SFNL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Some div 2 clubs have charged at the gate. Highett have , Mordi when they were there did.

Every club should charge at the gate.
Even $5 a head would be a few hundred a week that clubs don't have currently.

This Division is falling way behind other comps and will eventually be swallowed up if things don't change.

I don't know of any other Comp outside Amos that don't. It's costing clubs in div 3 pretty much the same fees to play as it does in every other league yet we don't have that revenue stream. And we can't run effective social memberships either as there's no value in them.

I was not charged once in 2016 and only had to show my membership card at Chelsea heights or it was $10 I think. I attended every away game

Heard Doveton got flogged by mount today.

Seriously stop making excuses oh didn't have a full side blah blah. Heard they've lost a lot og players. Probably why they can't feel their so called proper side.

Lyndale will be up right up there. So will Hallam.
We got beaten by 6 or 7 goals. Down by 3 goals at 3qtr time. Fielded a similar side to the last few weeks. Corrie Wilson played some time this week.
We have 2 practice games left and have put plenty of game time into our fringe players and under 19s against pretty strong opposition over the last 3 weeks. Certainly stronger than the other side of the draw.

We will have a few underdone for various reasons but we're going to be in the mix.

Last edited:
there's no gate in div 2. some clubs make u show membership card but other than that no gate. the league has proven in the past that new clubs don't go straight to div 1 so I was referring to the div 2 gate situation..... canteen and beer sales would drop I reckon. initially anyway. crowds are way bigger in sefnl than at div 2 sfnl, even with hp struggling they have a very loyal supporter base. the potential problem I see is ppl from other clubs going to hp to watch. when they were in mpnfl premier league they set gate records at many away games but opposition supporters hardly attended away games at hp
Mate there are gates in all divisions as long as you have a ground that is fenced off and you have volunteers that are willing to work.

May not be relevant now but may impact on the viability of some SFL clubs down the track. Pakenham is one of the biggest growth corridor areas in the country. Kids everywhere and houses going up every day. Surely, they can’t be struggling for numbers?
Billy I was at a BBQ on the week end and they pres told me a lot of players have left to go to a club called Tarwin for some big $ 6 to 8 have gone, could also have to do with the majority of the players sick of the uneven comps year to year, a lot of the guy's have families and mortgage's so the extra $ help including travel costs and reggo fees.

Webby walked out because he can't coach, he didn't have what it takes to coach his own side in he's own right, goes' to show having higher levels of coaching certificate mean jack %hit when it comes down to the nitty gritty of coaching.

Greg, EH advertise for a coach and no doubt interviewed, checked their CV and due diligence calling previous clubs etc. End of process the Club selected the applicant not the applicant selecting the club so I think it is a bit rich stating he was no good, the selection panel was no good .

Nah, he walked out Greg so stop trying to whitewash it.

There were even photos on your FB pumping up the selection with 'great choice ...' 'best applicant...'

Think before you post Greg

Greg, EH advertise for a coach and no doubt interviewed, checked their CV and due diligence calling previous clubs etc. End of process the Club selected the applicant not the applicant selecting the club so I think it is a bit rich stating he was no good, the selection panel was no good .

Nah, he walked out Greg so stop trying to whitewash it.

There were even photos on your FB pumping up the selection with 'great choice ...' 'best applicant...'

Think before you post Greg

Not disagreeing at all, you get all the credentials ticked off put him in the drivers seat and find he can't even change gears to get it moving, I was involved in all his sessions prior to x/mass amateurish.

We got beaten by 6 or 7 goals. Down by 3 goals at 3qtr time. Fielded a similar side to the last few weeks. Corrie Wilson played some time this week.
We have 2 practice games left and have put plenty of game time into our fringe players and under 19s against pretty strong opposition over the last 3 weeks. Certainly stronger than the other side of the draw.

We will have a few underdone for various reasons but we're going to be in the mix.

Ignore the champishere... he's a flog

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

we at lyndale are hoping to improve and hopefully make finals. unfortunately we dont have the kind of cash like alot of these top teams have to spend.
black rock will lose a few games pencil it in.
Get around us
Agree I think black rock will definitely lose a few and won't be top... Hallam be massive movers

Speaking to a few guys around the area, their committee are virtually saying " crisis, what crisis"? they have heaps of smarts and will rebuild the club after the effects of the last 2 coaches. Good luck to them. Go to keep the club alive as vital for the Dandy area I reckon

With no more than 30 blokes, no reserves coach, new recruit Hopkins already leaving and losing to Hallam in a shortened match by 100 plus after they put the cue in the rack at 3/4 timeif that's not a crisis 2 weeks before round one, what is?

Sorry, my bad. That's who I meant.

But that's ok, the Wife and Husband will be happy still. Especially THE WIFE. Less focus on other people....wonder if that will make her Facebook seeing that everything else in her pitiful life does!!!

With no more than 30 blokes, no reserves coach, new recruit Hopkins already leaving and losing to Hallam in a shortened match by 100 plus after they put the cue in the rack at 3/4 timeif that's not a crisis 2 weeks before round one, what is?

Don't know but I can tell you End Hills, CPL, Sandown, Moorabbin, Lyndale based on turmoils and transfers are also in the same boat with coaches gone and players moving on. DIfference is the people running Dandenong are in for the long haul and realise they have bottomed out, but guess what?,their motto is there is only one way and thats up, so no matter what the doomsayers like yourself are saying Im sure they are just getting on with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recon I've seen more than 30 blokes at all three of their matches, and I recon the new recruit who is clearing out showed that over the season, he'd spend more time injured and sulking than playing.. might not be a bad loss in the sense that he'd be taking a fair paypacket and seemed to be a bit weak minded, sulky and quick to go the biff when he gets beaten...

Until they forfiet games, have no committee and no community support (even if it is a small bunch) doomsday isn't quiet at their doorsteps..

I'm sure all the kicking they cop online will just make the 1st win taste that little sweeter whenever it does come..

The culture is absolutely amazing players who come are friends of people already there and people generally don't leave.... no players come to ashwood for the money... the money players might be getting is just a bonus
People get offered allot more elsewhere but stay because they love the club
No money at Ashwood? Suck my dick there isn't!

Hampton park surviving in the SEFNL or coming to this div has a huge impact on half the clubs in this division.

Hi All,
Kev Hillier will be hosting a show called Bush and the Burbs on SEN 1116 where we chat to local football clubs & tonight HAMPTON PARK senior coach Dean Warren is a guest speaker at about 9:40PM - tune in to hear Deans plans to restore the clubs on field success!!

As
Hi All,
Kev Hillier will be hosting a show called Bush and the Burbs on SEN 1116 where we chat to local football clubs & tonight HAMPTON PARK senior coach Dean Warren is a guest speaker at about 9:40PM - tune in to hear Deans plans to restore the clubs on field success!!

tell him to stop offering our under 17s money to come play over there! Lol

Hi All,

HAMPTON PARK, who gives a stuff! Hope he has locked up his house and employed a security guard if he is required to go into the studios.

plenty of biffs tonight in the dandy lyndhurst game resulting in the big boss dave speaking to both huddles at 3qrt time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back