hunt (FUR) 30 Strigoi (DRA) 23 Matt_352 (DRA) 23 Tigerturbulance (FUR) 21

Leading Tackles - GREENESHOOTS (FUR) 12 T2B_ (DRA) 8 Mister M (FUR) 7 Tigerturbulance (FUR) 5 VandoHawk (DRA) 4

Leading Goals - Bonz (DRA) 6 Elton Johns Wig (FUR) 4 TJASTA (FUR) 4 Blaze Storm (DRA) 2 JackBero (FUR) 2

Official Sim Results
    3 - Bonz (DRA)
    2 - Mister M (FUR)
    1 - GREENESHOOTS (FUR)

RD 12 ESHBOM.png
    The Bombers travelled to The Eyrie after their disappointing 21 point loss to the bottom of the ladder Furies, determined to turn things around against the struggling Hawks. With both teams fighting for their seasons, this match had a strong buildup and the first half delivered, with the Hawks having a slim 1 point lead at quarter time and scores locked at 9.3 apiece by half time. The Hawks edged ahead to take a 7 point lead at the final change before overrunning the Bombers in a 6 goal to 2 final term en route to a memorable 35 point win.

The Bombers' win was a result of brilliant performances from talented young superstars RobR (102 DT, 22 disposals, 5 tackles, 3 goals) and Kilroy (94 DT, 26 disposals) and veteran Tony Lynn 15 (91 DT, 21 disposals).Veteran Hawks larrikin (109 DT, 23 disposals, 10 marks) and Milera2Betts (5 goals) wound back the clock and combined well with the in-form Hate (99 DT, 14 hitouts, 23 disposals, 7 tackles) and reigning EKA winner PMBangers (88 DT, 21 disposals, 8 tackles) . Midfielders SM (22 disposals) and por_please_ya (21 disposals) were also influential in the loss.

Leading Disposals - Kilroy (BOM) 26 larrikin (ESH) 25 Hate (ESH) 23 RobR (BOM) 22 SM (ESH) 22 por_please_ya (ESH) 21 PMBangers (ESH) 21

Leading Goals - Milera2Betts (ESH) 5 11kgm (ESH) 4 eth-dog (ESH) 3 RobR (BOM) 3 miggs (BOM) 2 iDon (BOM) 2

Leading Tackles - PMBangers (ESH) 8 Hate (ESH) 7 , RobR (BOM) 5 Antonio BlueVein (BOM) 4 Tony Lynn 15 (BOM) 4 eth-dog (ESH) 4 larrikin (ESH) 4

Official Sim Results
    3 - RobR (BOM)
    2 - Hate (ESH)
    1 - PMBangers (ESH)

RD 12 MBDWCW.png
    The Demons returned home after a 42 point triumph against the Rats the previous week to face the struggling Wonders who were hoping to bounce back from a 71 point thrashing and 3 goal losing streak. In the first quarter, the experienced Demons were too good, kicking 5 goals to 3 to take a handy 2 goal lead at the first change. The margin was cut back to 15 points at half time on the back of some excellent Wonders pressure. The Wonders continued to prove critics wrong and found another gear in the third quarter with scores tied at 56 apiece at three quarter time. In a thrilling final term, the Wonders took the lead early on and overcame inaccuracy to get a brief 13 point break before withstanding a late Demons surge to hold on for a crucial 4 point win.

Senior Wonder ArdentEagle (83 DT, 2 goals) and the underrated mike123 (20 disposals) were influential and veterans ClarkeM (4 goals) and croweater 41 (3 goals) made the most of limited opportunities. Despite the close result, there were few standouts for the Demons in this low possession/highlight game, though the experienced boncer34 (DT 69, 3 tackles), pantskyle (4 tackles, 21 disposals) and Proper Gander (3 goals) did everything they could to get the Demons over the line in what was ultimately a losing cause.

Leading Disposals - pantskyle (MBD) 21 manangatang (MBD) 20, mike123 (WON) 20 Callums_Guns (MBD) 19 ArdentEagle (WON) 18

Leading Tackles - Sab22 (WON) 5 pantskyle (MBD) 4 @boncer34(MBD) 3 manangatang (MBD) 3 ArdentEagle (WON) 3 SSwans2011 (WON) 3

Leading Goals - ClarkeM (WON) 4 croweater 41 (WON) 3 Proper Gander (MBD) 3 Heardy_101 (MBD) 2 Azarole (MBD) 2 ArdentEagle (WON) 2

Official Sim Results
    3 - ArdentEagle (WON)
    2 - Sab22 (WON)
    1 - manangatang (MBD)

RD 12 ROYLVB.png
    After an engaging week, the Bears and Roys joined forces to celebrate the brilliant career Broken has had at both clubs on the morning of his 300th game. On a warm day at The BJO, the Bears were looking to snap their 3 game losing streak whilst the Roys aimed to cement a spot in the finals. However, the Roys drew first blood, taking a 2 goal lead at quarter time and then kicking the first 2 goals of the second quarter. The Bears pegged the margin back to 2 points at half time, before an early goal to RookiePick gave them the lead for the first time in the game and sparked a couple of goals in a row from Metalcrusher. The Roys finished strongly to regain the lead and take a 8 point lead at three quarter time, and overall, kicked 5 of the last 7 goals of the game to seal their 7 point victory.

Star midfielders Runk (24 disposals, 103 DT) Supersuns (93 DT, 29 disposals, 3 tackles, 2 goals) and Wosh (25 disposals, 4 tackles, 91 DT) all dominated, allowing veteran fitzroybowiedog (4 goals) to capitalise. There were also standout performances from multiple Bears in a losing cause, including rockstar guero (102 DT, 27 disposals, 3 tackles) , form ruckman Muddiemoose (13 hitouts, 20 disposals, 1 goal, 88 DT) , Vice Camaignery Metalcrusher (4 goals) and classy midfielders Millky95 (82 DT, 10 tackles), Western Stand Warrior (24 disposals) and Matera92 (92 DT, 21 disposals) in a close loss.

Leading Disposals - Supersuns (ROY) 29 guero (LVB) 27 Wosh (ROY) 25 Western Stand Warrior (LVB) 24 Runk (ROY) 24 Dingster (ROY) 24

Leading Goals - fitzroybowiedog (ROY) 4 Metalcrusher (LVB) 4 bl4ke (LVB) 3 Supersuns (ROY) 2 Mobbs (ROY) 2

Leading Tackles - Millky95 (LVB) 10 Broken (LVB) 6 Muddiemoose (LVB) 4 Wosh (ROY) 4 Dingster (ROY) 3 Supersuns (ROY) 3

Official Sim Results
    3 - Supersuns (ROY)
    2 - Millky95 (LVB)
    1 - Muddiemoose (LVB)

RD 12 SCSGUM.png
    The fading Swamprats looked to turn their season around following a disappointing loss to the Demons the previous week as they hosted the in-form Gumbies . The Rats raced out of the blocks to stun the Gumbies with a 5 goal to 1 quarter and take a 4 goal lead at the first change, but the young Gumbies fought back to be 4 points ahead by the main break. The third quarter was a tussle and with the margin just 2 points at the final change, it was shaping to be a thriller. In the end the Rats just didn't have the fitness or speed to match the Gumbies' handball happy game and they slumped to a 27 point loss.

In a game with few outstanding individual performers, Grimesy87 (23 disposals, 77 DT) and GWS Goose (DT 74, 6 tackles) were the standouts for the Gumbies as cult hero Rodney Dangerfield (3 goals) and the legendary beez (3 goals) were able to capitalise and show glimpses of their form in previous seasons. Former admin Ant Bear (85 DT, 22 disposals) , veteran Hatchy1992 (6 goals) and the little known FishingRick04 (80 DT, 22 disposals) were all outstanding for the rats whilst skipper philreich (78 DT, 7 tackles) lead from the front in a losing cause.

Leading Disposals - Grimesy87 (GUM) 23 Ned Ryerson (GUM) 22 Ant Bear (SCS) 22 FishingRick04 (SCS) 22 GotTheGoodes (SCS) 21

Leading Tackles - philreich (SCS) 7 GWS Goose (GUM) 6 Riviat (GUM) 5 Ant Bear (SCS) 3 ant555 (SCS) 3

Leading Goals - Hatchy1992 (SCS) 6 Rodney Dangerfield (GUM) 3 beez (GUM) 3 Brick Loosener (GUM) 2

Official Sim Results
    3 - Riviat (GUM)
    2 - GWS Goose (GUM)
    1 - Barrybran (GUM)

EKA Medal
  • EKA Medal.png
    Every season, the EKA Medal is awarded to the rookie player whom the Committee representatives vote to be the best performed poster amongst that seasons class. The EKA is named after former administrator from seasons 2-4 EaglesKickAss, and has been awarded since Season 8. Some of the best Qootiers of all time have won this award, including The Half Back, pantskyle, brahj, Wosh and Elton Johns Wig, all of whom went on to bigger and better things.

The Rookie class of S31 was quite conservative in terms of numbers, but a few gems were uncovered. andleanback, Aristotle Pickett, BringBackTheAnchor, Catsnlakers, DockerDen5215, FishingRick04, Freo_4eva, GREENESHOOTS, Grimesy87, Here2tellyouwhy, Jabba73, powerrrrrrrrrrrr, wherearemykeys, Zevon & Zoops were all put forth as eligible EKA candidates for this season. Regardless of the result here tonight, I hope you all thoroughly enjoyed your first season and stick around and contribute for many more.

Now, I enlisted the help of previous EKA Winner PMBangers with these write ups, mainly because I wanted him to know that the EKA is the REAL rookie award. He was not told results, just given a list of possible candidates and asked to do a bit of a write up (I then did some editing based on their position).

In 3rd place on 8 votes is Baghdad Bombers Rookie Jabba73. Despite what some may say, this young man is not just ‘another Bomber’. Jabba brought a point of difference to the Bombers, to fit in but also standout, and make any thread he was involved in just the littlest bit, well weird. Whether it’s a long winded response that thoroughly dismantles opponents, or changing another posters name, or throwing in an under appreciated pun/ joke, Jabba was switched on and took every opportunity he got.

The runner up on 20 votes is Coney Island Warriors rookie DockerDen5215.
    Coming into the league with a bang, earning admiration almost immediately for his Round 1 performance against the Bombers, DockderDen5215 was pegged as one to watch from early on, with a controversial preseason switch from the Furies to the Warriors resulting in plenty of early season attention and momentum.

Fitting in seamlessly to the Warriors makeup and the league, DockerDen ticks all the boxes of a leading EKA candidate; topping his team posting with an enjoyable style, a consistent a big media piece in the form of his ‘The Run Home’ round by round update on each sides finals chances and situations and of course, an interest in the deceptive forum game ‘Werewolf’

and that leaves the winner of the S31 EKA Medal, with a total of 24 votes, from the Fighting Furies.

Cleverbot GREENESHOOTS

Offensively uncaring with zero sense of loyalty, in a good way of course, GREENESHOOTS has taken what the Furies are about and brought his own unique sense of humour to the team, earning the adoration of his teammates and opponents alike.

" GREENESHOOTS is the best Furies rookie since yours truly. This season Greeney has taken to the SFA like a duck to water or more specifically like Piggy Smalls to the dance floor at Kittens. Greeney has been involved in everything during this rookie season from match threads to media to supporting team mates behind the scenes.

While he's only been here a few months it feels like he's going to be around the SFA for a long time to come. This is evident by his understanding of the league both past and present. I admire his dedication to go back and learn about the history of the SFA in the way he has done recently"

GREENESHOOTS was one of the two rookies to venture into the media market in Season 31, although with a completely different approach to DockerDen5215, with a more antagonistic and almost ‘baity’ style in his media dealings, GREENESHOOTS never disappointed in his ability to get bites. When not making his own Media, GREENESHOOTS was spotted roaming the league, giving and receiving shots, to and from, anyone that was willing.

With his approach to posting and the chemistry he has formed with already established members of the league, and specifically within the Furies, GS looks to be a poster that will be here for a while in a big way!

Congratulations on the S31 EKA Medal GREENESHOOTS.

GREENESHOOTSFUR24
    DockerDen5215CIW20
    Jabba73BOM8
    CatsnlakersSCS6
    Aristotle PickettROY5
    powerrrrrrrrrrrrSCS3
    ZevonROY3
    Grimesy87GUM2
    Freo_4evaROY1
    BringBackTheAnchorDRA0
    ZoopsESH0
    andleanbackESH0
    FishingRick04SCS0
    wherearemykeysGUM0
    Here2TellYouWhyBOM0

Round 13
  • RD 13 BOMWCW.png
    After a loss in the prior round to the bottom four East Side Hawks, the Bombers came into the Round 13 clash sitting just inside the top 4, just two points ahead of the Wonders due to the Wonders draw earlier in the season. The Wonders were coming in off a 4-point victory against the Demons to overtake them, looking to do the same leapfrogging to the Bombers

After the Bombers led for majority of the first quarter, it was all the Wonders after the opening term to run out 49-point winners to get themselves into the top 4, and rename the West Coast’s public holiday to ‘Akkaps Day’. Yes it was quite the performance form the journeyman akkaps who slotted the lazy 9 goals from 12 kicks, aided well by midfielders SweetD and haydo (26 Disposals) as well as BallaratBulldog who went on a hugging frenzy, registering 12 tackles.

The Bombers remained competitive through the likes of Tony Lynn 15 (23 Disposals, 9 Marks), VStone (23 Disposals, 10 hitouts, 2 goals) and TheCoach16 (19 Disposals, 10 Marks)

Official Sim Votes:
    3 - akkaps (WON)
    2 - BallaratBulldog (WON)
    1 - RobR (BOM)

RD 13 CIWLVB.png
    A tale of two completely different seasons coming head-to-head, the Warriors were trotting along sitting safe in top spot on the ladder, despite the 2 loss streak, expecting a rather easy contest against the Bears. The Bears came into the contest on the bottom of the ladder, having lost their previous 4 fixtures looking for a way to kick start their season and keep their finals hopes alive.

With no lead blogger than 17 points through the contest, it was a genuine arm wrestle with 8 lead changes, and a late goal from everyone's favourite 100+ average poster MetalCrusher secured the win. Despite the loss, the Warriors had a massive 4 players register DT scores of over 100 in Tonga Bob (38 disposals and 9 marks), kdavva74 (35 disposals and 7 marks), The Half Back (30 disposals and 7 tackles) and Spanna (25 disposals and 9 tackles). For the victors, Matera92 (27 disposals and 7 marks), guero (27 disposals) and Lemon Boi (17 disposals and 10 marks) were big performances, with vice-captain MetalCrusher getting 4 goals and 6 behinds from 10 kicks.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - The Half Back (CIW)
    2 - kdavva74 (CIW)
    1 - Spanna_ (CIW)

RD 13 ESHFUR.png
    Fresh off the back of a 35-point victory over top 4 side Baghdad Bombers to make it a 2 win hot streak, the East Side Hawks played host to the dumpster divers of the league. Despite the difficult start to the year, the Furies were on a two win streak of their own after beating the Dragons.

The match didn’t have high expectations heading in, which was good because it was a low scoring and rather unexciting affair at the Eyrie. Despite being beaten in the ruck, Hate would be stiff not to be considered best on ground with his 21 Disposals, 1 goal and 5 hitouts, whilst young Chipmunk collect 19 disposal and 4 tackles. The Furies had Carson Dial (17 disposals and 7 marks) battle hard all game, with captain Tigerturbulance (12 Disposals and 6 hitouts) also putting in a good effort .

Official Sim Votes:
    3 - Chipmunk (ESH)
    2 - PMBangers (ESH)
    1 - Carson Dial (FUR)

RD 13 GCRGUM.png
    Round 13 saw the two form teams of the comp come head-to-head in a blockbuster fixture. Occupying 2nd and 3rd on the ladder,with a 5 and 4 win hot streak respectively, it was truly an unmissable clash for all Qooty fans!

With such a big build up to the game, the fans were excited and expecting an arm wrestle. Despite the fans wishes, the Gumbies decided they wanted to comprehensively dismantle the Royals from start to finish, running out with the 54-point victory to lock in a top 2 spot. Star full forward Rodney Dangerfield (6 goals) enjoyed a good day on the score sheet, with rookie Grimesy87 (22 Disposals, 9 marks) and feline friend Riviat (18 disposals, 2 goals) were crucial in the midfield battle. The Royals would’ve been pleased with grumbleguts (31 Disposals, 5 marks) and spookism (22 disposals, 5 marks) but overall would be happy to forget the result of this one.

Official Sim Results:
    3 - TalkingFootyNow1223 (GUM)
    2 - Riviat (GUM)
    1 - Noobz0r (GCR)

RD 13 ROYMBD.png
    The Demons were coming off a 4-point loss to the Wonders in Round 12 that saw them drop from the top 4. Their opponents, the Roys, were fresh off a win of a similar margin and back into the 8, to set this game up to be important for the upcoming finals series

The Roys led for majority of the contest, but weren’t able to truly put the Demons away at anytime, seeing the Demons gain the lead late in the 4th quarter. After an Allikat goal the Roys streamed forward, but were unable to capitalise with the Demons rushing it through, seeing the game end in a draw.

It was the pantskyle (31 Disposals and 14 tackles) and Tarkyn_24 (24 disposals and 14 hitouts) show for the Demons as the two combined well through the midfield, with superstar full forward Proper Gander slotting 8 goals from 10 scoring shots! The Roys looked good with the likes of JackNah_8 (18 disposals and 10 hitouts) and Runk (20 disposals and 7 marks) leading from the front.

Official Sim Results:
    3 - Proper Gander (MBD)
    2 - pantskyle (MBD)
    1 - JackNah_8 (ROY)

RD 13 SCSDRA.png
    With both sides coming into the contest off of losses it was bound to be a heated contest, with the loser facing an uphill battle to get back into a finals spot in the last few rounds of the season.

The game was tight, with the Swamprats looking threatening throughout but rarely giving the Dragons a proper scare, as the Sin City tenants came out suffering a 10-point loss. Former league admin Ant Bear (19 disposals, 8 hitouts and 7 tackles) flexed his muscle, with rookie FishingRick (23 disposals and 9 marks) also a strong contributor for the Rats. Dragons Matt_352 (24 disposals, 7 marks and 2 goals) was the highest dream team scorer, followed closely by MC Bad Genius (24 disposals and 6 marks), Cold Sober (23 disposals and 8 marks) and Strigoi (17 disposals, 12 hitouts and 7 tackles), with star forward Bonz adding 4 goals to his season tally

Official Sim Results:
    3 - Strigoi (DRA)
    2 - Ant Bear (SCS)
    1 - philreich (SCS)

Round 14
  • RD 14 DRAMBD.png
    After a draw with the spring chicken Roys in their Round 13 clash, the Demons well and truly needed a victory in Round 14 to get some breathing room from the chasing pack that sat just outside the top 8, whilst the Dragons had won a crucial 8-point game against the Swamprats to put themselves in the Top 4, but still at risk of dropping in the event of a loss. With the importance of the game being at the forefront of each captains mind, the Ruour mill about different stress release methods was fully operational, but after the WADA and COVID tests came back negative, both teams set out to play.

It was what we in the Qooty industry refer to as ‘a complete and utter decimation’ for the Dragons, as the Demons took a 3-point halftime lead and ran with it to finish the game 44-point victors, 18.15 - 123 to 12.7 - 79. The Demons had their forward line duo of Proper Gander (7 Goals) and Dero (5) to thank for most of their goals, seemingly drawn to the big sticks like flies to sh*t, with the dominance of Tarkyn_24 crucial to winning the midfield battle and getting it down there. Other notable contributions came from DemonJim (20 disposals, 7 marks) and moginie(18, 4) in what was an extremely impressive all round team effort
    🤗

There weren’t a lot of highlights for the Dragons unfortunately, in what was billed as arguably their most crucial game to date in the season, it was only Bonz (3 Goals) and Strigoi (18 disposals, 11 hitouts) who came out to fans wanting autographs, as the rest took the back exit to avoid abuse and vitriol

Official Sim Votes
    3. Dero (MBD)
    2. Tarkyn_24 (MBD)
    1. manangatang (MBD)

RD 14 FURCIW.png
    With both sides coming off of a loss, this was a game that would either break the Warriors losing streak and keep them within touch of the Gumbies at the top of the table, or get the Furies back off the bottom of the ladder, or at least not alone down there.
    The Furies led at the first 3 breaks, but the Warriors found a second wind in the last quarter, kicking 5 goals to come out on top. TheInjuryFactory (18 disposals, 9 tackles) led the way for the games dream team, clearly above anyone else in that regard with harry000 (5 goals) arguably the MVP for the Warriors.

The Furies had a few good contributors, with Mister M (13 disposals, 9 tackles, 1 goal) the best, followed closely by Piggy Smalls (15 disposals, 5 marks, 3 goals) who also flew the flag well.

Official Sim Votes
    3. TheInjuryFactory (CIW)
    2. Mister M (FUR)
    1. The Half Back (CIW)

RD 14 GCRROY.png
    Coming off an embarrassing loss to the Gumbies in Round 13, the Royals were desperate to get back on the winners list and push for top two, shaking off any ‘premiership hangover’ talks in the process. Fortunate for them, the Roys were coming off a demoralising draw against the Demons, sitting at 8th spot the Roys needed a victory tor risked dropping from the top 8.

It was a rather dull affair, with the Royals doing most of their scoring in the first quarter and the Roys in the last, the middle two quarters saw just 8 goals between them! However it would be the Royals that would come up on top by just the 8 points. GreyCrow (19 disposals, 12 hitouts, 6 tackles) led the game for dream team points, nahnah (18 disposals, 7 tackles) was also solid in the thick of it through the middle, whilst the ever reliable, most pleasant Marlowe (20 disposals) won plenty of it. Silent assassin NTRabbit (6 goals) knew where the goals were, kicking 4 in the first.

Despite a lower output across the board from the Roys, they still had some admirable contributions from the likes of Supersuns (16 disposals, 8 tackles, 1 goal), Wosh (19 disposals, 4 tackles, 3 marks) and Freo_4eva (17 disposals, 5 marks) working hard around the ground, whilst Barrels was the main benefactor of this with 3 goals

Official Sim Votes
    3. GreyCrow (GCR)
    2. NTRabbit (GCR)
    1. nahnah (GCR)

RD 14 GUMBOM.png
    Having defeated the reigning premiers in the Royals by an impressive 54-point margin the prior week, the Gumbies had gone a game clear into the top 2 with the Warriors, hosting the ever delightful, always friendly, never complaining, Bombers in Round 14, with the goal of going a game clear of the Warriors on their mind. The Bombers didn’t have a great Round 13, losing by 39 points to their new arch rival the Wonders, sitting at 7 wins and 6 losses this was a make or break game, as a loss could see them drop out of a finals spots.

Despite the gap in form heading into the game, it was far from easy for either side to break away on the scoreboard as both teams battled hard to keep themselves in it. In the end, the Gumbies would make it 6 wins in a row with a 7-point victory. The Gumbies were led by StFly (24 disposals, 10 marks, 2 goals) and Rodney Dangerfield (6 goals), with captain barrybran (23 disposals, 15 hitouts, 2 goals) was also impressive in giving his midfielders first hands to it.

The Bombers naturally had their fair share of contributors, with bad boy MITS (25 disposals, 9 marks) leading their disposals and dreamteam score, BLUEALLTHRU (4 goals) continued his goal kicking ways and rookie ruck Jabba73 (20 disposals, 13 hitouts) also put in a good shift

Official Sim Votes
    3. StFly (GUM)
    2. Barrybran (GUM)
    1. Rodney Dangerfield (GUM)

RD 14 LVBSCS.png
    The Bears were coming into the clash with a victory over top 2 side Warriors, the Bears were full of confidence and ready to kickstart their campaign to get back into finals, and they were coming up against a good side for it. The Swamprats had lost their prior fixture to the Dragons, and needed the win to similarly kick off their campaign.

The Swamprats came to play, leading the Bears at all breaks, seeing the game out as 10-point winners to start thinking about finals again. Leading the way for the victors was rookie Catsnlakers (22 Disposals, 10 marks), with MannumPower (21 disposals, 15 hitouts), jackster83 (21 disposals, 5 marks) and Ant Bear (26 disposals, 5 marks) also putting in strong shifts in the midfield, with SarahSmiles 3 goals proving crucial.

The bears had some great performances, none moreso than Matera92 (30 disposals, 8 marks) leading the game for dream team, well aided by guero (24 disposals, 9 marks) and Muddiemoose (25 disposals, 10 hitouts, 2 goals) in the flying the flag.

Official Sim Votes
    3. Matera92 (LVB)
    2. Muddiemoose (LVB)
    1. MannumPower (LVB)

RD 14 WCWESH.png
    Both sides came into the clash off the back of victories, with the Hawks desperate to continue their winning streak and sneak into finals, while the Warriors wanted to solidify their credentials and claims as a top 4 side.

The Wonders started the game strong, but the Hawks worked into the game and ran over the Wonders in the second half to walk out as 39-point winners. In an obscene game for individual performances, there were 6 players across both sides with over 100 dream team points, and 4 more registering over 90! Agent93 (30 disposals, 8 marks, 3 tackles) led all comers with 120, with Cadsky (33 disposals, 9 marks) and mike123 (26 disposals, 9 marks, 5 tackles) the next best with 112 and 11 respectively. Hate (29 disposals, 12 hitouts, 6 tackles), SM (30 disposals, 7 marks, 2 goals) and Chipmunk (27 disposals, 8 tackles) were the final 3 to get over 100 dream team scores.

Official Sim Votes
    3. Hate (ESH)
    2. haydo (WON)
    1. Chipmunk (ESH)

Round 15
  • RD 15 BOMGCR.png

The Bombers suffered a one-goal loss to ladder leaders Gumbies FFC last week, and were looking to get right back up and keep their top four hopes alive. A game ahead of today’s opponents on the ladder, the Royals narrowly beat the Roys in a low scoring affair last week, and with an eye on top spot still, were looking for a repeat here today.

This game between two fairly evenly matched teams promised to be a classic close encounter. Right up until Ulahoopski (22 disposals, 5 goals) and The Filth Wizard (6.1 goals) started kicking goals for fun - 3 each in a 9 goal first quarter for the Royals. The game was as good as over at that point. After quarter time, the Bombers did come to the party and if the remaining three quarters have been a game in its own right, we would have had the close battle we all expected.

Jabba73 (13 hitouts, 21 disposals, 1.1 goals) did a decent job in the ruck against Greycrow (12 hitouts, 20 disposals). And while Tony Lynn (21 disposals) and Pugsley (22 disposals, 2.1 goals) got plenty of the ball for the Bombers, the unstoppable Ulahoopski and tackling machine Marlowe (21 disposals, 12 tackles, 0.3 goals) always seemed to have extra gas in the tank and an extra trick up their sleeves.

Special mention to BRAB who took a break from sunning himself in the pocket for 3 quarters to snag a goal from each of his two touches.

Offical Sim Votes
    3 - Ulahoopski (GCR)
    2 - GreyCrow (GCR)
    1 - Pugsley (BOM)

RD 15 CIWWCW.png
    The Warriors were looking to keep the pressure on the Gumbies for top spot, behind only on goal difference before this game. Coming off the narrowest of wins over cellar dwelling Furies last week, they would need to take it up a notch this week. The Wonders suffered a heavy defeat to the Hawks at the Colosseum, and were 20-odd percentage points away from top four leading into this game.

If the Wonders were embarrassed by last week’s result, they failed to show it. They didn’t trouble the scorers in the first quarter, While the Coney Island side kicked 4.4 courtesy of The Half Back (1.0 goal), Dinsdale (17 disposals, 2.0 goals), zackah (1.0 goal), and toxic (2.0 goals). Through the middle of the game, there was a decent contest. The ruck duel was more interesting around the ground than in the centre. ArdentEagle (15 hitouts, 26 disposals, 1.1 goals) easily bested RelaxMax (12 hitouts, 22 disposals, 1.2 goals) and Sswans2011 (21 disposals, 7 tackles, 1.0 goal) tried his best to break up the dominance of Tonga Bob (25 disposals) and DockerDen5 (28 disposals, 1.1 goals).

By the final change, harry000 (4.6 goals) had given the Warriors a handy lead, and this was extended out to a rollicking 10 goals by the end, thanks to 12 multiple goal kickers. A fine example of a bunch of talented individuals made better by playing as one team.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - ArdentEagle (WON)
    2 - Raveneyes (CIW)
    1 - RelaxMax (CIW)

RD 15 ESHGUM.png
    The Hawks returned home from a triumphant 39 point win over the Wonders last week, which had plopped them into the 8 and given them hope of making finals. The Gumbies had edged out the Bombers in a thriller to keep top spot by a couple of percentage points. Both teams with everything to play for.

Not unexpectedly, the game started off in an arm wrestle. SM (23 disposals) and GWS Goose (20 disposals, 12 tackles and a goal) went head to head, with the Goose tackling everything with 5m of him, snagging a goal and handing one off to Barrybran (20 disposals, 1.1 goals) to give the ladder leaders a slender quarter time lead.

Hate (15 hitouts) dominated the restarts, with Zoops and por_please_ya the benefactors. They both finished with 26 touches and a goal but it was the Gumbies who stayed in front and took the points. Omgfridge helped himself to 21 disposals and beez took the plaudits with 3 goals straight. Itsmyshow tried hard in the final quarter but his inaccuracy in front of goal (2.5 goals) led to his team going down to an 8 goal loss.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - GWS Goose (GUM)
    2 - PMBangers (ESH)
    1 - NinjaSwan (ESH)

RD 15 MBDLVB.png
    Mount Buller had taken a handy win over the Dragons last week, to cement their finals spot and give them hope of the double chance. The Bears lost narrowly to fellow strugglers Sin City. On paper, this looked like an easy Demons win.

But if the Demons thought this would be downhill skiing, they were in for a rude awakening. They didn’t trouble the goal umpire until the last minute of the quarter, by which time the Bears had laid on 5 goals, thanks to Metalcrusher (4.2 goals) and Muddlemoos (15 hitouts, 24 disposals. 3.1 goals). The second quarter followed a similar pattern and the contest was all but over at half time.

The Demons did fight back and won the second half. While Tarkyn_24 (6 hitouts, 19 disposals, 2.0 goals) was well beaten in the ruck contest by the impressive Metalcrusher, he did get plenty of the ball around the ground and snagged a couple of goals. DemonJim was another notable for the Demons with 22 touches but it was Broken (16 disposals, 10 tackles, 1.0 goals) running both ways which drove the Bears to a comfortable - if unexpected - win in the end.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - Muddiemoose (LVB)
    2 - Broken (LVB)
    1 - Millky95 (LVB)

RD 15 ROYDRA.png
    Roys had suffered a narrow defeat to the Royals and had been unceremoniously dumped out of the eight. Dragons had lost to the Demons and were in danger of missing out themselves. This would be a fight to the death surely?

And so it began. A war of attrition. Fitzroybowiedog (4.2 goals) and Blaze Storm (3.0 goals) were the sharp shooters for their teams, while Supersuns (23 disposals, 2.1 goals) and A Swallow (22 disposals, 1.0 goal) went toe to toe in a thrilling contest. While Strigoi (9 hitouts, 22 disposals and a goal) just about dominated the ruck, Aristotle Pickett (9 disposals, 10 tackles) went crazy bringing down anything and everything that went near him. Including - and this is true - a hot dog vendor right on ¾ time.

The Dragons held narrow lead - never more than a couple of goals - for most of the day but in the final minutes, Allikat kicked the second of her 2 goals to give the Roys the lead, and the points.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - Supersuns (ROY)
    2 - Aristotle Pickett (ROY)
    1 - Strigoi (DRA)

RD 15 SCSFUR.png
    Two struggling sides came together with each side eyeing up a win against a team around them on the ladder. A win over the Bears last week gave the Rats a faint hope of making finals, while last place Furies had lost to the Warriors in a close game last week. The Furies would be hoping to get off the bottom of the ladder and avoid the dreaded wooden spoon.

The Furies really fancied themselves in this one and came out all guns blazing. Elton John’s Wig kicking an incredible 8.6 goals from 14 kicks and no handballs - a true full forward. By half time, the woeful Rats couldn’t even beat EJW’s 2 goals to that point and the contest was over. Despite try hard performances from MannumPower (14 hitouts, 27 disposals, 1.1 goals) and Ant Bear (24 disposals, 2.1 goals), they were getting overrun by TigerTurbulence (10 hitouts, 30 disposals, 1.0 goal) and stopped in their tracks by Greeneshoots with a world record 14 tackles to add to his 24 disposals and 2.1 goals - silk and steel.

GotTheGoodes kicked 3.1 goals to try and even the ledger but his partner in crime - in a frankly criminal performance - could only manage 1.6 goals. Not that it really mattered, with JackBero also helping himself to 4.1 goals in an astonishing performance from the Furies. A performance which left their fans questioning where had this been all season.

Official Sim Votes
    3 - Elton Johns Wig (FUR)
    2 - GREENESHOOTS (FUR)
    1 - MannumPower (SCS)

Round 16
  • RD 16 BOMROY.png
    Two sides with differing fortunes, the 5th placed Roys travelled to Baghdad to tackle a Bombers side looking to squeeze their way into the finals, a task made all the more difficult as they came in off the back of a 5 game losing streak. While for the Roys, they found themselves in a logjam in the middle of the ladder and still in danger of slipping out of finals contention.

A tight contest ensued in the first half, with the home side surrendering the advantage and a two goal buffer as both sides went into the main break pleased with their starts, as both Bombers veteran iDon and Roys stalwart fitzroybowiedog starred up front early for their respective sides.

But the contest was blown wide open after halftime as the home side flexed their muscles and dominated the second half, piling on nine goals to four to cruise home to a comfortable 16 point victory in front of a baying Baghdad crowd at Abdu Prison.

BEST

Bombers – Pugsley, Bovo, Koh Phi, Tony Lynn 15, iDon
    Roys – fitzroybowiedog, Mobbs, Allikat, Runk, Mooch

Official Sim Results
    3 – Pugsley (BOM)
    2 – Supersuns (ROY)
    1 – RobR (BOM)

RD 16 FURMBD.png
    Round 16 saw the hosts desperate to win to avoid the ignominy of a last placed finish and the wooden spoon. In a high scoring shootout, whilst both midfields boasted considerable firepower it was the battle between two glamour boy full forwards that drew the crowds through the turnstiles.

Furies full forward Turbo was a handful with 6 majors as he enjoyed an old fashioned shootout with Dees spearhead Tarkyn_24, the latter bagging 5 of his own, losing the battle but winning the war, as a slow starting Dees overturned a half time deficit to slowly grind their way on top, handing the Furies an agonising 2 point defeat.

BEST

Furies – Tigerturbulance, Wacky Tiger, Lady Godava, TJASTA, Edmund Hunt
    Demons – Tarkyn_24, Headless, pantskyle, DemonJim, moginie

Official Sim Results
    3 – Ned_Flanders (FUR)
    2 – Callums_Guns (MBD)
    1 – Piggy Smalls (FUR)

RD 16 GCRESH.png
    The reigning premiers were building momentum as they peaked at the right time of the season, which was bad news for a Hawks side looking to cling on to a top eight finish and a finals campaign as the two sides faced off in Gold City.

Fred contender and Royals skipper The Filth Wizard imposed himself on the contest early, ragdolling Hawks veteran full back Shermy as he put on a clinic. While for the Hawks, the return of phenomenalv1 was paying dividends, as he did his best to keep his side in the contest with a lively showing up front for the visitors.

The hosts made the most of their first half chances however, and as a result held a handy four goal lead at the break, but it would be the Hawks who would fight back in the premiership quarter, closing the gap to just 10 points at three quarter time. But the Royals found another gear through their prime mover Marlowe who had the ball on a string, as the premiers romped their way to a 37 point victory and a late charge up into the top four.

BEST

Royals – Marlowe, The Filth Wizard, spookism, Mr Premiership, nahnah
    Hawks – Phenomenalv1, Biggie, 11kgm, zoops, Itsmyshow, Hate

Official Sim Results
    3 – The Filth Wizard (GCR)
    2 – Marlowe (GCR)
    1 – Hate (ESH)

RD 16 GUMCIW.png
    The match of the round saw the Gumbies hosting the league leading Warriors, with the winner all but assured of claiming the minor premiership, while the loser would find themselves in a fight to hold on to a top four finish and the all important double chance.

The home side drew first blood, and opened up a handy early lead, as their All-SFA half back flank combination gave the Gumbies plenty of bounce out of D50 as they counter punched to great effect. Veteran Rodney Dangerfield was lively up front with 3 first half goals for the hosts, while the Warriors rookie toiled manfully on the wing for the visitors as he led all possession getters in the high scoring affair.

It would be the home side that would end up prevailing and clinching the minor premiership, as they hung on to register a 13 point win and claim bragging rights.

BEST

Gumbies – GWS Goose, Riviat, Barrybran, omgfridge, Rodney Dangerfield
    Warriors – zackah, FreoFalcon, DockerDen5215, RelaxMax, NaturalDisaster

Official Sim Results
    3 – GWS Goose (GUM)
    2 – TheInjuryFactory (CIW)
    1 – NSWCROW (GUM)

RD 16 LVBDRA.png
    The penultimate round of the season saw many sides still in the hunt for an unlikely finals berth, and few were as unlikely as the Bears, yet they headed into Round 16 miraculously still in the hunt for a finals spot, although needing a lot of results to fall their way to make it through. They welcomed a Dragons side sitting just inside the eight but coming into the match off a two game losing streak, with the result of the match set to have a major bearing on finals proceedings.

In a tough, dour contest, the Bears nudged their way in front, as veteran journeyman I Dont Care kicked the final goal of the second term to edge the Bears to a 3 point lead at the half. With All-SFA ruck Muddiemoose utterly dominating, the Bears would grow that lead in the third quarter, and despite Dragons full forward Bonz terrorising the Bears backline, the Bears kicked away to hang on for a crucial 25 point win at home.

BEST

Bears - Muddiemoose, Metalcrusher, guero, Lemon Boi, Fizzler,
    Dragons – fumbler, Bradesmaen, Bonz, MC Bad Genius, A Swallow

Official Sim Result
    3 – Muddiemoose (LVB)
    2 – Millky95 (LVB)
    1 – T2B_ (DRA)

RD 16 WCWSCS.png
    The Colosseum brought two sides looking like making up the numbers in Season 31 together, as the Wonders hosted an uncharacteristically ordinary Swampies outfit. Neutral observers could have been forgiven for giving this one a miss, but they would have missed out on a classic.

J_Chadwick continued to translate his scintillating off field form onto it, as he stamped his authority on the contest early. The two sides traded goals in the first half, but it was the Rats who would edge in front at the main break. Led by SarahSmiles who kicked his fourth from as many shots, the Rats jumped the Wonders in the third quarter as they increased their lead to 5 goals early in the final quarter, but it was the Wonders who struck back and struck hardest, banging on a huge 10 goals in the final quarter to romp home to a famous 9 point victory as they sealed their finals berth in the process.

BEST

Wonders – Grand Uncle Horace, Mozzie19, SSwans2011, mike123, dogs105, J_Chadwick
    Swamprats – GremioPower, SarahSmiles, edgie, Power Raid, philreich

Official Sim Results
    3 – LukeParkerno1 (SCS)
    2 – haydo (WON)
    1 – ClarkeM (WON)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back